1 ... 606 607 608 609 610 ... 1760
AAZCD (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD (Forum Supporter) Dork
7/17/21 3:10 p.m.

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/17/21 3:11 p.m.

In reply to Wayslow :

I believe that horse E36 M3 and cow E36 M3 have an almost clean, earthy aroma, unlike human E36 M3, which smells like E36 M3. 

Note: this is self directed. I do not recommend anyone literally insert their opinion into his or her own rectum. That would lack decor.

bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter)
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/17/21 3:31 p.m.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
7/17/21 4:15 p.m.
SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) said:

Mr. Peabody said: Unfortunately teachers are not known for being financially literate.

As a shop teacher (I teach Math as well), I fight for the importance of "employability skills." I am viewed by both colleagues, as well as the local university's Faculty of Education, as a grizzly old curmudgeon of a teacher, with his head in the sand, unable to learn new things.

I'm fine with that.

Employability skills.

You would think that would be their mandate. Curiously, when I was in high school they did everything in their power to derail my plans to become a mechanic. And that's a big part of why the relationship didn't last.

I think I told this story before, but a few years ago a teacher friend helped organize a presentation by the Ministry of skills development on the trades. The next day he got a phone call from an irate mother. She was furious that her son came home talking about the trades. He was too good for that. He was going to university.

G, I applaud your efforts

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
7/17/21 4:26 p.m.
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) said:

Note: this is self directed. I do not recommend anyone literally insert their opinion into his or her own rectum. That would lack decor.

It certainly would.

Note to self: Don't take decorating tips from Joel

stanger_mussle
stanger_mussle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/17/21 4:43 p.m.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UberDork
7/17/21 4:43 p.m.
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) said:

In reply to Wayslow :

I believe that horse E36 M3 and cow E36 M3 have an almost clean, earthy aroma, unlike human E36 M3, which smells like E36 M3. 

Horse E36 M3, sure.  Cow?  Nah.

Horse smells earthy cause its barely digested.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UberDork
7/17/21 4:49 p.m.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
7/17/21 5:25 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

I call shenanigans. Barbarian wasn't a PHB class in 2e.

7 Best Gary Gygax Meme ideas | dnd funny, dungeons and dragons memes, geek  humor

NickD
NickD MegaDork
7/17/21 6:00 p.m.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/17/21 6:14 p.m.
Beer Baron said:

In reply to Mr_Asa :

7 Best Gary Gygax Meme ideas | dnd funny, dungeons and dragons memes, geek  humor

Oh wow.  This reminds me of a webcomic I completely forgot about.

Darths and Droids is basically screenshots of the Star Wars movies, scripted as if they were an RPG being played by some kids, scene by scene starting with The Phantom Menace.  It's hilarious.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/17/21 6:17 p.m.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
7/17/21 6:22 p.m.
NickD said:

That was the C8 behind me on the way into town today, as I had a long line of cars in front of me, also going 10 over.

And when he pulled up beside me in the turning lane at the light he gave me the finger

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
7/17/21 8:03 p.m.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones HalfDork
7/17/21 9:28 p.m.
NickD said:

Well seeing as the spot to the right is empty, Darth Vader is being an shiny happy person too

Pete. (l33t FS)
7/17/21 9:28 p.m.
Mr. Peabody said:
NickD said:

That was the C8 behind me on the way into town today, as I had a long line of cars in front of me, also going 10 over.

And when he pulled up beside me in the turning lane at the light he gave me the finger

So what you're saying is, there's a Chevy dealership that has a Raptor that they just took in on trade?

Unrelated meme or funny pic:

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
7/17/21 9:35 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

In reply to volvoclearinghouse :

"C's" get degrees.  

And 20 years later, no one gives a berkeley what my undergrad GPA was.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UberDork
7/17/21 9:54 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
Beer Baron said:

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Oh wow.  This reminds me of a webcomic I completely forgot about.

Darths and Droids is basically screenshots of the Star Wars movies, scripted as if they were an RPG being played by some kids, scene by scene starting with The Phantom Menace.  It's hilarious.

I absolutely loved that comic.

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
7/17/21 9:55 p.m.

matthewmcl (Forum Supporter)
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
7/17/21 10:00 p.m.

In reply to Beer Baron :

Barbarians came out in Dragon magazine in 84 or so. The class predates 2e.

Pete. (l33t FS)
7/17/21 10:03 p.m.

And now, Episode 1's premise analyzed:

GM: "The people have ELECTED a wise QUEEN, who is 14 YEARS OLD.  And the Trade Federation, planning to take over Naboo, have landed their entire invasion fleed on the OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE PLANET."

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UberDork
7/17/21 11:22 p.m.

Carbon (Forum Supporter)
Carbon (Forum Supporter) UberDork
7/17/21 11:44 p.m.
NickD said:

Maybe he wants to go 20 over, let him by. 

robertdavid8520
robertdavid8520 New Reader
7/18/21 5:52 a.m.

Guys there're lots of replies here so I'm not sure if this meme was posted before by anyone or not....but this is my favorite of the day!!

Subaru Head Gasket Meme - CANDEL

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/18/21 6:23 a.m.
Mr. Peabody said:
NickD said:

This reminds me of one of my favorite experiences with an irate driver who hadn't noticed that the reason I was driving ten under the speed limit was the fully loaded dump truck in front of me. 

She was having a meltdown, weaving back and forth, gesturing wildly and obviously shouting. 

We reached the turnoff to the highway, and she and the (invisible to her) dump truck both shifted into the right lane for the entrance ramp.

Angry driver then went full throttle while while continuing to direct all of her attention at me. Last second panic braking saved her from hitting the dump truck that magically appeared in front of her. 

Of course she followed the dump truck from ten feet back, leaving herself no room to accelerate as it lumbered down the ramp to the highway. 

I'll bet she was a lot of fun to work with that morning. 

Meme may be somewhat relevant. 

1 ... 606 607 608 609 610 ... 1760

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jwvdzBF16niMTdFvdSnsw8mstGYQGFy38LNqNC4fZb4pjdcNpTGuKm2vM14mSKyW