1 ... 848 849 850 851 852 ... 1736
Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/7/22 6:59 p.m.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/7/22 7:06 p.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

I don't know about the AE86, but I am pretty sure the Miata has about 1350ft-lb in First gear, 354 in 5th.  Unless the drill has a gear reduction too smiley

And if that drill really does have that kind of torque, where are the handles for it?  Or is this one of those "max torque at zero RPM!!!1" things where after it actually starts moving, torque drops like a rock?  When I torque a nut to 350ft-lb I use two hands on a 4' long cheater bar, with a similarly long bar bolted to the flywheel that I brace against my belly...

GCrites80s
GCrites80s Dork
2/7/22 7:19 p.m.
j_tso said:

I remember when everything at McD's was prewrapped on a shelf behind the cashier so they could just grab it and put it on a tray. You know, "fast food".

Now it's assembled "fresh". It's still garbage but now I gotta wait for it.

That was when people didn't ask for nearly as many special orders. People would even get cranky sometimes when you got a special order. Nowadays almost every order adds or subtracts something. Part of that has to do with the fact the number of ingredients has gone way up.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
2/7/22 7:23 p.m.

In reply to GCrites80s :

It's Burger King's fault - they encouraged people to order it "their way" back in 1974.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/7/22 7:31 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

is this one of those "max torque at zero RPM!!!1" things where after it actually starts moving, torque drops like a rock?

yes, ish.  At 10 rpm that's 0.6hp which seems feasible.  20 is 1.2hp... so maybe it could do that peak output for a short burst?

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/7/22 7:40 p.m.

I don't write them. I steal them. It's a joke thread. Don't take it so seriously. 

laugh

bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter)
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/7/22 7:46 p.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

I was delivering them when the axe came down. We used to call them loads of fluff.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
2/7/22 8:28 p.m.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
2/7/22 8:29 p.m.

GCrites80s
GCrites80s Dork
2/7/22 8:35 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

In reply to Toyman! :

I don't know about the AE86, but I am pretty sure the Miata has about 1350ft-lb in First gear, 354 in 5th.  Unless the drill has a gear reduction too smiley

And that's before you get into the torque multiplication aspects of torque converters.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/7/22 9:02 p.m.
GCrites80s said:

And that's before you get into the torque multiplication aspects of torque converters.

If either a Miata or an AE86 has a torque converter, the damn thing better be in the trunk and on the way to the dump.

And here's an unrelated meme. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/7/22 9:11 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

In reply to Toyman! :

And if that drill really does have that kind of torque, where are the handles for it?  Or is this one of those "max torque at zero RPM!!!1" things where after it actually starts moving, torque drops like a rock?  When I torque a nut to 350ft-lb I use two hands on a 4' long cheater bar, with a similarly long bar bolted to the flywheel that I brace against my belly...

All electric motor develope maximum torque at zero rpm. The curve thereafter is different for different motors.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
2/7/22 10:10 p.m.

TOO MUCH TALKY TALK! NOT ENOUGH PICTURES WITH WORDS!

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
2/7/22 10:21 p.m.
GCrites80s said:
j_tso said:

I remember when everything at McD's was prewrapped on a shelf behind the cashier so they could just grab it and put it on a tray. You know, "fast food".

That was when people didn't ask for nearly as many special orders. People would even get cranky sometimes when you got a special order. Nowadays almost every order adds or subtracts something. Part of that has to do with the fact the number of ingredients has gone way up.

And the other part of it is that there seem to be far more entitled shiny happy people who feel that by virtue of them paying $4.99 for a sandwich they deserve to have said sandwich _exactly_ the way they want it, and get super pissy if the minimum wager working hour 11 of a 13 hour shift on the other side of the formica berkeleys it up.

Not to mention the stunningly higher amounts of "allergies" everyone seems to have nowadays...possibly caused by decades of ingesting garbage masquerading as "food".  

EXCUSE ME HE ASKED FOR NO PICKLES Coat Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Smile Vehicle registration plate Toy Automotive design Customer Personal luxury car Suit Tie

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
2/7/22 10:25 p.m.

Hut BURCER KING KFC eat fresh. Muscle Neck Beard Elbow Tattoo Chest Trunk Barechested Cap Eyewear Temporary tattoo Baseball cap Abdomen Thigh

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/7/22 10:38 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

TOO MUCH TALKY TALK! NOT ENOUGH PICTURES WITH WORDS!

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
2/7/22 10:42 p.m.
volvoclearinghouse said:

Hut BURCER KING KFC eat fresh. Muscle Neck Beard Elbow Tattoo Chest Trunk Barechested Cap Eyewear Temporary tattoo Baseball cap Abdomen Thigh

Axl, is that you?

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/7/22 10:57 p.m.

Okay, food theme, huh?

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/7/22 10:58 p.m.

And, expanding the definition of "food".

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/7/22 11:35 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/8/22 12:38 a.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
2/8/22 9:23 a.m.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/8/22 9:31 a.m.
GCrites80s said:
j_tso said:

There were also like three items on the menu.

They also threw away a lot of pre-made food at the end of the day.  I remember, as a little kid during the foam clamshell era, one of my aunts complaining that they were not allowed to donate all that food to a homeless shelter or something.

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) Dork
2/8/22 9:33 a.m.
DarkMonohue said:
GCrites80s said:

If either a Miata or an AE86 has a torque converter, the damn thing better be in the trunk and on the way to the dump.

And here's an unrelated meme. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/8/22 9:51 a.m.

1 ... 848 849 850 851 852 ... 1736

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
B3kFHKuIkak1Nwag0wYkjZqfIHefHBnyf1ZJ9W8elbeXR63OxY02vF0A1061EtY6