10/7/21 1:53 p.m.

Post image

NickD
NickD MegaDork
10/7/21 2:09 p.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/7/21 2:27 p.m.

May be an image of text that says '*Note to all the premature Christmas decorators* Calm down, Mary hasn't even told Joseph she's pregnant yet.'

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/7/21 6:50 p.m.

Post image

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
10/7/21 7:19 p.m.
Stefan (Forum Supporter) said:

Post image

That’s dark.  Brilliantly berkeleying dark.  Meme unrelated 

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/7/21 7:52 p.m.

Post image

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/7/21 7:59 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/7/21 8:01 p.m.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/7/21 8:04 p.m.
Stefan (Forum Supporter) said:

Post image

What if you want your child to grow up to kill the King?  Ever think of that?

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
10/7/21 9:00 p.m.

In reply to johndej :

Ha ha - I got that book for a gift back in the day and I still have it.   

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
10/7/21 9:53 p.m.

In reply to Stefan (Forum Supporter) :

There is a whole body of medical work regarding the disadvantages of c-section vs. Vaginal birth. Which is not to say that c-sections are "bad" , just that they're not the optimal way to get the kid out of the mother. Unfortunately, most NPC's seem unable to have a sensible, logical, rational discussion regarding topics any more controversial than "mustard or mayo" , so everyone picks a side and refuses to listen or reason.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
10/8/21 6:44 a.m.

No Time
No Time SuperDork
10/8/21 6:57 a.m.

No Time
No Time SuperDork

No Time
No Time SuperDork

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/8/21 8:30 a.m.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/8/21 8:48 a.m.
volvoclearinghouse said:

There is a whole body of medical work regarding the disadvantages of c-section vs. Vaginal birth. Which is not to say that c-sections are "bad" , just that they're not the optimal way to get the kid out of the mother. 

I've never heard of a c-section being recommended without very good reason, because of this. The first time, my wife went through 15 hours of labor and 3 hours of pushing before they threw in the towel and prepped her for surgery. They gave it all that time despite the baby being huge and a first delivery, as well as my wife having a skeletal structure down there that would make it more challenging. 

The second time, we got pregnant too early after the first, and all the recommendations said it would have to be a c-section because the uterus wouldn't have been fully healed. Still, the OBGYN walked us through all of the reasons for this, and said we could try for the normal way. We declined, because of the risk and same skeletal structure - and good thing, because this baby was even bigger. 

My wife wishes it could have gone differently, but realizes life dictates some things that we can't control. We can control our responses though, and a c-section is an appropriate and prudent response to many situations. I see it similar to formula vs breastfeeding. Yes, breastfeeding is preferable, for a plethora of reasons. But some times it is just not possible, no matter how strong the desire is to do it. For those mothers, formula is a miracle.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/8/21 9:41 a.m.

In reply to mtn :

The boy's noggin was to big to fit. C-section it was.  I asked the doc to make a sawtooth pattern incision.  ?!?! ...So when it heals her gut looks like Charlie Brown.  I was denied.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
10/8/21 9:48 a.m.
mtn said:
volvoclearinghouse said:

There is a whole body of medical work regarding the disadvantages of c-section vs. Vaginal birth. Which is not to say that c-sections are "bad" , just that they're not the optimal way to get the kid out of the mother. 

I've never heard of a c-section being recommended without very good reason, because of this. The first time, my wife went through 15 hours of labor and 3 hours of pushing before they threw in the towel and prepped her for surgery. They gave it all that time despite the baby being huge and a first delivery, as well as my wife having a skeletal structure down there that would make it more challenging. 

The second time, we got pregnant too early after the first, and all the recommendations said it would have to be a c-section because the uterus wouldn't have been fully healed. Still, the OBGYN walked us through all of the reasons for this, and said we could try for the normal way. We declined, because of the risk and same skeletal structure - and good thing, because this baby was even bigger. 

My wife wishes it could have gone differently, but realizes life dictates some things that we can't control. We can control our responses though, and a c-section is an appropriate and prudent response to many situations. I see it similar to formula vs breastfeeding. Yes, breastfeeding is preferable, for a plethora of reasons. But some times it is just not possible, no matter how strong the desire is to do it. For those mothers, formula is a miracle.

Yeah, and my Great Grandfather had four wives, three of whom died in childbirth. I had one daughter born with huge bruises on her head from suction cups and forceps, and one who was breech, and born via C-section.  They both lived.

Not trying to be snarky, just pointing out that "The Best Way" isn't always the best way.

Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter)
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
10/8/21 10:00 a.m.
mtn said:
volvoclearinghouse said:

This x100 my wife had four, and she would have likely died during childbirth if not for modern medicine. 

Because meme thread.

1 ... 697 698 699 700 701 ... 1746

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ruZr1A0tlF7XkKi9MmcqPT4lFfNf0dLsD2OOAQ4liI3j4e5TIennNspXw2pgiuLk