1 2
Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/30/18 3:23 a.m.

No kidding, My "mid-life crisis" started December 17th 1994 (when I was in the 7th grade) and it is STILL going strong.  It had everything to do with mortality.

My grandfather (the man I absolutely adored, and spent most of my free time with growing up) worked day in and day out at a job he hated, for a boss that he loathed.  He used to take a package of Tums with him in his lunch every day, he called them "his anti-Steeve pills".  But what kept him going through all the BS was the idea that one day he'd be able to retire, buy an RV, and travel the entire country with my grandmother in the passenger seat.  He made it two years (three cross-country trips, one of them with me and my brother in tow) before aggressive cancer hit and rendered him too sick to travel. 

After that, I swore to myself that I'd never ever EVER waste any of my dear time on this planet being miserable for the promise of better years "later on". 

I started mowing lawns and recycling cans, and had my first dirt bike less than a year later (1971 Hodaka Ace 100).  The years after that brought with them summer work, faster bikes, and a few fun firearms.   I cant think of any time in my adult life that I haven't owned either a sports car or a short wheelbase 4-wheel drive (and that makes me happy).   All in all, and aside from a 3-year stint where I found myself in the same rut that caught my grandfather, I think I've done a pretty good job of keeping myself on my toes.

and now that I think of it, I've been in a bit of a "boring routine rut" lately (going to work, after school activities, cook dinner, have a drink, sleep, repeat) reading my own words kind of stirred things up inside.  I might have to go show my kids how to do a handbrake turn or something tonight after work.  Either way, the Hungary house needs to go do something awesome...  It's time to stir some E36 M3 up. devil

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/30/18 7:08 a.m.

In reply to Hungary Bill :

Whatever you do, I've heard that an E46 can't do a burnout so don't even try.  And don't post vid of it.  ;-)

Hungary Bill
7/31/18 12:16 a.m.

Sir!  I am the father of two very impressionable young children.  I would never even ATTEMPT to do such a thing.  Just imagine the damage it might do to those poor kids... laugh

That being said:  https://youtu.be/vni_6TS-CHI

The forum wouldnt let me imbed the video for some reason, and youtube had this to say:

Sooooooo....  Good thing I put the car seats in?

Hungary Bill
7/31/18 12:58 a.m.

I figured you guys would like to see something other than the passenger headrest so I took her for another spin.

https://youtu.be/2h5BTmAbHYk

And that was left handed laugh

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/31/18 11:17 a.m.

winning

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/31/18 11:41 a.m.

DEAR BOB WHERE DO YOU FIND A PARKING LOT THAT SIZE surprise

Hungary Bill
7/31/18 11:43 p.m.

It's about 2-minutes from my house (and it is HUGE!) laugh  

If we're still here in a couple years, I was thinking it'd be a good spot to take the kids mini-biking. devil

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Dork
8/1/18 9:57 a.m.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1qHyEb73L1qqf5Pah6Z6ipREBWKlpcpNeT0YYKeXddD2qRBdOcK5tDl0n8yGWGwh