1 ... 874 875 876 877 878 ... 1729
Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/1/22 5:18 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

From my experience with a younger Lil Stampie it doesn't go well.  Actually that depends on your goals.  If you think both of you running from a matchbox car doing corkscrews about 5 feet in the air is good then go for it. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/1/22 5:30 p.m.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/1/22 5:30 p.m.
Karacticus said:
Keith Tanner said:
bobzilla said:

May be an image of text that says 'Eagan @zeagan As a childless adult it is my duty to embrace hobbies and pastimes that my peers cannot, as they have sacrificed their free time to maintain the population. I must vibe and chill, and do fun things, in their honour. 17:42・ 14.02.22 Twitter for iPhone'

This is why I like being an uncle. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to fit a small rocket motor in a pinewood derby car.

Why small?

Stealth. I want it to trigger on wheel movement, maybe with a safety switch on the bottom so it's not armed until it's straddling the rail. And of course, it has to finish the course. It won't take much.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
3/1/22 5:35 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
NickD said:

Irritated about the misspelling but I didn't make it. *Meanwhile.

This was a missed plot point in 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I think that was covered in 2010, but it has been a long time since I saw that movie.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
3/1/22 8:49 p.m.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/1/22 8:58 p.m.
NickD said:

frenchyd?

johndej
johndej Dork
3/1/22 9:09 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/1/22 10:12 p.m.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/1/22 10:38 p.m.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/1/22 11:29 p.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

This is where the TSA agent says "OK, wait here for an hour while I get my supervisor"...

The TSA regs are fun. You can't bring on more than a small amount of jam, but there is no limit on pies. Maple syrup is called out specifically, sorry Canadians. Creamy cheese is limited, but solid cheese and a cheese grater is okay. Lock picks are ok.

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/all 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/2/22 12:46 a.m.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
3/2/22 1:02 a.m.

Peanut butter is also a liquid according to the TSA.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/2/22 7:02 a.m.

In reply to mtn :

I still do that with the peanut butter, however many decades after that comic came out.

Meme unrelated:

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/2/22 7:09 a.m.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/2/22 7:44 a.m.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/2/22 8:19 a.m.

mapper
mapper HalfDork
3/2/22 8:20 a.m.

Was this universal or just some moms?

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/2/22 8:29 a.m.
Keith Tanner said:

This is where the TSA agent says "OK, wait here for an hour while I get my supervisor"...

And this is why all government employees suck and citizens should be allowed to shoot one per year when they abuse their power.

Don't Tase Me, Bro!" Jolts the Web | WIRED 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/2/22 9:08 a.m.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
3/2/22 9:09 a.m.

​​​​​​

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
3/2/22 9:10 a.m.
Duke said:

Its the 21st century.  You don't have to march across Poland.  You can fly over it, or just take a train through it.

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/2/22 9:25 a.m.
Toyman! said:
Keith Tanner said:

And this is why all government employees suck and citizens should be allowed to shoot one per year when they abuse their power.

Don't Tase Me, Bro!" Jolts the Web | WIRED 

So calling someone out for purposefully trying to break a law and making them wait until it proves itself (water changes state to liquid) is somehow bad or government overreach?  This is exactly what they should be doing, not something that some shiny happy person should be allowed to whine like an entitled baby over, let alone shoot someone for doing their job for.  Your view is really a good argument for restricting the #2nd amendment actually, and that from a gun owner.

mapper
mapper HalfDork
3/2/22 9:27 a.m.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
3/2/22 9:47 a.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) :

The TSA is bad, even by their own measures and audits. They suck at their job, fail a majority of their effectiveness tests, and this has been well documented by government testing. They serve no purpose other than security theater, and should be removed to save taxpayer money for bigger politician bonuses. They are the meteorologists of security, always wrong but somehow always employed. 

Just because something is "law" doesn't make it right, just, good, or useful. 

Meme unrelated

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
3/2/22 10:00 a.m.
mapper said:

Me, Rochester, NY, the mid seventies.

1 ... 874 875 876 877 878 ... 1729

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RcvWd87ZMo0uACzR1V9EwsYFjEYvGXYUKWErmDTGF7acBzZx5dVBiFM2jpYaCd0I