1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 2016
N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
9/13/12 10:44 a.m.

Read the goddamn signs and quit punching my perimeter. I don't like chasing you.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Reader
9/13/12 12:30 p.m.
Apexcarver wrote: Gotta love when they replace printers at work... With ones that require ID cards to print... Before the ID card changover is complete (so a bunch of people can't access the printers) With no training on the printers whatsoever, so you can't even figure out how to send something to the printer. But more than everything, gotta love spending tons and tons of money on new printers and ID cards, just to cut down on paper usage.

Hahaha we got that here too, no id cards, though. The best part? every time you print something it prints a cover page. If you press print 1 document 50 times, you guessed it, 50 cover pages. Saving ink and paper!

mtn
mtn PowerDork
9/13/12 1:31 p.m.

To the asshat in the beat up Ford focus: I parked next to the curb for a reason. There are 16 open parking spots, and for some reason, you took the one right next to my car--which happens to be the one farthest away from wherever it is you are possibly going to. Now, here is where I have the issue: Not only did you take the only spot next to a car, you parked it 5 inches from my berkeleying car, and sure enough, there is a door ding there! shiny happy person.

To my two different banks: How is it possible to take 10 business days to verify that the other exists and is legitimate? I gave both of you all of the required info, this should be instant (or at the most 2 business days). Now I'm living on Ramen, because my one bank can't do withdrawls from where I physically am, and the other bank has no money in it.

To the ijdits who decided all our computers at work needed a new... something... Thanks. Now my mouse and keyboard don't work, and I have to use the laptop keyboard. I am just thankful that my monitor still works.

To my neighbor whom I asked to please turn down the bass at 3AM last weekend: No, I am not racist, but you are the reason that people are. Please, just turn down the bass. Next time you won't get the courtesy, I'm just calling you in for a noise violation and let you get arrested for the paraphanalia you have laying out.

And finally, to my vintage Gibson: Why, oh why, can't your glue just not separate? I was hoping that the repairs would be done Monday, which got extended to Wednesday, which now is extended to hopefully Friday, but likely Monday (I'll be gone this weekend).

corytate
corytate Dork
9/13/12 8:06 p.m.

It's cool that, when I quit my job at Subaru to come work for you as a flat rate technician, you instead hired me as an oil changer, because you told me you'd move me up when there was an opening.
Well, I guess it's also cool that there have been 3 openings and I haven't gotten moved up yet.
And now there's about to be a new opening. Oh whats that, you're going to give it someone else? that's cool. I guess I'll drive the van down tomorrow and pick up all my E36 M3

mtn
mtn PowerDork
9/14/12 6:57 a.m.

To the owner of the dog that got bit by my [moms] dog: Ma'am, you are an idiot. There is a reason that my dog was on a leash. There is a reason that mom had stopped walking and moved off the sidewalk. And most importantly, there is a reason that she was yelling "He is not nice, do not come over here! Stop! He is not nice!. Yet you simply smiled and didn't call your dog (not on a leash!) or try to catch your dog. I am sorry that he was bit. But again, you are an idiot.

I really hope that we don't have to put him down for this. I'm hopeful because of certain verbiage in the Illinois law regarding dog bites to humans:

510 ILCS 5/16:Sec. 16. If a dog or other animal, without provocation, attacks, attempts to attack, or injures any person who is peaceably conducting himself or herself in any place where he or she may lawfully be, the owner of such dog or other animal is liable in civil damages to such person for the full amount of the injury proximately caused thereby.
JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
9/14/12 5:17 p.m.

I dislike people who constantly pepper their speech with sarcasm, and would like to remind them that it is NOT the sign of intelligence that they believe it to be; saying the opposite of what you believe is not exactly mentally taxing.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro SuperDork
9/14/12 7:56 p.m.
JoeyM wrote: saying the opposite of what you believe is not exactly mentally taxing.

Is that sarcasm? It's hard to tell over the interweb?

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/15/12 5:38 p.m.

So, I finally get around to putting the wheels I ordered 6 months ago on my truck. They have been sitting in my garage, mocking me. I go to the auto shop and pull my old wheels and tires off. I get the new fronts on when I realize the berkeleytards I ordered them from mounted one of the unidirectional tires on backwards. Really? I drop $1800 on wheels and tires at your place of business and you can't even check to see if they are mounted correctly? YOU SELL WHEELS AND TIRES! I would hope you know what you are doing. Now I have to find someone who can deal with 22" wheels and have them remove the tire, install it correctly on the wheel and re-balance the whole thing. Thanks. I guess you don't have to be literate to be a wheel monkey.

Pic of stupidity:

Wheel is mounted on driver's side rear. Note the ROTATION lettering and big arrow pointing the wrong way.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade SuperDork
9/15/12 6:02 p.m.

One lane or another, people. It's not Rocket Science.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
9/15/12 6:10 p.m.

In reply to stanger_missle:

I am going to say it was Wheels Next wasn't it?

fasted58
fasted58 UltraDork
9/15/12 7:30 p.m.
stanger_missle wrote: I guess you don't have to be literate to be a wheel monkey.

