1 ... 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 ... 2016
Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/3/24 2:31 p.m.
Peabody said:

Headhunters.

I have been received emails and phone calls about 43 different opportunities in the last 3 days.

Please leave me alone.

EDIT: Two more just now

So, is PW trying to change the domestic situation by publishing your info in select places?

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
7/3/24 2:36 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

Xbox Live went down, so I can't play my single player video game.  I hate enE36 M3ification

Ah it wasn't just my internet connection.  I use my XB1 for all my streaming, haven't played a game in years, but noticed everything sucked when I was trying to watch a quick show while eating dinner.  I was ready to pop the Army of Darkness DVD in but eventually my Simpson's episode worked.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
7/3/24 4:00 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

That's as good a theory as any. 

My employer is not making this easy. PW is lobbying hard, as is aprenticeboy. I don't want to disappoint them, and at the same time,  they're all appealing to weakness, my love of money.

I have to give them an answer this week and I can't make up my mind.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/3/24 5:04 p.m.

So there's a 1.5" diameter difference between a good year or BFG or whatever 245/40zr17 and a riken 245/40/zr27.

I thought the entire point of tire sizes was STANDARD FIXING MEASUREMENTS, but alas, they seem to be as random as women's clothing sizes. 

less than 10 miles took out that inner shoulder. 

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
7/3/24 5:54 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

When I ran limited classes with a same size tire rule I'd run different manufacturers at different corners to alter setup. Michelins we're always the biggest. The Nitto tires I put on on my car this year are bigger enough to alter the gearing noticeably. Generally the cheaper the tire the smaller it will be. 

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/3/24 9:07 p.m.
RevRico said:

So there's a 1.5" diameter difference between a good year or BFG or whatever 245/40zr17 and a riken 245/40/zr27.

I thought the entire point of tire sizes was STANDARD FIXING MEASUREMENTS, but alas, they seem to be as random as women's clothing sizes. 

less than 10 miles took out that inner shoulder. 

Yeah I feel your pain.

Although I do like their Raptors

Antihero
7/3/24 9:09 p.m.

I am getting tired of being in a touristy area....

NickD
NickD MegaDork
7/3/24 9:17 p.m.

The guy up the road has installed a blown alcohol big block in a '59 El Camino. Cool, right? Not when he makes full-bore, open-header passes up the road at Mach Jesus at 10pm, or goes screaming past you while you're out walking and damn near blows your eardrums out. No plates, no inspection, no registration. Call the cops, you say. Well, he works for the sheriffs in their garage, and all the cops know him and won't do anything. They just wag their finger and go "Now, Mikey, you know better."

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
7/3/24 9:34 p.m.

In reply to gixxeropa :

Ooh.  We get to bitch about lane etiquette.  My favorite thing.

Turning right from the center lane.  I have to avoid this regularly.

When an exit or turning lane is available, why would you not just follow the stripe on the road, instead of waiting, slowing down, and having to make people make room for you when you are halfway down the street?

Unrelated to lanes, but I was irritated by a situation today.  Driving somebodies giant Ford truck through a parking lot with very tight access.  Moving, perhaps, 5 mph when a guy steps out from behind a trailer, and almost walks into my front fender.  "Hey, slow down, man"  " Shaddup" I said.  You not paying attention does not make me a bad guy...

Rodan
Rodan UltraDork
7/5/24 9:16 a.m.

Found a car I'd like to buy, advertised at a reasonable price, within striking distance, on FB.  When the seller finally responded after two days, the response screams "SCAM".  Message gives a different name than the brand new FB profile, car was his 'uncle's', mileage doesn't match pictures, doesn't answer title related questions but tells me how 'beautiful' the car is and that he washes and waxes it every week.  Oh, and he was just diagnosed terminally ill and has to sell it quickly... indecision

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/5/24 10:11 a.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

The number of times we have accidents where a bus is going straight in the bus lane closest to the curb, and a vehicle on the left makes a right turn and hits the bus is ridiculous. More confusing is that it's not usually the front corner of the bus like they were expecting it to stop, but the center or rear as if they were expecting it to pass faster or be shorter. 

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
7/5/24 10:52 a.m.

I listed my scooter for sale on Craigslist and have received like seven or eight scam texts over the last 18 hours. One even seemed to be a real person, offered me less money than asking and said he was going to check with his wife. Then said he'd send a bank check with shipping added on ... uhh nope. What a pain

budget_bandit
budget_bandit Reader
7/5/24 11:44 a.m.

