1 ... 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 ... 2016
wae
wae UltimaDork
7/1/24 12:15 p.m.

I am the only person in this house without long hair.

I am also the only person that can be bothered to learn how to clear a drain.

"I don't know how to use the snake"

Here's a lesson:  step one, read the directions.  Step two, berkeley around with it and don't stop until the drain is cleared.

My appointment with my VA provider has been rescheduled once due to her being out sick. It's a virtual appointment (aka VTC) which is fine because there isn't a provider here locally because its a small town. However, the main VA clinic is in the next time zone (about 110 miles to the east) so all the appointments are in Central Time. I'm in Mountain Time. My video appointment was scheduled for 1030 CT so I logged in at 0933 MT. And then I waited. And waited some more. Finally after 40 minutes of waiting and no one showing up, I hung up and went to the VA website to reschedule. Except that I can't reschedule through the website, I must call the clinic I made the appointment through. So I call the local clinic and dial the extension of the nurse that made the appointment. Her extension goes to some random social worker's voicemail. So I hang up and dial the main facility number. After literally 3 different phone trees, I finally get to the right place. Except now it went to the main VA facility in Amarillo and I have to talk to the facility in Lubbock. The person transferred me right to the correct department and the scheduler sent a message to my provider to see WTH happened. So now I'm awaiting a call back from my provider. I'm 99.9995% sure I'll have to reschedule which means I'll probably have to wait another week for an appointment. This is getting berkeleying ridiculous. Also this happened when trying to confirm my appointment this morning:

That pretty succinctly sums up my experience with this region's VA system sad

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
7/1/24 12:48 p.m.

My former vet keeps calling me about scheduling appointments for my dog that my ex stole from me in the divorce.

I berkeleying hate her sometimes.  Not often, but sometimes she is a real shiny happy person.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
7/1/24 12:50 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) :

Such a clusterberkeley.  I don't know what Tampa/Bay Pines is doing right, but I've never come close to those issues.

tb
tb Dork
7/1/24 12:52 p.m.

I probably should just sell off a few cars and buy a new car. Terrible, right?

I HATE selling cars and I don't want to put ANY effort in. Turning wrenches was always my escape from such things. 

budget_bandit
budget_bandit Reader
7/1/24 1:03 p.m.

If I say to you, "this thing you just did hurt my feelings, because x,y,z..." and your response is "I'm sorry, but you said/did/thought/acted x,y,z way", that is NOT an apology. That is you telling me why I deserved whatever you did that upset me.

And that happening over and over might just be why I don't like talking about my feelings, and why I get so irritated when you beg me over and over to tell you why i'm upset.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

The Tampa VA was awesome. The Haley VA hospital, Hidden River VA Clinic, South Hillsborough VA Clinic and the New Port Richey VA Clinic were all great. I received outstanding care at all those facilities. 

Here though, I don't understand why its so disorganized. The main VA clinic is in Lubbock and the one in Amarillo is apparently falls under the one in Lubbock. The little CBOC here falls under Lubbock but I can do walk ins to schedule. It's confusing and infuriating. Nobody answers the phone and it takes days for them to return my call.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso UltraDork
7/1/24 1:25 p.m.

Have you considered moving to Florida?  Too soon, sorry.  Hope you get the care you deserve in NM. 

dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/1/24 5:28 p.m.

The average persons Facebook Marketplace posts...

"The car runs and starts and the engine is in perfect condition. An axel was damaged and I could never find it, I am selling it complete or in parts as you want"

This is not some antique or exotic car. It's a car I'm interested in, but that person's stupidity just has me not wanting to even start a conversation with them. 

Beer Baron 🍺
Beer Baron 🍺 MegaDork
7/1/24 6:33 p.m.

In reply to budget_bandit :

Oof.

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/1/24 7:38 p.m.

That was a very expensive turkey that nailed the side of my car.

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
7/1/24 8:02 p.m.

Every person operating a shopping cart in Costco goes out and gets behind the wheel of a car...

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/1/24 8:49 p.m.

In reply to ShawnG :

Replace Costco, with just... shopping.

dan0
dan0 GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/1/24 10:30 p.m.

Scotty Con Queso said:

Have you considered moving to Florida?  Too soon, sorry.  Hope you get the care you deserve in NM. 

Lol! It crossed my mind but, nah, I think I'm good.

It's been 12 hours and I never received a call back from my provider despite being told "she will call you right back so stay by your phone. "

Sigh

wae
wae UltimaDork
7/2/24 8:06 a.m.

My middlest daughter wanted to go to Microcenter yesterday to look at keyboards, see what case options they had for her, maybe buy the processor she's been shopping for, and just generally look around at all the cool stuff.  I also like to wander around that place, so we went up to have a look around.  The keyboards and mice are all in one aisle so we spent a while in there looking at the various options.  I was also interested in potentially getting a new keyboard and mouse for my computer and a new mouse for my work laptop, so we were both looking at all the options.  This smarmy salesman comes up as my daughter and I were checking out one of the $200 gaming keyboards (!!) and does the whole "hey, what are you guys looking for today?  Can I help?" and starts giving her the hard sell on the keyboard.  Now, it's at this point in the story that I have to give the guy props for his objection handling because when she said that she liked it but it was really expensive, he told my daughter that it sure was but it was worth it and she should treat herself and that even though it might be more money upfront, she should buy it and also get the protection plan to make sure she got the most out of her initial investment.  Slick, dude, very slick.  I mean, we weren't falling for it, but I can respect the effort there.

