1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 2016
T.J.
T.J. PowerDork
11/5/12 8:54 p.m.

Hunting season. Too many people are off of work so they can go shoot bambi. I say bring in more wolves and let them control the deer population. Besides, the deer apparently aren't nearly as dumb and they seem. I had 7 of them in my back yard last Friday morning. I hadn't seen a deer at all back there since this time last year...also right at the beginning of hunting season.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
11/5/12 9:23 p.m.

Dear Turn 10 Studios: If you can't program the (alleged) AI not to hit other people in an R1, please give me the option of declining an R1 race in favor of a production car race.

And if it's not technically possible, can you at least give me back half of the purchase price, since I can only use half of the game? C'mon..I put up with the inability to turn off all that "ghost car" E36 M3. You owe me.

thestig99
thestig99 Reader
11/5/12 9:25 p.m.
T.J. wrote: Daylight savings time. berkeley Ben Franklin or whomever came up with this idea. Starting today all the way through to sometime in the spring I will not really see the daylight except on weekends. Driving to work in the dark was ok for the past month or two, but now there is no chance of ever getting off work before it is pitch black outside. What is the purpose of this? Some BS about more time for farmers or something? The farmers around here don't seem to work on a timeclock...they work all the time, even harvesting corn with their combines before 0530. Damn the darkness.

I fully agree with this.

fasted58
fasted58 UberDork
11/5/12 11:18 p.m.
T.J. wrote: I had 7 of them in my back yard last Friday morning. I hadn't seen a deer at all back there since this time last year...also right at the beginning of hunting season.

Dress the family in blaze orange when outside till hunting season is over JIC

wbjones
wbjones UltraDork
11/6/12 7:20 a.m.
thestig99 wrote:
T.J. wrote: Daylight savings time. berkeley Ben Franklin or whomever came up with this idea. Starting today all the way through to sometime in the spring I will not really see the daylight except on weekends. Driving to work in the dark was ok for the past month or two, but now there is no chance of ever getting off work before it is pitch black outside. What is the purpose of this? Some BS about more time for farmers or something? The farmers around here don't seem to work on a timeclock...they work all the time, even harvesting corn with their combines before 0530. Damn the darkness.
I fully agree with this.

not sure what your complaint is .... what we're experiencing now ISN'T daylight savings time ..... it's EASTERN STANDARD TIME ... as in the way things were before the gument got involved and started changing the clocks ...

it daylight savings time had never been "invented" you wouldn't have anything to complain about since the current conditions are all you'd ever known...

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
11/6/12 7:47 a.m.
thestig99 wrote:
I fully agree with this.

I dislike the time change. It screws with my internal 'clock', worst during the whole 'spring forward' thing. There's no benefit that I can see either. Makes me want to move to Arizona.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
11/6/12 7:55 a.m.

That there is a "no trespassing" sign. Any idea what it might mean?

slantvaliant
slantvaliant SuperDork
11/6/12 8:51 a.m.
DuctTape&Bondo wrote: Dear USB flash drive makers, Why do they have to be so damn small now? I bought 2 drives that I promptly lost.

Dear USB flash drive makers,

Size matters. Longer is OK, thicker is not. Look carefully at the width and thickness of your drives, so that I can actually use two USB devices in paired USB ports. That's kind of the idea, isn't it?

mtn
mtn PowerDork
11/7/12 10:56 a.m.

Berking canker sore. This hurts.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson SuperDork
11/7/12 1:13 p.m.

Dear GMAIL, I know my browser is outdated, but I don’t have admin rights on my work computer so I can’t do any berkeleying thing about it. Please give me a box to tick saying ‘Don’t remind me again’ rather than telling me in big letters and now pop up down load screens every time I go there.

Adrian_Thompson
11/7/12 1:27 p.m.
T.J. wrote: Hunting season. Too many people are off of work so they can go shoot bambi. I say bring in more wolves and let them control the deer population. Besides, the deer apparently aren't nearly as dumb and they seem. I had 7 of them in my back yard last Friday morning. I hadn't seen a deer at all back there since this time last year...also right at the beginning of hunting season.

