1 ... 643 644 645 646 647 ... 1737
ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
8/23/21 1:20 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

I agree.

Do I choose to go to Olive Garden?  Not really, probably haven't been in 10 years.  But I don't look upon it with disgust like everyone else seems to.  You know what you are getting.  Decent food, predictable atmosphere and prices.  If I went there for a work meal or something I would happily order some Alfredo sauce and eat my way into unlimited breadstick coma.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
8/23/21 1:21 p.m.
mtn said:

Oooohhh, I get to post my Olive Garden rant again

There is one other reason to go to these types of restaurants: They often have very strict food allergy protocols. If you're with someone with a severe allergy, the chains typically have it down. 

Which is one of the reasons I won't eat there.

Mrs. P actually really likes it, though she realizes just how terribly unhealthy it is.

Do you have any food allergies or special requests?

Yes, I don't eat dairy.

(Looking a little confused and motioning to the right), The door is over there sir

The last (and only) time we were there, there was really nothing for me to eat. Mrs. P couldn't make up her mind there were so many bad choices. Fortunately, as far as I know, we don't actually have any in Ontario.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/23/21 1:38 p.m.

Okay, I'll try something else... wink

No Time
No Time SuperDork
8/23/21 1:44 p.m.

Hopefully no one gets bent out of shape...

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/23/21 1:48 p.m.

In reply to Mr. Peabody :

I say it repeatedly but I can't take credit for it. It was originally a much funnier Long Islander, Adam Ferrara who said it when I saw him in a club before he was somebody. It was made more funny because at the time he was doing commercials for the Olive Garden and he was getting his balls broken by a guy in the audience about it.  

In reply to Duke :

I try not to E36 M3 on a lot of things, but I will never pass on the chance to beat up on a mediocre chain restaurant.  Anyone that lives in a place where the Olive Garden is the best Italian in town should move. I like a lot of terrible taste in a lot of things: pop music, G Wagens, chubby strippers with cheap tattoos, but I will not willingly eat anyplace that's located off more than three exit ramps. 

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
8/23/21 1:48 p.m.
No Time said:

No, I think that requires surgery, not just a pill

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/23/21 2:00 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Duke :

I try not to E36 M3 on a lot of things, but I will never pass on the chance to beat up on a mediocre chain restaurant.  Anyone that lives in a place where the Olive Garden is the best Italian in town should move. I like a lot of terrible taste in a lot of things: pop music, G Wagens, chubby strippers with cheap tattoos, but I will not willingly eat anyplace that's located off more than three exit ramps. 

You are missing out, my friend. The bottom of that spectrum is wonderful.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
8/23/21 2:01 p.m.
Mr. Peabody said:
No Time said:

No, I think that requires surgery, not just a pill

Actually I just saw a commercial at the doctors office, they have a pill for that too. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
8/23/21 2:09 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

Because everyone is a hypocrite somehow I make three exceptions, Waffle Houses if I end up near one at night, White Castle, Zaxby's.  

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
8/23/21 2:12 p.m.
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:

Met him and he gushed over my son!  (Sorry, had to brag, he's an awesome human being)

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
8/23/21 3:13 p.m.
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/23/21 3:43 p.m.

psteav (Forum Supporter)
psteav (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/23/21 4:56 p.m.

In reply to Beer Baron :

YOU CAN'T DISAPPOINT A PICTURE!

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
8/23/21 5:01 p.m.
psteav (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Beer Baron :

YOU CAN'T DISAPPOINT A PICTURE!

I get lost in so many fandoms. — They're going to be friends!!!!!!!!!!

Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/23/21 5:05 p.m.

I'm more of a foodie than a food snob. I'll eat just about anything, just about anywhere, and probably have. 

12 Hilarious Posters That Show The Very Real Differences Between A Food Snob  & A Food Lover

Wally (Forum Supporter)
8/23/21 5:09 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01 + Sized and :

I'm just an shiny happy person. No one should take my opinions seriously. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/23/21 5:09 p.m.

Now I miss the Indian place across from where I lived when I was 19.

It was torn down and there are apartments there now.  Wish I knew what happened to the chef, have not had Indian nearly as good anywhere else.

Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/23/21 5:29 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

I stopped at a Shawarma place in Detroit last week that was outstanding. I had never heard of Shawarma before. My son found it on Google while we were looking for a place to stop for lunch. I'll try anything at least once. It was crazy good.

Turns out there are a couple of local hole-in-the-wall Middle Eastern restaurants that will be getting some of my business in the near future. 

25+ Best Shawarma Memes | Are Memes, Your Memes, Future Wife Memes

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
8/23/21 6:08 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

I'm just an shiny happy person. No one should take my opinions seriously. 

Now you're stepping on my turf. You go back to talking about your wife's peach

Wally (Forum Supporter)
8/23/21 6:23 p.m.

In reply to Steve_Jones :

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
8/23/21 7:25 p.m.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
8/23/21 7:34 p.m.
Toyman01 + Sized and said:

I stopped at a Shawarma place in Detroit last week that was outstanding. I had never heard of Shawarma before. My son found it on Google while we were looking for a place to stop for lunch. I'll try anything at least once. It was crazy good.

Turns out there are a couple of local hole-in-the-wall Middle Eastern restaurants that will be getting some of my business in the near future. 

I had a similar reaction when I first found Shawarma back in 2013ish. How is it not more well known?

Be aware, there are more than a few different varieties, some are more pleasing to my palate than others. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
8/23/21 7:44 p.m.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/23/21 7:54 p.m.
mtn said:
Toyman01 + Sized and said:

I had a similar reaction when I first found Shawarma back in 2013ish. How is it not more well known?

Be aware, there are more than a few different varieties, some are more pleasing to my palate than others. 

The deli up the street from where I work does shawarma.

It's really good... except for waiting about fifteen minutes for them to make it, and then the clerk/cashier/whatever you call her will stand there bullE36 M3ting with you while ringing you up instead of actually, you know, ringing you up, which pisses me off heavily because I am busy and have a half hour to eat and now you've cut it down to five minutes and if you keep talking and not bagging I'm just going to throw it in the trash on my way out the door because I won't have any time at all to eat it.

So I haven't been there in forever.

They also have falafel... which I have a serious soft spot for.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
8/23/21 8:00 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

I didn't say that Olive Garden is the best Italian in town.

I said it's the best readily available cheap-but-not-formica-tables-cheap Italian in town.

There's a distinct difference.

1 ... 643 644 645 646 647 ... 1737

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gU3vjFMmjDcaNjG6YJIMZ4RabYSeBwqCUKOA4cvmeZcFid4NFTBjPuE6zgyKcDJn