I've caught flak from tire jocks for checking their work before I left the shop... and that just reaffirms my position.

stanger_missle
9/15/12 7:46 p.m.

In reply to Anti-stance:

Close! It was Factory Reproductions in Chino, CA.

On a related note, after I finished mounting the wheels, I went to the service station on the base since the auto hobby shop could only mount 18" tires. Nope, they aren't allowed to remount any tires unless they are from the Tire Rack. The guy at the counter muttered something about accountability. Really? What difference does it make? The tires have 3 miles on them!

stanger_missle
9/15/12 7:50 p.m.
fasted58 wrote:
stanger_missle wrote: I guess you don't have to be literate to be a wheel monkey.
I've caught flak from tire jocks for checking their work before I left the shop... and that just reaffirms my position.

Haha... When you mount 4 tires and 3 have the tread going the same direction, I guess it DOES take a rocket scientist to figure out that something is amiss. Or at least someone with an IQ higher than a rock.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
9/15/12 7:51 p.m.

In reply to stanger_missle:

Here's a rant, I no longer have access to an auto hobby shop on base anymore.

And I ordered some wheels from Wheel Next a few years ago and got the 3 one way and 1 the other business from them.

stanger_missle
9/15/12 9:02 p.m.

In reply to Anti-stance:

You're not missing much... In light of the continuing budget cuts, most of the MWR programs are getting slashed. The Hobby Shop here used to operate 6 days a week, perform A/C servicing and you could have the shop repair your car. Now they are open Thursday, Friday and Saturday, got rid of the A/C servicing and do not offer a repair service. It went from being OK to terrible. They slashed their staff and the remaining techs are intolerable shiny happy people.

The tire mounted the wrong way irritates me but they did sit in my garage for 6 months without me noticing it hahaha. I know they had to individually mount the tires because I also ordered the custom painted line around the wheel, which required a week wait for the paint guy to come to their shop.

fasted58
fasted58 UltraDork
9/16/12 2:05 p.m.

I'd prefer to actually read an on-line news story from my homepage instead of watching a video only.

They may think it a convenience but it appears as spoon feeding to me. Have we become that lazy we can't even read?

C'mon man, gimme print

fritzsch
fritzsch Reader
9/16/12 4:41 p.m.

Please dont let print go obsolete in the face of online publishing :(. Newspapers and especially books...

Sput
Sput New Reader
9/16/12 6:33 p.m.

Son # 2 graduates from Campbell U. then graduates U.N.C. - Chapel School of Law, passes the N.C. bar exam on the first try, gets married, and is having convulsions not being able to find a job. So, you want to be a lawyer ...

Morbid
Morbid Reader
9/16/12 7:46 p.m.

Please stop coating my street in oil and gravel under the guise of 'seal coating'. It's a low-traffic street, and didn't need it, and it nearly made me dump my motorcycle. Jerks.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
9/16/12 8:00 p.m.

Morbid's post reminded me: Could you people running the Highway Department PLEASE make sure the guy driving the 'grooving truck' doesn't have the damn DT's? He's got a hangover or has Parkinson's or something; that's the only possible reason for the grooves on the bridges etc to jerk side to side and cross over like they do. You don't notice it in your cage, on my (reasonably) lighweight motorcycle I have to just sorta hang on till I'm over the bridge. And those warning signs don't fix the root problem. Chrissakes, we can put a lander on Mars within a few feet of the spot scouted out from umpty million miles away, surely there's a way to fix those damn grooves.

Morbid
Morbid Reader
9/16/12 8:05 p.m.

In reply to Curmudgeon: I haven't yet had the pleasure of riding on grooved pavement, and I can't say I'm looking forward to changing that any time soon. Evil DOT.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
9/16/12 8:28 p.m.

In reply to Morbid:

It sucks. It seems like there isn't one stretch of grooved pavement that is straight that I have ever ridden over.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy SuperDork
9/16/12 8:55 p.m.

Speaking of the DTs, I'm gonna post a photo of the lines painted on the new pavement on Circle Drive.

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
9/17/12 2:19 a.m.

Groovy it is not. E36 M3 hot scary it is. I was on a road the other day that, I swear, was grooved by Michael J. Fox.

peter
peter HalfDork
9/17/12 6:18 p.m.

Dear Occupy Wall Street:

Please stop. Your little marches down my normally-peaceful street are frankly annoying. And these helicopters, sirens, extra officers, and general chaos that you've brought down on this area are not only a waste of taxpayer dollars, but really freaking annoying.

I know it's fun to complain, but without offering solutions, you're just a bunch of nasty, whiney brats. Please go home, think of something constructive to do, and do it.

Signed,

People who are tired of your shenanigans.

(This is not a flounder, just a complaint about some dirty rotten hippies. Please treat it as such)

1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 2016

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FK3veVbht3QW1Rq27tYI2ULyW6ILDHN1oE5Of391ygz6yGS4NQw9RQdsxKbObMkx