aeronca65t
aeronca65t Dork
10/14/10 5:10 a.m.

The Times has ~an article~ about the microcar museum in GA. today. Sample photos from it below:

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
10/14/10 5:24 a.m.

Micro cars are cool, although that Fuldamobil sure does look like an old Samsonite suitcase!

rob_lewis
rob_lewis Dork
10/14/10 8:31 a.m.

I've never been, but I have taken his Virtual Tour many times.

http://microcarmuseum.com/virtualtour.html

-Rob

triumph7
triumph7 Reader
10/14/10 8:54 a.m.

They also have a very good collection of micro-cars at the Lane Motor Museum in Nashville. Best $5 I ever spent.

http://lanemotormuseum.org/

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/14/10 8:56 a.m.

I wonder if any of them would be roadlegal in the states?

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
10/14/10 9:19 a.m.

Thats the Double Bubble guy! Bruce something or other. He was a regular at Lamborghini of Atlanta, buying and trading exotics like they were Hot Wheels... I remember he went in one day, looking for a C6 Z06 for his 13 year old son to drive around their property where the Museum is. The owner of LoA convinced him to get a Lotus Exige S instead...

ZOOMX5
ZOOMX5 New Reader
10/14/10 9:48 a.m.

Yeah his name is Bruce Weiner. I went a few months ago to the museum. Not really my thing, but my wife loved it. I did find a few intersting cars, my favorite being the Messerschmitt.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/14/10 10:47 a.m.

I like the little mini-estate in army green in the background from the Messer

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/14/10 11:47 a.m.
mad_machine wrote: I wonder if any of them would be roadlegal in the states?

I can't think of a microcar that isn't road legal, assuming it's more than 25 years old. The Peel P50 might be the smallest, aside from those suitcase cars.

http://lanemotormuseum.org/peel-p50-1965

failboat
failboat New Reader
10/14/10 1:47 p.m.

I went to the lane motor musem when I was in TN last month, very cool!

They try and keep all the cars there in running, driveable condition and take them out at least once a year for a drive.

David S. Wallens
10/14/10 1:50 p.m.

Yeah, the Lane is cool. Last time I was there I got to go for a ride in the Davis.

failboat
failboat New Reader
10/14/10 1:55 p.m.

Actually that reminds me they had a video playing in the microcar section of them taking the Peel P50 out for a drive.

There was a part of a video where they showed it waiting at a stoplight, with an 18 wheeler behind it. Hilarious.

They had a few cool cars outside in the "garage" and not in the museum yet when I was there. A green Lotus Europa was parked in the back with some polished slot mags, and there was also a Honda Beat.

David S. Wallens
10/14/10 2:41 p.m.

Yeah, they kind of rotate things as they have more cars than the floor can hold. A bunch are packed into the basement, too. I need to get back there.

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
10/14/10 5:39 p.m.

I went tot the micro/mini car world meet about a month ago. Good times.

triumph7
triumph7 Reader
10/15/10 12:04 p.m.

Best Peel P50 video is the Top Gear episode with Clarkson driving all through the BBC building... especially behind the newscasters... and having to get pushed out of the elevator ("She's got quite a nice bottom. Did I say that out loud?") and, heck, just him climbing (falling?) into it!

slantvaliant
slantvaliant Dork
10/15/10 1:20 p.m.

What? No Cyclops?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VuQPAXEccB2wrCR3vJx3vp1fqBqe6JAMC5JimWBGwv9S1AcvqbwC94khaAyfIwQV