The problem with that is they now want to add a Wolf hunting season too. Where do you stop, hunter hunting season? Working in the auto industry, we get next Friday off ostensibly to observe Veterans day, but in reality they used to have too many people 'sick' for the start of bambi day so they just made it official.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
11/7/12 1:40 p.m.

I am here for your safety. Follow my directions.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
11/7/12 1:40 p.m.

To whom it may concern:

I am eating lunch. Calling 50 times will not make me drop my hamburger so you can talk for 15 minutes about your 308.

Sincerely,

Duke of Understeer.

Adrian_Thompson
11/7/12 2:19 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: To whom it may concern: I am eating lunch. Calling 50 times will not make me drop my hamburger so you can talk for 15 minutes about your 308. Sincerely, Duke of Understeer.

Then talk to us about their 308 instead

thestig99
thestig99 Reader
11/7/12 9:41 p.m.

Dear eBay,

STOP E-MAILING ME. Seriously.

No, really.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro SuperDork
11/7/12 10:19 p.m.

Dear thestig99,

Start using the unsubscribe button and change your eBay settings. Seriously

No, really.

They only e-mail me when it's important and I I sell a metric ton of crap on there.

Shawn

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic HalfDork
11/7/12 10:50 p.m.

Dear universe;

Where did all those sub $2000 MB 300SDs I used to see on CL EVERY DAY go?

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas HalfDork
11/7/12 11:07 p.m.

To the German engineer who decided to use those little press-in square nut-serts that aircooled VW fenders bolt to:

Worst. Berkeleying. Idea. Ever.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo HalfDork
11/8/12 3:38 p.m.

Ok this is a rant.

Guy backs into my car last week, breaks my bumper. Gives me an expired insurance card because he can't find his current one. I call (Mercury) and they play phone tag with me for a few days before I speak to the person handling the claim, who informs me the guy isn't on Mercury any longer and actually has Farmers (same as me) and that he has filed a claim. I call Farmers and give my side of the story and learn that he is claiming that I rear ended him. Now I have to wait for an investigation. I am so furious right now.

wbjones
wbjones UltraDork
11/8/12 3:51 p.m.

advice I've received in the past .... no matter how trivial the MVA seems ... call the po-po and have a report generated ... yeah yeah I know ... 20/20 hind-sight and all that

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo HalfDork
11/8/12 3:54 p.m.

Yeah also furious at myself

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/8/12 4:05 p.m.

Dear co-worker,

Berkeleying berk you. We were assigned to double-drive to BFE. I have a family at home and want to be back there, not sitting in some crappy cafe for 4 hours while you get lost because you forgot a map and can't use a smart phone. Berk you!

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy SuperDork
11/8/12 4:13 p.m.
DuctTape&Bondo wrote: Ok this is a rant. Guy backs into my car last week, breaks my bumper. Gives me an expired insurance card because he can't find his current one. I call (Mercury) and they play phone tag with me for a few days before I speak to the person handling the claim, who informs me the guy isn't on Mercury any longer and actually has Farmers (same as me) and that he has filed a claim. I call Farmers and give my side of the story and learn that he is claiming that I rear ended him. Now I have to wait for an investigation. I am so furious right now.

Personal experience: Get you, the other party, and the insurance adjuster together in the same room. Tell your story, then stare at him while he lies. Do not interrupt him. He will change details, and look shifty. You will appear angry, confident and honest.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
11/8/12 4:25 p.m.
JohnInKansas wrote: To the German engineer who decided to use those little press-in square nut-serts that aircooled VW fenders bolt to: Worst. Berkeleying. Idea. Ever.

now, take a couple of those, and put them inside a fully boxed frame, then you have some assembly line chucklehead cross thread the bumper mounting bolts into them so that when someone later goes to install a hitch, the threads are seized to the bolt, and it breaks off with no way to get at the broken off nutsert. then you will have nissan

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas HalfDork
11/8/12 7:27 p.m.

These were in an inaccessible area inside the bodywork, and once they've started spinning, you are hard pressed to make any progress loosening the fastener. Meanwhile, the (ridiculously flimsy) fender is waving in the breeze, held on only by this one bolt.

I think I pulled 3 of them through the body cause they started spinning.

1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 2016

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KeDjOs6wCCwCAqjThLkM2b6hkg0QKUOFr6jaX8G0TXHuUUbWYDix2GnhFexgEtce