Duke MegaDork
1/7/22 3:52 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

See also:  GRAPE

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/7/22 4:08 p.m.
volvoclearinghouse said:

Not only can I smell that picture I can hear it.  I worked at a Buick dealership when they came out and drove a brand new one, right off the trailer with most of the plastics still in it.

Weird car but really cool.  It had GM's crappy build quality of the time and the grandma interior of the regular Regal. It was gutless off the line but about a car length out of the hole you could hear and feel the boost come up and it would break the rear tires loose.  It'd spin the tires for about 30 feet and pull hard to the one two shift where it would spin the tires again and would occasionally chirp them on the two three shift.

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
1/7/22 4:17 p.m.
slefain said:

How to spot a GRMer using Google Maps:

Is that Stampie's place?

Cooter
Cooter PowerDork
1/7/22 4:22 p.m.

May be an image of text that says 'Make your friends think you're off on holiday'

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/7/22 4:42 p.m.
SV reX said:
Recon1342 said:

In reply to Ian F (Forum Supporter) :

Yes, yes it does. 

Much like performing CPR is to be done to the tune of "Another One Bites the Dust".

(Which, by the way, is absolutely the correct pace for chest compressions...)

Yeah, but "Stayin Alive" is also the right pace...

Stayin Alive is the right pace for other things too.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/7/22 4:46 p.m.

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
1/7/22 4:55 p.m.
Duke said:

May be an image of book and text that says 'Why did Scholastic book fairs have to stop? Like can'tI show up to work one day, and the boss be like, "If everyone works hard today, we will go to the book fair from 12:30-1:00." MOd Gifts @90sKidz90s E'

What do you think the tool truck is?

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/7/22 5:59 p.m.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
1/7/22 6:03 p.m.
ProDarwin said:
Appleseed said:

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

They shimmed the worn out bearings with a chunk of belt leather. I hated that dreary,  unfulfilling book with a passion.  But I remember being thoroughly engrossed in that roadside repair.

You can go way down a rabbit hole on youtube.  I was watching one where they replace the clutch in a heavy duty tuck on the side of the road.  Limited tools.  The guys get the transmission out... the clutch is gone.  They start the engine and with it running someone is laying under the truck using a rock to resurface the flywheel.  They get it all back together with a new (or used, I can't remember) clutch and are on their way.  

edit:

You see the kinks/wraps in that steel rope that they used to get the transmission down?  They've done this before.

RichardNZ
RichardNZ GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/7/22 6:17 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
volvoclearinghouse said:

YUUUUP.

"Why do Australian men like women in a leather skirt?"
"Because they smell like a new Ute"

NZ men are a little more classy ...

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/7/22 6:51 p.m.
ShawnG said:
Duke said:

May be an image of book and text that says 'Why did Scholastic book fairs have to stop? Like can'tI show up to work one day, and the boss be like, "If everyone works hard today, we will go to the book fair from 12:30-1:00." MOd Gifts @90sKidz90s E'

What do you think the tool truck is?

Drug dealer.

daeman
daeman SuperDork
1/7/22 7:49 p.m.

In reply to RichardNZ :

Oi mate! hahaha.

To be fair it should probably  be a vinyl skirt. 

Edit for meme:

johndej
johndej Dork
1/7/22 7:49 p.m.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/7/22 9:02 p.m.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/7/22 9:13 p.m.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
1/7/22 9:16 p.m.

thashane
thashane GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/7/22 10:51 p.m.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
1/8/22 7:34 a.m.

Raptor - If you race self driving vehicles Would they be turing cars?

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/8/22 9:15 a.m.
APEowner said:
volvoclearinghouse said:

Not only can I smell that picture I can hear it.  I worked at a Buick dealership when they came out and drove a brand new one, right off the trailer with most of the plastics still in it.

Weird car but really cool.  It had GM's crappy build quality of the time and the grandma interior of the regular Regal. It was gutless off the line but about a car length out of the hole you could hear and feel the boost come up and it would break the rear tires loose.  It'd spin the tires for about 30 feet and pull hard to the one two shift where it would spin the tires again and would occasionally chirp them on the two three shift.

An old coworker of mine talked about working at a GM dealership when these came out and not really knowing anything about them. He came in one day, and a customer had brought a new one in with some sort of complaint that required a test drive. He said he was hungover, so he really wasn't paying attention to the hood bulge or anything, just assuming it was a regular Regal in black paint. He went to pull out of the driveway, and thought he had enough room, but the approaching car was moving faster than expected, so he stood on the gas, again expecting it to be a regular Regal with a 3.8L. Instead he instantly found himself in a cloud of tire smoke facing into oncoming traffic wondering what the hell just happened. He got the car turned around the right way, drove more sedately and pulled back into the dealership and popped the hood.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/8/22 9:57 a.m.
johndej said:

Bonus irony points for the grammatical error.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/8/22 10:02 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

Only the ones who point that out will progress to the next level of courting.

1 ... 806 807 808 809 810 ... 1734

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
l477IchCs9tsXaeBie43KBQYbVGWnhXZdqrFkFDxoP9oJOdf4gJGyHshkekIpfpO