Anyway, he gives her a card and the sheet about the protection plan and then heads off to hassle someone else.  So we're back to looking at the options and talking amongst ourselves.  I'm trying to find a decent middle-of-the-road mouse option but they've organized them by manufacturer so wireless and wired are all interspersed and I don't need a gaming mouse and so on.  Another guy comes up and interrupts our conversation with, "Hey! What can I help you guys find today?  Looking at a new mouse?".  Nope, we're good, thanks.  Not long after that, another one: "Are you guys finding everything you're looking for?"  Yeah, we're fine, thanks.  And again, and again, and again.  On the - and I am not making this up - sixth or seventh discreet individual coming up and pestering us, he comes up and says "Hi! Has anybody helped you yet?"  I stand up, look him in the eye, and say, "Dude, we are over-helped.  You're like the eighth dude to come up and bother us.  Can you people just leave us the hell alone already?". 

We get a slight respite, my daughter picks out a keyboard for about $35, we're both looking at mice still, and finally the first dude wanders back in.  He sees the keyboard that my daughter picked out and he starts in on his protection plan pitch again.  He puts his little sticker on the box so he gets his commission or whatever, and then he puts the protection plan tag on the box as well and tells her that it'll only add about ten bucks to the price.  He then transitions straight into "Oh, so also looking for a new mouse, huh?" and at this point I have just freaking had it.  I look him square in the eye and say "Yeah.  We're looking at mice, but we've got this handled and don't need any help, but thank you."  He nods and says "oh yeah, no problem" and then continues to stand there.  I am now hearing the news anchor's voice in my head: "A Northern Kentucky man was arrested this evening after an altercation at a local electronics store...".  I continue staring at him.  He doesn't move.  I do the little upside down and backwards shooing motion with both my hands and just say "seriously!  Just go away!" and he finally does.  At that point I decided that I'd just get something from Amazon or Best Buy or perhaps just give up having a computer altogether.

I don't mind salespeople and I really don't mind interacting with people generally.  I know they've got a job to do and depending on what I'm buying, I like to be sold and can find it useful.  At the same time, I'm also usually pretty good about maintaining my calm and not letting annoying people ruin experiences.  This E36 M3 was on another level.  I've been in that place before and the worst I've gotten is the guy that accosts me while I'm on my way to the register with whatever I picked off the shelf and he's just trying to stick his tag on whatever I've bought without any assistance whatsoever.  I'll just pick the tag off and be on my way or whatever.  But for the love of all that is holy, these vultures make used car salesmen seem pleasant.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/2/24 8:44 a.m.
ShawnG said:

Every person operating a shopping cart in Costco goes out and gets behind the wheel of a car...

And they talk on the berking phone the whole time there, too.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
7/2/24 8:49 a.m.

In reply to wae :

I'd peel that commission sticker off that box so fast.

WilD
WilD Dork
7/2/24 9:30 a.m.

The Tour de France thread raised my blood pressure more than I would have expected.  I rarely have that problem with this forum.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/2/24 9:34 a.m.

In reply to wae :

As an introvert, I generally tend to avoid unnecessary interactions with people- but if I'm in a specialized store and looking at something I'm interested in, having a knowledgeable salesperson giving their input can be helpful and welcome. Most of the time though- yeah, just leave me the berk alone because frequently I'll be thinking: 

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 UltimaDork
7/2/24 9:41 a.m.

Something stinks in the Mazda. Like rotten food. I have kids, this is normal sometimes. Except the kids spend most of their time in the Toyota these days, and I spent all morning Saturday deep cleaning the Mazda. Shampoo the rear seats, pulled the mats, vacuum everything, moved all the seats.... there is nowhere left for anything stinky to hide. Unless somehow it got in the AC ducting somehow. 

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
7/2/24 9:45 a.m.

In reply to barefootcyborg5000 :

Methinks you have a dead mouse in there somewhere, check the defog/defrost vents too.  Had a mouse get stuck in defog vent some years back, they don't smell good at all. 

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
7/2/24 9:54 a.m.
WilD said:

The Tour de France thread raised my blood pressure more than I would have expected.  I rarely have that problem with this forum.

My rant is that makes me want to go look at a thread I hadn't opened yet. What does that say about me? Ugh nothing good I'm sure.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa MegaDork
7/2/24 10:04 a.m.
dculberson said:
WilD said:

My rant is that makes me want to go look at a thread I hadn't opened yet. What does that say about me? Ugh nothing good I'm sure.

Took a quick look.  Brief Cyclists Vs Automobile drivers argument flare up.  If you arent a cyclist and dont hate em on the road it wont touch you

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 UltimaDork
7/2/24 10:05 a.m.

In reply to 06HHR (Forum Supporter) :

Possibly, but it isn't nearly as bad as one would expect from a mouse. But suppose I don't really have anywhere else to look at this point. 

1 ... 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 ... 2016

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zVcfqpSqIRLHmBkI9F2WVXlzvdN9GNTeDV8CWQelPjKzx9g2DsaON0hksnncMyN7