Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/4/22 12:58 p.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/4/22 1:14 p.m.

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/4/22 1:49 p.m.
93EXCivic said:Man the last two episodes have been kind of annoying. I want them to get back to Boba Fett and less Mando.

Dude, Nando and Grogu are all that's saving the show right now.  Episode list to date:

1. Great start escaping from the Sarlac and meeting up with the Tuskan Raiders
  2. Epic show
  3. Truly, truly crap show.  If it was the first episode I'd never have gone back
  4. Slightly better, but at the point of throwing in the towel.
  5. Mandelorian Season 2.5 episode 1.  Nando rolls into town to save the show.
  6. Mandelorian Season 2.5 episode 2.  Another great show giving us the strength to brace for the last (second to last?) episode next week 
  7. The clincher, can Boba Fett survive without Nando and Grogu to prop up the weak and ailing plot?

More seriously, I love the back story about his time with the Tuskan Raiders more than the main plot so far.  This isn't a patch on the Mandalorian.

EDIT. Sorry, forgot a pic.  fixed now.

2/4/22 1:51 p.m.

Anyone watching Peacemaker on HBO?  James Gunn in knocking it out the ball park on this one.  Absolutely hilarious every moment of every show.  If you are easily offended, don't like swearing or violence, and can't laugh at both sides of the culture and PC debate DO NOT WATCH!  Yes, it's that good.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
2/4/22 3:17 p.m.

Control Group

Greg Smith (Forum Supporter)
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) Dork
2/4/22 3:25 p.m.
KyAllroad said:

NOBODY expects those items!

NickD
NickD MegaDork
2/4/22 3:30 p.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
2/4/22 3:39 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) said:
93EXCivic said:Man the last two episodes have been kind of annoying. I want them to get back to Boba Fett and less Mando.

Dude, Nando and Grogu are all that's saving the show right now.  Episode list to date:

1. Great start escaping from the Sarlac and meeting up with the Tuskan Raiders
  2. Epic show
  3. Truly, truly crap show.  If it was the first episode I'd never have gone back
  4. Slightly better, but at the point of throwing in the towel.
  5. Mandelorian Season 2.5 episode 1.  Nando rolls into town to save the show.
  6. Mandelorian Season 2.5 episode 2.  Another great show giving us the strength to brace for the last (second to last?) episode next week 
  7. The clincher, can Boba Fett survive without Nando and Grogu to prop up the weak and ailing plot?

More seriously, I love the back story about his time with the Tuskan Raiders more than the main plot so far.  This isn't a patch on the Mandalorian.

EDIT. Sorry, forgot a pic.  fixed now.

The problem with Boba Fett is that Mando exists. Think of what we knew about Boba Fett from the little he appeared in the movies: wore cool armor, never showed his face, talked very little, was a badass bounty hunter. When they created Mando, they took all those character traits and moved them over to him. Well, now they go to make a Boba Fett series, they have to change him because you can't have two functionally identical characters. Now people are mad because he isn't the Boba Fett they knew. They probably could have pulled it off, if they made "new" Boba Fett a compelling character but he's just kind of a boring old man who sits around to and has no clue what he's doing.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
2/4/22 4:14 p.m.

2/4/22 4:15 p.m.
NickD said:

The problem with Boba Fett is that Mando exists. Think of what we knew about Boba Fett from the little he appeared in the movies: wore cool armor, never showed his face, talked very little, was a badass bounty hunter. When they created Mando, they took all those character traits and moved them over to him. Well, now they go to make a Boba Fett series, they have to change him because you can't have two functionally identical characters. Now people are mad because he isn't the Boba Fett they knew. They probably could have pulled it off, if they made "new" Boba Fett a compelling character but he's just kind of a boring old man who sits around to and has no clue what he's doing.

I get what your saying, but disagree.

Boba Fett in the original movies was the Kimi Raikonen of the Star Wars universe.  It makes sense that others of his kind have the same traits, silent, let the actions speak, keep covered etc.  My problem with the book of Boba Fett is simply poor writing and story lines.  I love the back story with the Raiders, so well done.  I liked the first two episodes, but ep 3 and 4 were just bad.  No problem with him retiring, taking off the armor, showing his face and talking.  I like it.  I like the idea of 'I'm not working for peanuts for people who don't care if I live or die anymore, it's time to make my own way.  Great premise, poor execution.

First google image result for poor execution:

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Dork
2/4/22 5:11 p.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
2/4/22 7:00 p.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
2/4/22 7:29 p.m.

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
2/4/22 7:31 p.m.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/4/22 8:09 p.m.
Duke said:

While I've known that Tool song since it was a new release, seeing the lyrics written out like that... damn... that is pretty much the end of my relationship with my ex... 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
2/4/22 8:23 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) said:

Anyone watching Peacemaker on HBO?  James Gunn in knocking it out the ball park on this one.  Absolutely hilarious every moment of every show.  If you are easily offended, don't like swearing or violence, and can't laugh at both sides of the culture and PC debate DO NOT WATCH!  Yes, it's that good.

I'm lovin it.

johndej
johndej Dork
2/4/22 9:58 p.m.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/4/22 10:17 p.m.

May be a cartoon of text that says 'SinanARIK inan That's not a windmill! Rapunzel is listening to VTLO death metal...'

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
2/4/22 11:27 p.m.
Ian F (Forum Supporter) said:

May be a cartoon of text that says 'SinanARIK inan That's not a windmill! Rapunzel is listening to VTLO death metal...'

Make sure you unmute.  That is if posting this works.  If it doesn't click this https://i.imgur.com/oqjVJFh.mp4

Wally (Forum Supporter)
2/5/22 3:32 a.m.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
2/5/22 3:32 a.m.

Wally (Forum Supporter)
2/5/22 3:33 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/5/22 8:40 a.m.