In reply to dculberson :

FB marketplace is just as bad, perhaps worse. I wish there was an easy place to buy/sell anymore...

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/5/24 12:46 p.m.

In reply to budget_bandit :

The enE36 M3ification continues its relentless march to the bottom. Words such as "algorithm" and "engagement" lead directly to phrases like "lowest common denominator". It's a rant in and of itself that is, by now, several large steps beyond minor.

Harrumph. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/5/24 12:59 p.m.

Between politics, people, traffic, humidity and heat im ready for the berkeleying commies to push the button today. 

gixxeropa
gixxeropa GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/5/24 1:10 p.m.

Person doing the inspection for my rental move out couldn't figure out how to take the door off to access the air filter. So instead of figuring that out they're trying to charge me to install a new one. The one in there is brand new. There trying to charge $150 to change it. Hopefully they'll give up on this or I'm gonna have to take a day off to go to court

11GTCS
11GTCS SuperDork
7/5/24 5:28 p.m.

Some chuckleberkeley decided it'd be funny to put an M80 in the driver's front wheel on my son's car last night. He heard an explosion at around 1:30 AM.   The local police responded and will file a report but he's likely out whatever it's going to cost to repair as he's over 2 hours away.  More than likely random vandalism, he's never had any issues in the 3 years he's lived there.

I told him to test the brakes before trying to move it and good thing on that as it sounds like the soft line on the drivers front got taken out.  Minor win there on dad's intuition I guess.   Sigh.

No Time
No Time UberDork
7/5/24 6:44 p.m.
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

The number of times we have accidents where a bus is going straight in the bus lane closest to the curb, and a vehicle on the left makes a right turn and hits the bus is ridiculous. More confusing is that it's not usually the front corner of the bus like they were expecting it to stop, but the center or rear as if they were expecting it to pass faster or be shorter. 

What is the rule about the bus lanes? I was trying to figure it out from the signs, but that wasn't helpful. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
7/5/24 8:08 p.m.
No Time said:
Wally (Forum Supporter) said:

What is the rule about the bus lanes? I was trying to figure it out from the signs, but that wasn't helpful. 

"Don't hit the bus."

Wally (Forum Supporter)
7/5/24 8:45 p.m.

In reply to No Time :

When the bus lanes are in effect they're for buses only, any buses, city, school, tour buses, but nothing else can use them except to make a right turn.  They're usually the right lane or second out from the curb, otherwise normal rules apply. The vehicles in them aren't going to yield to people turning through them. 

No Time
No Time UberDork
7/5/24 8:59 p.m.

In reply to Wally (Forum Supporter) :

Thanks, that makes sense. I was over at NYU on e 34th and I think they were all the rightmost lane.  

I wasnt sure if I was legal using them when making a right turn, but used it to turn since I didn't see any other way to make a right without getting run over by a bus. 

Wally (Forum Supporter)
7/5/24 9:25 p.m.

Any place there's a right turn you can make it from the bus lane if it's at the curb.  Some intersections have enforcement cameras but they are only triggered if you go straight through the intersection in the bus lane, or if your plate shows up in multiple consecutive cameras. 

Antihero
7/5/24 9:26 p.m.

This is always a terrible holiday for me but sweet baby Jesus has it gotten worse here in the last few years.

I really don't like living in a booming travel destination much anymore.......

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
7/5/24 10:36 p.m.

I wish stoners would stop saying stupid stoner E36 M3.

I realize that weed is the best thing that ever happened to you but hemp is not the solution for everything and there's no conspiracy to stop us from using it.

No, cars can't be made from hemp.

No, houses are not automatically better if they're made from hemp.

No, Shaggy. Europeans did not discover the new world because of sails made from hemp. Hemp is a new world plant. Sailcloth was linen which is great for a ton of things except getting high.

Also, incense doesn't fix weed stink. Now you smell like weed, patchouli and b/o.

gixxeropa
gixxeropa GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/5/24 10:41 p.m.

In reply to ShawnG :

No, cars can't be made from hemp.

i think you can use hemp in a composite like the "ecofriendly" flax composites that you might see on Porsche cayman clubsports 

1 ... 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 ... 2016

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2CBm7OD9pnuBLqrGV0yZapPLcPls5wPGaJjdXISzsrV666BsGWjdrYUkZCDvt3W1