1 ... 940 941 942 943 944 ... 1744
volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
5/10/22 7:57 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:
Steve_Jones said:

In reply to Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) :

If you see that as political, that's on you. Some of us don't define everything by politics. 

It has been clearly defined on here that anything with a politician is inherently a political meme.  If you don't get that, you're a goober.

Sadly, this is true. There was a bunch of memes last year containing Bernie Sanders and a chair, which had nothing to do with his politics, but they were deemed "political" because he's a politician. 

So, dems da rulez. 

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/10/22 8:04 p.m.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
5/10/22 8:20 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:
Steve_Jones said:

If you see that as political, that's on you. Some of us don't define everything by politics. 

It has been clearly defined on here that anything with a politician is inherently a political meme.  If you don't get that, you're a goober.

Edited it, now it's just random man. Still funny

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
5/10/22 8:31 p.m.
Steve_Jones said:
Mr_Asa said:
Steve_Jones said:

Edited it, now it's just random man. Still funny

You're a goober.

Toyman!
5/10/22 8:34 p.m.

In reply to Steve_Jones :

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/10/22 8:40 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Steve must have left the islands.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
5/10/22 8:50 p.m.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/10/22 9:03 p.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
5/10/22 9:36 p.m.

Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
5/10/22 11:25 p.m.

RichardNZ
RichardNZ GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/11/22 5:01 a.m.

Well, one of them is right but which one??

That flat earth one is wrong.

The sun isn't a fixed lamp it's a rotating ball, and when the dark side of the sun is facing us it's night-time. As it rotates over the disc world, the days begin and end as it shines across the countries.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
5/11/22 6:59 a.m.

Whoa, whoa, the tranny meme was mine.  

Apologies to GRM family and friends, I saw it as humorous perhaps without taste; but not political.  Joe Biden identifying Baltimore?

I won't ask for a moral audit of the last 900+ pages, but I will be more selective.

Dan

Toyman!
5/11/22 7:36 a.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

Got to be careful of the sensitive people now. Think of their feelings. 

Luckily we can still tell fat jokes. 

Am I fat? : r/memes

NickD
NickD MegaDork
5/11/22 7:51 a.m.

Toyman!
5/11/22 8:13 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

This came out of my Silverado, the second time the transmission failed.

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/11/22 8:50 a.m.
volvoclearinghouse said:
Mr_Asa said:
Steve_Jones said:

Sadly, this is true. There was a bunch of memes last year containing Bernie Sanders and a chair, which had nothing to do with his politics, but they were deemed "political" because he's a politician. 

So, dems da rulez. 

Bernie memes were Bernie meme's, this was inherently political in it's message.  It shows the sitting president, making comments about how bad things are while people are blaming him for the economy (Side note, presidents of both parties get both too much credit, and too much blame for the state of the economy) and implying that he doesn't know where he is, playing into another current bashing topic used by many.  There's no way anyone can pretend it's not conveying a political message.  The following is basically the same joke, but in a non political way.  I chose this version as it pokes fun at Detroit, which I am often on here defending.

Coach had put together the perfect team for the Detroit Lions. The only thing he was missing was a good quarterback. He had scouted all the colleges, and even the high schools, but he couldn't find a ringer quarterback who could ensure a Super Bowl win.

One night, while watching CNN, he saw a war-zone scene in Afghanistan. In one corner of the background, he spotted a young Northern Alliance soldier with a truly incredible arm. He threw a hand grenade straight into a multi-story window 200 yards away, ka-boom! He threw another hand grenade into a group of 10 soldiers 100 yards away, ka-blooey! Then a car passed, going 90 mph, bulls-eye!

"I've got to get this guy!" Coach said to himself. "He has the perfect arm!" So, he brings him to the States and teaches him the great game of football, and the Lions go on to win the Super Bowl for the first time in history.

The young Afghan is hailed as the Great Hero of football, and when Coach asks him what he wants, all the young man wants to do is to call his mother. "Mom," he says into the phone, "I just won the Super Bowl."

