1 ... 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 ... 2014
Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/28/24 4:28 a.m.
GameboyRMH said:

Ever get a sudden pain in your chest and feel like "WHOA is that a heart attack!?" and then you're relieved when it isn't? My life has now become so E36 M3ty that my reaction is "Meh, I'm fine with whatever happens." There is a pleasure in the calm indifference.

My anxiety attacks feel a lot like the way I've always heard a heart attack would, with the added disappointment of being survivable. 

jmabarone
jmabarone HalfDork
5/28/24 7:02 a.m.
Jerry said:

Checking my bank account this morning, ready to move some more $ to savings, wee!  Oh, I see multiple overdraft charges, going back to Tuesday??  I knew I was a little lower than normal this week but WTH.

Looks like at least one was refunded, but a quick glance before coffee makes me think two were not.  Ok I'm out $30ish.  BUT, I have a freaking $14K overdraft account tied into my checking (been with US Bank since 1991).  Why do you only move $50 at a time?  If you moved $500 then there would only be one char...   Oh, I see.

Not quite the same frustration, but we had a weird issue with our bank 5-8 years ago.  We were working on paying off our credit cards (only had bank issued ones) and kept having charges on the CCs for overdraft protection.  I'm annoyed, wife's annoyed "why did we overdraft?"  Idk, it shows we had money in the account.  

Turns out, since our account was the one that my wife opened with her dad (who had been removed from the account 3 years before) and my SIL had opened an account with her dad, BB&T (then) had linked OUR credit card to SIL's checking for overdraft.  The explanation of "we don't know how that happened but there's nothing we can do about it except de-link them now" from the bank was absolute BS.  FIL made SIL pay us back (as she should have..) but the bank's response was ridiculous. 

We no longer use BB&T (Truist now) as our primary bank.

gixxeropa
gixxeropa GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/28/24 8:57 a.m.

Why is assembling a new grill more complicated than building a space station. Took me at least 2 hours to get it all done, but at least I had time to smoke some wings afterwards, before it got too late. It's a masterbuilt 900, really nice but I almost wish I had bought used just so I could skip building it

grover
grover GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/28/24 2:11 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Erm- I saw one of those recently in action on I95. It was terrifying and amazing. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/28/24 2:45 p.m.

Is it possible to find a hotel anywhere in America between the months of April and October that isn't full of obnoxious travel ball, cheer, or swim team families?

mtn
mtn MegaDork
5/28/24 3:10 p.m.
Duke said:

Is it possible to find a hotel anywhere in America between the months of April and October that isn't full of obnoxious travel ball, cheer, or swim team families?

Only in spots where a hockey tournament has forced them out.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/28/24 3:21 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

Does your search engine of choice have an adults only filter? 

Might limit the options, but a wing, or building, that is child free is awesome for a vacation without them.

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UberDork
5/28/24 4:16 p.m.

Buried a dog on Saturday and definitely cried a bit while I was digging the hole behind the shed. He was a derpy nuisance sometimes but darn it, he was my buddy.

Then I go to put some music on while mowing the lawn and the first song that comes on was about a dog: "Maggie's Song" by Chris Stapleton

Oof.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
5/28/24 4:44 p.m.
mtn said:
Duke said:

Only in spots where a hockey tournament has forced them out.

I've been on both sides of that equation and, for the most part, found the hockey tournament kids to be OK.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/28/24 7:04 p.m.

berkeley you, Fedex! My product has been "out for delivery" for four berkeleying days now!

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
5/28/24 10:02 p.m.

Two trees and power line down in my back yard. 911 says we'll get back to you. We will be without power for days.

They say we will have more storms in the morning. Dogs are upset. One of them crapped in the living room. Can't stop throwing up. Hurt my arm earlier today pulling broken branches down. 65 is really to old to go climbing on ladders.

Life sucks. Then you die.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
5/28/24 10:07 p.m.

