1 ... 967 968 969 970 971 ... 1746
Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
6/6/22 7:01 p.m.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/6/22 7:11 p.m.
93EXCivic said:

My grandpa was also in the Aleutian islands for a lot of the war.

Was he a baseball player? 

My father-in-law was there when the Japanese did the mass suicide. Not something he would ever speak about.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/6/22 7:26 p.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) :

For most stations, the right side button second from the top beside the screen will mute the sound. It makes them much more reasonable. If I can't find a mute button, I don't go to that station anymore. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/6/22 8:38 p.m.
Toyman! said:

In reply to Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) :

For most stations, the right side button second from the top beside the screen will mute the sound. It makes them much more reasonable. If I can't find a mute button, I don't go to that station anymore. 

Good point, I should have added that information to my post. I mute it every time.

Thanks. 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
6/7/22 8:11 a.m.

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/7/22 8:43 a.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

DAmn, no idea, I"ll look for that next time I'm tricked!!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/7/22 9:32 a.m.

Either she was a scintillating conversationalist, or she was mindblowing in the sack, because there is no other reason any sane man ever would have chosen this horse over Diana Spencer.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
6/7/22 9:50 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

I'll take a plain woman who actually loves me and wants to be with me every time over a drop-dead gorgeous model who resents me and treats our relationship as an obligation and chore.

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
6/7/22 9:51 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) said:

Joking about gas prices aside.  Am I the only one who actively avoids gas stations with the freaking horrible TV screens sending ad's and 'news' to you?  When I find you've added GSTV or whatever its called, you've just earned yourself a place on Adrian's no buys list.  

Button mash when it comes on.  One of the 8 surrounding the screen mutes the audio.  I agree 100%, it is incredibly irritating and strikes me as some late stage capitalism or 1984-esque nightmare (we will yell advertisements at you 24/7 whether you like it or not).  

SpeedwayFan
SpeedwayFan New Reader
6/7/22 9:53 a.m.

Not a meme but the best gif I ever found

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
6/7/22 9:55 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) said:

Joking about gas prices aside.  Am I the only one who actively avoids gas stations with the freaking horrible TV screens sending ad's and 'news' to you?  When I find you've added GSTV or whatever its called, you've just earned yourself a place on Adrian's no buys list.  

I start the pump, sit back in driver's seat, enter mileage and price into fuelly.  By that time the pump is pretty much done, I enter the total gallons, put the pump back up and I'm on my way.  Even stations with TV I don't really look or listen for more than a couple of seconds :shrug:

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/7/22 10:01 a.m.

And here I am just putting duct tape on the speakers. The staff hate then far more than you do, but won't need to take the tape off till corporate complains. Help everyone. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/7/22 10:54 a.m.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
6/7/22 10:57 a.m.

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'If this isn't the end result of going out to Apple Bees with you don't bother inviting me'

slefain
slefain PowerDork
6/7/22 11:14 a.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
6/7/22 12:01 p.m.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
6/7/22 1:03 p.m.

David Elfering
David Elfering GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/7/22 6:29 p.m.

6/7/22 8:41 p.m.
NickD said:

Cubism was a thing in the 1910s and 20s. 
My dad went to art school on the GI bill after getting discharged in 47. He painted this in the early 80s.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/7/22 9:41 p.m.
NickD said:

The poster's name is in reference to this epic early video:

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/7/22 10:06 p.m.
NickD said:

Rumor has it that with the communism fight post WW2, the US govt feared that artists would have bad influences on ppl and started secretly bankrolling garbage modern art artists, since no one could tell what kind of influence the artist was attempting to subvert you with. And so now we have feces on canvas. 
This coming from a former art student who hated art history so take it with a grain of salt (or Google it) 

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/7/22 10:08 p.m.
Appleseed said:
NickD said:

The poster's name is in reference to this epic early video:

I measured it out one time and I believe they're doing about 112 mph. AWESOME video and I'm glad they didn't die. They were certainly tempting fate. 

Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
6/7/22 11:23 p.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

Your Dad shows amazing talent. That horse looks fast standing still. The feeling of motion is a hard thing to capture with paint and brush.

NickD
NickD MegaDork
6/8/22 6:52 a.m.

6/8/22 7:02 a.m.
Recon1342 said:

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

Your Dad shows amazing talent. That horse looks fast standing still. The feeling of motion is a hard thing to capture with paint and brush.

Here's a good example of portraying speed, followed by an obligatory meme, of course. 

1 ... 967 968 969 970 971 ... 1746

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
c5gRxS9qUQR2JkWoY87S1gWLjj7BKdmXlJSEGDofINPtQfev1ynUhYirHQ5NhMbN