1 ... 810 811 812 813 814 ... 1735
Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
1/11/22 10:09 a.m.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
1/11/22 10:10 a.m.

May be an image of text that says 'when you're full then someone brings out a cake'

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/11/22 10:14 a.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/11/22 2:12 p.m.

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'To prepare for his role in 'Matrix 4' (2021) as older Neo. Keanu Reeves spent almost two decades aging, proving his remarkable dedication to the craft.'

NickD
NickD MegaDork
1/11/22 2:18 p.m.
Duke said:

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'To prepare for his role in 'Matrix 4' (2021) as older Neo. Keanu Reeves spent almost two decades aging, proving his remarkable dedication to the craft.'

Too bad Lana Wachowski spent those two decades dulling her writing skills with such bombs as Ninja Assassin, Cloud Atlas, and Jupiter Ascending, defiling the Matrix franchise with a pointless sequel

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/22 2:20 p.m.

May be an image of indoor and text that says 'Mom: "Leave the damn sign in the kitchen where it belongs!" Dad: YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE lickthe Bowl'

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
1/11/22 2:28 p.m.
ProDarwin said:

This reminds me of the best science fair project I saw back when I was teaching. 5th grade kid decided to test the role of each ingredient in a cookie recipe (think it was chocolate chip). He did one control batch exactly to the recipe. Then a series of others where he left out one ingredient and compared it to the control.

I thought it was the perfect science fair project for a 5th grade kid. Clearly based on an idea he had of a real question he wondered about ('What does all this stuff do?'). Something he clearly did all the work on himself. Managed to perfectly demonstrate the Scientific Method and to show how it is applicable and useful to daily life.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
1/11/22 2:37 p.m.
NickD said:

defiling the Matrix franchise with a third pointless sequel

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/11/22 2:49 p.m.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/22 2:51 p.m.
NickD said:
Duke said:

Too bad Lana Wachowski spent those two decades dulling her writing skills with such bombs as Ninja Assassin, Cloud Atlas, and Jupiter Ascending, defiling the Matrix franchise with a pointless sequel

I really liked it.  It was a good sendup of sequelitis while also continuing the nature of choice vs. free will.  A lot of my popcorn-throwing at things in the trailers was placated by things in the movie (why new-Morpheus would get angry instead of staying serene as a Hindu cow, for example)

The fight scenes were stupid, but I don't like the movies for those.

"MISTER ANDERSON! I've missed you!"

"About four times so far, yeah"

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/22 2:55 p.m.
Beer Baron said:
ProDarwin said:

This reminds me of the best science fair project I saw back when I was teaching. 5th grade kid decided to test the role of each ingredient in a cookie recipe (think it was chocolate chip). He did one control batch exactly to the recipe. Then a series of others where he left out one ingredient and compared it to the control.

I thought it was the perfect science fair project for a 5th grade kid. Clearly based on an idea he had of a real question he wondered about ('What does all this stuff do?'). Something he clearly did all the work on himself. Managed to perfectly demonstrate the Scientific Method and to show how it is applicable and useful to daily life.

I was in some freethinking class in the 5th and 6th grade where we would work through interesting thought problems.  One was, sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies and oatmeal cookies have wildly different ingredient proportions, puzzle out why and then make a batch of sugar-oatmeal-chip cookies to test your hypotheses.

My cookies were awesome.  I think I just averaged the ingredients and made some small adjustments to the flour due to the oatmeal content.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/22 2:56 p.m.
Beer Baron said:
ProDarwin said:

Plus, tasty. Smart kid. I did one where I built a bunch of perpetual motion machines out of LEGO and my co-experimenters had to explain the physics about why they couldn't work. I had a good time. But I didn't get cookies.

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
1/11/22 3:04 p.m.

There. Fixed it for ya. 

deleted due to inappropriate content starting insulting behavior. 

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/22 3:27 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
1/11/22 3:28 p.m.
Stefan (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to 03Panther :

johndej
johndej Dork
1/11/22 3:39 p.m.

bentwrench
bentwrench SuperDork
1/11/22 3:55 p.m.
Stefan (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to 03Panther :

Ready for battle? With a 20year old vacuum as a second?

Gonna be a short battle.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
1/11/22 4:48 p.m.

Putting up a mask related meme.....

Bad Idea Jeans - Tranceam.org

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
1/11/22 4:58 p.m.

In reply to Stefan (Forum Supporter) :

Once again, too self centered  to know what I said, so hiding behind a keyboard spreading lies. I wear a sneeze guard, whenever I'm near other people. An n95 is a sneeze guard. Unless Omni is 1000 times larger than others. (Don't know the exact number; look it up if ya want) 

For the record, I have never once, on this forum or any other, made fun of anyone wearing a mask. I have questioned some of the reasons. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/11/22 4:58 p.m.

Can yall please stop with the bickering and potshots? I come here for peace and good E36 M3, not more drama, trauma, and berkeleyery.

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
1/11/22 4:59 p.m.

In reply to bentwrench :

smiley I missed the old vacume! Cute. 

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
1/11/22 5:00 p.m.
aircooled said:

Putting up a mask related meme.....

Bad Idea Jeans - Tranceam.org

I like that one!

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
1/11/22 5:05 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Can yall please stop with the bickering and potshots? I come here for peace and good E36 M3, not more drama, trauma, and berkeleyery.

Your right. I tried to use bad humor to counter bad humor, and he got his panties in a bunch, and started with insults. I tend to forget some are like that. I'll retract what I can. 

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
1/11/22 5:08 p.m.

Sorry

Not really

Duke
Duke MegaDork
1/11/22 5:13 p.m.

May be an image of text that says 'Hope that battery lasts all the way home'

Remember when people posted pictures with funny words attached?

1 ... 810 811 812 813 814 ... 1735

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JFqhRbRGlBuPrY4CgpXRwe3tsE2MxRiYzRoG3Icf3S3YVuPFWCeEkdV83Dx2o1NK