My apartment has termites.  I dont care.  Not my property. 

At least I didn't care till they started to crawl out of the ceiling and fly into my dinner

5/28/24 10:11 p.m.

Did you know that electric chainsaws don't work when there's no power.

5/28/24 10:16 p.m.

Boss asks if I will be in tomorrow. If another tornado goes through my backyard and rips up my roof I may not survive.

Lets just say that if I'm not in by 10 AM, send flowers.

5/28/24 10:35 p.m.

Transformer just blew up in my backyard. Lit up my back window. 911 just put me on hold again. Don't know if there is fire.

5/28/24 10:37 p.m.

Backyard is flooded with all those power lines floating around. 911 still has me on hold. I love this town.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/28/24 10:48 p.m.

In reply to Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) :

Good luck, man.  Keep us posted as you can.

5/28/24 11:17 p.m.

No fire so far. Keeping everybody out of the backyard. No electricutions.

In reply to Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) :

Holy hell. I was going to complain that a severe thunderstorm rolled through Clovis and knocked the power out at my house but I'll refrain.

Currently on my second canned Moscow Mule (12% ABV) and still sitting in the dark. But thankful the storm wasn't worse. We didn't see any of the forecasted golf ball sized hail, just pea gravel sized. No damage from what I could see.

I hope things get better for you Snowdoggie. Hang in there brother! 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
5/29/24 7:06 a.m.

My most recent Rockauto magnet.

Just... what the berk?

C'mon guys, unless I can get spaceship parts on your site, dont give me this crap.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/29/24 9:58 a.m.
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) said:

Holy crap, stay safe

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
5/29/24 10:56 a.m.

TL:DR Our club is in serious trouble and I feel impotent

I've been assisting  our 91 year old track manager, and looking after the trails at the club facility for a few years now. I was first a member in 1976,  left after a half dozen years when I didn't ride, then rejoined in the mid 2000's. I thought the natural next step would be a position on the board of directors, who welcomed me in January. We're a volunteer based club of 500 members, have our own excellent facility with a proper old school MX track, 20km loop in the woods, and run our own MX and off road series.

In the time since I've been on the board our long term, and very capable, president has stepped down over some conflict with a family and fellow board member. We elected a new president who stepped down and resigned from the board two weeks ago. In that time our vice president took on the roll... for a week then resigned from the board.

We have a facility to operate, events, home and away to run, and we've now lost the majority of our skill, effort and volunteer help to resignation.  I am a brand new member and I have no idea what I am doing. There are a half dozen other board members with varying levels of dedication, skill and experience. It is very tempting to resign from the board, but I'm not a quitter. We're supposed to be having a zoom meeting tomorrow, something I know nothing about.

We may soon have to cancel the entire year's events, and I have no idea what to do.

5/29/24 11:34 a.m.
Antihero said:
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) said:

Holy crap, stay safe

No storm this morning. No power either. Plenty of juice from the two Jackery batteries. I also have Honda generator with a dead battery and a big collection of flashlights and camping gear. 

One of the dogs thinks there is something dead under the backyard shed. She keeps digging.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
5/29/24 11:41 a.m.

Potential electrocution in my back yard makes my minor rant seem terribly minor, but, here goes.

I hate it beyond all reason when I accidentally unlock the number lock key on my computer.  Takes me way too long to figure out.  Every time.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/29/24 12:36 p.m.

Berk you 7-11...your double extra large Big Gulp refills instantly went from $1.00 to $1.49.  That's gotta' be something like a 49% increase...somebody check my math.

I used to keep Washington's in my wallet so I could just drop one on the counter as I walked out but now I'll be using my CC which results in a fee for them and slows the transaction down for everyone; brilliant!!!

1 ... 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 ... 2014

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
g13FBxe0roVsPXIo48kIKHfvp4IkWpAwyvXtFYyvIwYZNxvdt1D1yGCEcSfZjZIL