"I don't want to talk to you," the old woman says. "You deserted us. You are not my son."

"I don't think you understand, Mother!" the young man pleads. "I just won the greatest sporting event in the world. I'm here among thousands of my adoring fans."

"No, let me tell you," his mother retorts. "At this very moment, there are gunshots all around us. The neighborhood is a pile of rubble. Your two brothers were beaten within an inch of their lives last week"

The old lady pauses, and then tearfully says, "I'll never forgive you for making us move to Detroit

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
5/11/22 9:11 a.m.

It could have been taken that way.  But when I saw it, I inserted a random person, or politician, in it, and the funny still worked.  But then, I don't define myself by my political party, or get my socks in a bunch because someone makes fun of my "team".  I guess that's partly attributable to growing up in western NY as a Buffalo Bills fan.  Still, like I said, the die was cast: no politicians in memes, period.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/34/5b/5b/345b5b1cd73ae072e901e16f05503c44.jpg

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/11/22 9:15 a.m.

It doesn't matter what each of us as individuals thinks about political content.

What matters is what the forum owners think.  And the forum owners have decreed that there is a zero tolerance policy on 'political' content, and for the purposes of this thread, that includes pictures of politicians.

It's really not that hard to understand unless you feel like being a tool about it.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
5/11/22 9:21 a.m.

I have a funny "Detroit" story.

A friend used to teach English in Chile. One day, the teachers were tasked to teach a lesson to the class about something in America they were very passionate about. A gal he was teaching with decided to give her lesson on Detroit, since that's where she was from.

So this cute gal in her early 20's gets up in front of a bunch of Chilean men of various ages and proceeds to give her presentation...

"Okay everyone, I want to tell you all about DETROIT!"
::Class giggles::
"Detroit is really wonderful."
::Snickering::
"What? Do you have something against Detroit?"
::Class is laughing::
"I really love Detroit!"
::Class can't contain themselves anymore::

One of the guys in the class then proceeds to inform her that 'Detroit' is a slang word in Chile. 'Detras' means "rear" and is widely used euphemistically in Spanish in the same way we would. Derived from that, 'detroit' in Chilean slang specifically means "butt sex".

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
5/11/22 9:30 a.m.

All of what you wrote could be true, or it's just. joke about the place I live looking like a country that has been bombed for 3 months straight. Like I said, not everyone defines their life by politics, and/or feels the need to insert politics into random conversations. You read a lot into a meme.

Your joke is the same yes, but this is not the joke thread, it's the meme thread. If the mods find it offensive, they can remove it.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
5/11/22 9:57 a.m.

Well E36 M3.  If that's the viewpoint we are going with, as soon as I get home I'm gonna spend about an hour E36 M3posting non-political political memes.

If the mods want to remove them, they'll remove them.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
5/11/22 10:28 a.m.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
5/11/22 10:35 a.m.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
5/11/22 10:48 a.m.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
5/11/22 10:54 a.m.
Steve_Jones said:

Typical bullE36 M3.  "Oh, it was a joke! I don't know why you're taking it so seriously! Don't get all butthurt!"

Nah.  berkeley you, man.  You know what you were doing.  You know it wasn't a joke.  You know its against the rules.  You know you were in the wrong.  It has been explained to you time and again.

I guess it could be conceivable that you still don't get it, but from most of your other posts you don't seem to be mentally disabled, so I have a hard time seeing how you wouldn't see how you broke the rules.

I generally like seeing your posts as it is a viewpoint other than mine and helps me see things in another way, but when you enter this thread you just become a dick.

This isn't the place for this bullE36 M3.  You wanna post stuff like that, head on over to reddit or Facebook. 

1 ... 940 941 942 943 944 ... 1744

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qzJ37qkQ5af2T32stAyvQ5xRwwySm8tWcnZ2y80sIjqgXacQhlxbl2TQH3E9UQkV