1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 2016
Grizz
Grizz SuperDork
12/1/12 4:24 a.m.

In reply to EvanB:

5:30.

running on 4 hours of sleep in the last two days.

dculberson
dculberson SuperDork
12/1/12 9:51 a.m.

Insomnia suuuuuuuucks. I used to battle with it a lot when I was younger. It's amazing how much your stability (emotionally and rationally) suffers from lack of sleep. Egads. I hope you get some sleep, man. 4 hours is not enough in 2 days.

mtn
mtn PowerDork
12/1/12 12:18 p.m.
Grizz wrote: INberkeleyINGSOMNIA

I've learned not to fight it when it rears that ugly head, but to embrace it. You aren't getting to sleep, might as well get something productive done. Clean the kitchen, clean out my wallet, do my laundry, and have a pot of coffee ready in the morning. By the time 9:30 PM rolls around again, I'll fall right asleep.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/1/12 12:25 p.m.

If you wait until 4pm on Friday to give me a "final" document which forces me to spend the weekend reviewing it, and I find 3 spelling errors in the first 13 pages (that spell check would catch) be prepared for a very grumpy LogDog on Monday morning. Only 250 pages to go!

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
12/2/12 10:08 a.m.

Awesome deals on CL that I can't get a response from the seller . . .

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
12/2/12 12:54 p.m.

Boy, if you had done your book report Friday night like your mom & I told you, you would be outside playing with your friends. Now get back to writing.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
12/2/12 2:11 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: Rollin' double wide. Tired of this E36 M3. If the isle is 2.5 people wide, I'm NOT diving out of the way so you and your boyfriend/girlfriend /children/dog/grandma/elephant/rocket sled can go down the isle side by side. I WILL, however, let you bump into me. You WILL revive a free scowl and/or hip check, though.

The general public... it sucks. People are very oblivious and inconsiderate of others. I can't wait to move far away from people.

mtn
mtn PowerDork
12/2/12 4:35 p.m.

2 part rant.

Part 1: I hate malls. I hate people, and malls have a lot of people. I hate malls.

Part 2: I hate shopping for jeans. 34's fit in the waist, but no way in hell am I able to get those things over my thighs. 36's are still too tight in the thighs. 38's fit in the thigh's, but I feel like I'm wearing waders. I hate shopping for jeans. What the hell happened, does this country only cater to dudes with chicken legs or, um, larger people? I'm in the middle dammit!

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltraDork
12/2/12 4:42 p.m.
mtn wrote: 2 part rant. Part 1: I hate malls. I hate people, and malls have a lot of people. I hate malls. Part 2: I hate shopping for jeans. 34's fit in the waist, but no way in hell am I able to get those things over my thighs. 36's are still too tight in the thighs. 38's fit in the thigh's, but I feel like I'm wearing waders. I hate shopping for jeans. What the hell happened, does this country only cater to dudes with chicken legs or, um, larger people? I'm in the middle dammit!

I agree on the malls.

On the jeans, you need to find the cut that fits, in a brand name, then buy many. I eventually found Wranglers, which I had dismissed because I ain't a cowboy, but it turns out their standard cut is right for me. I guarantee they won't fit you, cause I don't got no ass, and your description sounds like you may have one...Maybe shop where football players go? Maybe the backup dancers from any number of hiphop videos...

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/2/12 5:37 p.m.

Maybe some jeggings?

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
12/4/12 11:53 a.m.

Being married to a 12-hour-shift worker sucks balls and here's why. If she's on days (6am to 6pm), she comes home and wants to go to bed by 8. That's fine, but severely limits my evening wrenching (I'm young, and like to stay up drinking and using power tools until midnight-ish, which thank the lord she was okay with). If she's on nights (6pm to 6am), I don't have the issue with weeknight evenings (because she's either at work or awake anyway), but I can't do ANYTHING during the day on weekends.

Not to mention she's either gone before I wake up and asleep shortly after she gets home, or getting home after I've left for work and getting ready to leave when I get home.

Continuation of the aforementioned jeans rant:

I wear a 34 x 34-36ish. I got chicken legs. There are NEVER any 34x34/36's ANYWHERE, unless they're smeared with ox blood or have softball-sized holes in them. I don't know if 90% of American men just want plain-Jane jeans in 34x34, or if jean companies don't make them just to piss me off.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
12/4/12 11:59 a.m.

Oh god... I hate Jeans shopping so badly.

I'm going to feel like i might have to hand in my man card for saying this, but the ONLY jeans i've been able to find in the last 8 years that fit me correctly are American Eagle Low Rise Slim Boot jeans. Of course, that means they had to discontinue them about 3 months after i bought my first two pairs.

I've been sniping them off of Ebay since then whenever they come up, but right now, i have none, and i'm forced to wear some TERRIBLY-fitting Levis. I hate them. I swim in them.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
12/4/12 12:05 p.m.

I berkeleying hate jean shopping. How is a freaking 36 not the same no matter what pair of jeans you wear? I mean seriously. It used to be Old Navy's jeans fit well but now they are making them so damn cheaply that I won't buy them. Now I go to TJ Maxx and try some on until I actually find some that fit.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
12/4/12 12:20 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: but the ONLY jeans i've been able to find in the last 8 years that fit me correctly are American Eagle Low Rise Slim Boot jeans

I feel like if something like that ever came out of my mouth I would have to stop and re-evaluate the whole path of life that led me to the "maculine cliff". You are a hair away from yoga pants, pedicures and show tunes.

