1 ... 2022 2023 2024
iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/21/24 10:02 a.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to Antihero :

My brother is currently dealing with this exact bullE36 M3. I bought a replacement Clip kit off of Amazon for like $13.00. Its already paid for itself by fixing 2 (notso) quick disconnects. His will be the third.

Just for clarification and to reset your expectations I think those are quick connects, not quick disconnects.

Rodan
Rodan UberDork
10/21/24 11:04 a.m.

In reply to RevRico :

+1 on inconsistent delivery times/info, and ads in a paid video service.  Definitely sliding downhill...

I just received a "new" blu-ray player with someone else's return slip still in the box.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/21/24 11:54 a.m.

I am close to canceling our prime membership for related reasons. 

My rant: my dad and group text etiquette. It is really annoying. 

TravisTheHuman
TravisTheHuman MegaDork
10/21/24 12:03 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
GameboyRMH said:

On rants and Fords, I've noticed that Ford has a new "invention" in some of their recent cars: laggy windows. The windows start moving after you press the switch and stop moving after you release it. This suggests that the windows are being controlled through a computer with a multitasking OS that takes inputs from the switches, rather than direct electrical connections between the switches and the window motors. I've also noticed some of their power seats having the same issue.

Nothing in any modern car (meaning anything made in the last 20-30 years or so) directly controls with the switches.  Direct control makes for irregular haptics, as well as heavier gauge/more complex wiring harnesses.  And the switches also are less reliable.

Plus, controlling everything via modules makes it super easy to do things like allowing you to move the windows after you shut the car off but before you open the door.  Or having the car automatically close the windows and sunroof when the windshield's rain sensor detects that it is raining.

I think Gameboy's point was them using a Microprocessor vs. Microcontroller.

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP Dork
10/21/24 2:10 p.m.

Just because *MY* shop space happens to have open space on a counter / workbench does not mean its space for you to drop off your crap in a pile. 

Datsun240ZGuy
Datsun240ZGuy MegaDork
10/21/24 3:28 p.m.

In reply to DjGreggieP :

My wife.......

1 ... 2022 2023 2024

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FBa4hauT1GFtmF4HRsVo5mSQ8y862qEoie1DHOtr6Gl49Sw1OnL4vdX8Al5bZJRj