1 ... 633 634 635 636 637 ... 1721
AAZCD (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/15/21 5:16 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

In reply to JAGwinn :

That's a link to a story on Fox news, which I don't support.  Please provide a link to the actual study

Please don't. Not here.

JAGwinn
JAGwinn New Reader
8/15/21 5:25 p.m.

In reply to AAZCD (Forum Supporter) :

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
8/15/21 5:36 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

In reply to JAGwinn :

That's a link to a story on Fox news, which I don't support.  Please provide a link to the actual study

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
8/15/21 5:41 p.m.

I still haven't seen an actual link to a study.  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Decoding the spread of memes in time of coronavirus: From dispelling the  sense to doom to providing 'edutainment'-Living News , Firstpost

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/15/21 5:47 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

In reply to JAGwinn :

Yea, this right here, taking offense at the stupidest E36 M3 and then never letting it go and insulting every retort? That's what makes you a berkeleying child regardless of age.

Can we please stop this whiny pissing contest and return to memes? Maybe if you can't quit bitching at each other you should take a break for a few days.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
8/15/21 5:48 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Broseph, I just said I don't like Fox news.  There is no insult in any of my posts.  If someone needs to take a break, maybe its you?

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/15/21 6:00 p.m.

JAGwinn
JAGwinn New Reader
8/15/21 6:45 p.m.

JAGwinn
JAGwinn New Reader
8/15/21 6:49 p.m.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
8/15/21 8:18 p.m.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
8/15/21 8:30 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

In reply to JAGwinn :

If you read it, it's a misleading headline of the incredibly obvious and boring. Basically that psychologists have realized that some people as old as 28 don't yet know how to act like adults. It has nothing to do with biology or brain development or anything. Just acting "teenage like".

Which is stupid because I've met plenty of people of every age who don't act like adults.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
8/15/21 8:40 p.m.
Beer Baron said:
Mr_Asa said:

In reply to JAGwinn :

If you read it, there is no study being reported. The truth is pretty boring and obvious. Basically just says, "...'teenage like behavior' can extend up to 28..."

In this case, 'adolescent' and 'teenage like' are not biological things. Just means, "young person who is not yet acting as an adult."

The whole thing is stupid because I've met plenty of people of every age who don't act like adults.

Yep, in some ways teens are waaay more exposed to adult markers of maturity, in other ways they are handheld with the vast majority of "joining adult society" decisions made for them. Some of those markers define when someone leaves "adolescence" leading to articles like the one linked. I found a bunch more from sources like the BBC and Scientific American in case you don't like the other source.

JAGwinn
JAGwinn New Reader
8/15/21 8:57 p.m.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/15/21 8:57 p.m.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
8/15/21 8:58 p.m.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
8/15/21 8:59 p.m.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Dork
8/15/21 9:00 p.m.
JAGwinn said:

In reply to AAZCD (Forum Supporter) :

This is what happened TODAY as I wore slippers out to the barn, stumbled and kicked a cement step.

I couldn't help but laugh at your meme.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
8/15/21 9:25 p.m.

In reply to Beer Baron :

I appreciate the summary, my man.  From my searches the oldest I could find was "Late Adolescence" lasting up to roughly 24 years old which is why I wanted an actual study.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Dork
8/15/21 9:33 p.m.

I have been thinking about nitrous lately ...

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Dork
8/15/21 9:38 p.m.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Dork
8/15/21 9:38 p.m.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Dork
8/15/21 9:46 p.m.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
8/15/21 9:52 p.m.

AND WOLVES?!?

In reply to RevRico :

asking for another source ain't childish my dude

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/15/21 10:02 p.m.
JAGwinn said:

"Your wing's off!"

"....No it isn't"

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/15/21 10:30 p.m.

Oh, you have one wing? You must generate SOOOO much lift.

1 ... 633 634 635 636 637 ... 1721

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
P9F03RIDhpA9q4UijjKSaTPPIwNGCNCaxMKqbELdCIZhXeJWnGjdZtB8R2rhL8w9