I suggest some Carhart pants and maybe inserting a pause between when an idea pops into your head and typing it out

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
12/4/12 12:30 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: but the ONLY jeans i've been able to find in the last 8 years that fit me correctly are American Eagle Low Rise Slim Boot jeans
I feel like if something like that ever came out of my mouth I would have to stop and re-evaluate the whole path of life that led me to the "maculine cliff". You are a hair away from yoga pants, pedicures and show tunes. I suggest some Carhart pants and maybe inserting a pause between when an idea pops into your head and typing it out

So basically i'm doomed once i start going bald, right?

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
12/4/12 12:35 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
I feel like if something like that ever came out of my mouth I would have to stop and re-evaluate the whole path of life that led me to the "maculine cliff". You are a hair away from yoga pants, pedicures and show tunes. I suggest some Carhart pants and maybe inserting a pause between when an idea pops into your head and typing it out
So basically i'm doomed once i start going bald, right?

I just gave up - have not bought jeans in years. I have zero nice pairs, everything has a hole somewhere it doesn't belong. Oh well.

mtn
mtn PowerDork
12/4/12 12:52 p.m.

For all you folks like me who have a hard time finding jeans that fit AND are nice enough to wear to work and/or out (I'm 22, I'll save my carharts for shoveling/wrenching/yardwork/etc), do what civic said:

Go to TJ Maxx/Value City/Gordmans/Marshalls, and start looking at all the jeans. If it looks like something you'd wear and is w/in 2 inches of what you think your size is, get it. When you have about 10 pairs, go into the fitting room. You should hopefully find something that works. Surprisingly, Kenneth Cole works for me and was cheaper than the last pair of Carhartts and Lee's that I got. Better quality denim than the Lee's as well.

Now, to continue the rant: How the berkeley is it that I found 3 jeans that fit [in the waist] and they were all different sizes? Seriously, 34, 36, and 38. All fit me more or less the same. These are not some arbitrary made up numbers like in womens clothes, these are inches. If it is 34 inches, put 34 on it. If it is 36 inches, label it a berkeleying 36. This isn't hard. I don't even know what size I really am. The only thing I do know is that I have short little stubs for legs, as a 30'' inseam is just barely too long pretty much across the board.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltraDork
12/4/12 12:54 p.m.

I don't normally get McDonald's, but the one in my town SUCKS. Simple orders get berkeleyed up all the time and everytime I roll the drive thru, I always have to wait for fries.

They always have some problem when I roll through.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
12/4/12 12:58 p.m.
mtn wrote: Now, to continue the rant: How the berkeley is it that I found 3 jeans that fit [in the waist] and they were all different sizes? Seriously, 34, 36, and 38. All fit me more or less the same. These are not some arbitrary made up numbers like in womens clothes, these are inches. If it is 34 inches, put 34 on it. If it is 36 inches, label it a berkeleying 36. This isn't hard. I don't even know what size I really am. The only thing I do know is that I have short little stubs for legs, as a 30'' inseam is just barely too long pretty much across the board.

I know that is my complaint!!!! 36 inches should be the damn same no matter who makes them!!!!

Duke
Duke PowerDork
12/4/12 12:59 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: It used to be Old Navy's jeans fit well but now they are making them so damn cheaply that I won't buy them.

Don't get me started on Old Navy. I'm 5'-10" and 250 lbs, not slim. I wear 44 pants and an 18 collar.

I ordered a dress shirt from Old Navy because they don't carry big sizes in the store. I got a XXXL and I literally could not get the buttons within 3 inches of the buttonholes. Their XXL used to fit fine and my weight, although high, is stable.

Meanwhile the XXL boxers I ordered at the same time fell off when I wore them over my pants. I had to exchange them for XL.

dculberson
dculberson SuperDork
12/4/12 1:07 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: I berkeleying hate jean shopping. How is a freaking 36 not the same no matter what pair of jeans you wear? I mean seriously. It used to be Old Navy's jeans fit well but now they are making them so damn cheaply that I won't buy them.

M-F'ing Old Navy. I am also hard to size jeans for, I wear a 31x32 or 31x34. Old Navy is the only store that I could find that stocks those regularly. I bought a couple pairs that fit me perfectly, so when I got a coupon in email for a bunch off some jeans online, I ordered four pairs. Every single pair fits me differently. Three of them are more or less acceptable but one pair is skin tight and so pulls up and is too short. Plus they all four smelled like some chemical waste dump even through multiple washings. Urgh. Eff off guys, figure out your quality control fo' real.

Duke
Duke PowerDork
12/4/12 1:20 p.m.

PLUS - and this is the unforgivable sin - most of Old Navy's jeans are not 100% cotton denim any more. Berk that E36 M3.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
12/4/12 1:21 p.m.

Old Navy used to have decent stuff. Now I won't go in there anymore.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
12/4/12 1:36 p.m.

In my other rant of the day, why is there nothing to do around this place? I mean I am sure there is something I could be working on but no one seems to have anything or if they do they act like it will take forever to finish and really takes approximately two seconds to finish my part and then I sit on my thumbs after I send it to someone and wait for them to get back to me with their part. Then suddenly there will be a mass rush on something that I am sure could of been handled earlier in a less manner if someone had let me know about it....

RossD
RossD UberDork
12/4/12 1:41 p.m.

1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 2016

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HCVJ2f7Nqk5oNgTnbKoRLccM09yzNPuip70ufCQ2JcrMJYnu0ErZMDftDzNXPrLW