1 ... 707 708 709 710 711 ... 1746
KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltimaDork
10/12/21 9:23 p.m.
DarkMonohue said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Also, an Endura bumpered Corvette cannot do a burnout.

Pete, I'm not certain they're all still stock after all these years. There's a black one around the corner, sitting way too high on massive chrome American Racing daisies and generic 50-series RWL radials.  It is festooned with red spray-painted brake calipers, grill, chin spoiler, etc., and every manner of R Racing, black widow, and Tasmanian Devil decal that AutoZone ever carried.  And every time he lights it off, it sounds like they're holding the Winternationals two blocks away.  I wouldn't try it on.

Dude in a certain autocross region just north of me drives an ooooold C-2 vette that registered 130+ dB at 100'.  I'm not even sure how that's possible, and it HAD mufflers cool

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
10/12/21 9:31 p.m.

Guy I was stationed with bought a ratty ass C3, proceeded to spend every single dime he had made from two deployments on it (SrA and SSgt,) then while on terminal leave he went AWOL and got found out.  Had to sell the stupid thing for less than half what he initially paid for it (not what he put into it) in order to finance a redeye flight home.

He is who I think of when I see those dumb things.

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) PowerDork
10/12/21 9:32 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
ShawnG said:

^ Fake news.

He's not wearing a corvette jacket, corvette hat, hot august nights white t-shirt or gold chain.

He also has all his hair and his car doesn't have the vanity plate that says "Vette"

Also, an Endura bumpered Corvette cannot do a burnout.

Nah. Y'all are forgetting a few things. The guy with the jacket and the vanity plate would absolutely care. And likely make up some excuse why his car was slow. And would surely never even attempt a burnout is such a valuable classic. 
Derrick from VGG did some pretty rad burnouts in his yellow C3, though admittedly it did have a blower to help. 

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
10/12/21 10:08 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

In reply to DarkMonohue :

Every one I have driven had a wheezer low compression engine with a cam that tried very hard to not accidentally lift the valves too much.

Some even had whitewall tires.

SWMBO had one of those, no whitewalls, but a truly crappy car.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/12/21 10:13 p.m.

thashane
thashane GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/12/21 11:21 p.m.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
10/13/21 5:25 a.m.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
10/13/21 6:13 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
10/13/21 7:07 a.m.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit UltraDork
10/13/21 7:16 a.m.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
10/13/21 8:28 a.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

That's what separates pros from amateurs. After 9/11 we shuttled firemen and cops from lots outside Manhattan into WTC. 24/7 people were on West St with signs waving at us. After dark women would be out drinking, and flashing the buses as we went by. We were able to look without slowing or hitting each other. I watched pairs of motorcycle cops get distracted and almost take each other out an embarrassing number of times. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
10/13/21 9:45 a.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
10/13/21 9:45 a.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/13/21 10:03 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

Ha, I almost posted that too.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/13/21 10:19 a.m.
NickD said:

...I found my Halloween costume.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/13/21 11:19 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

There's a long graphic novel series called Saga where some of the characters are TV heads:

I would like a tv head head skin like this: FortNiteBR

Saga (comics) - Wikipedia

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/13/21 11:19 a.m.

May be an image of text that says 'look what they took from us... MoDonald'e McDonald's ig: girlteencare @girlteencare McDonalds went from happy kid to depressed adult like the rest of us'

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/13/21 11:47 a.m.

May be an image of 1 person, fire and text that says 'When you know what you're about to say is gonna cause a E36 M3 storm, but you say it anyway'

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/13/21 12:13 p.m.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
10/13/21 12:30 p.m.

May be a meme of one or more people and text that says 'When you read a old conversation and realize how weird you actually are'

Furious_E (Forum Supporter)
Furious_E (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/13/21 1:20 p.m.

May be an image of text that says 'BILL WATERSON: "It's called Calvin and Hobbes. It's the story of a mischievous young boy who's best friend is an imaginary tiger who joins him on a series of adventures and..." AMERICA: "PISS!!! Make him piss!!! Make him piss all over my truck!!!"'

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
10/13/21 3:51 p.m.

Post image

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
10/13/21 3:59 p.m.

May be a cartoon of one or more people and text that says 'What if 1 told you that beyond the bullE36 M3 you know about, there's lke other worse bullshít?'

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/13/21 4:35 p.m.

May be an image of 1 person, standing and text that says 'WHOOPS!!!! WRONG SWEATER'

Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/13/21 4:40 p.m.

Predicting the future since 1966.

1 ... 707 708 709 710 711 ... 1746

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1rBOXvobxnzcWx3PUFOLZSKPN4CX1tp6DDR9X1jFZVqh1Ym0vT2X4yIwHp3wQdKI