1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 2016
thestig99
thestig99 Reader
12/4/12 6:45 p.m.

Ugh, jeans. I wear a 30-31x30... I would think that would be an easy size to find, but nope

wbjones
wbjones UltraDork
12/4/12 6:50 p.m.

all you "little" guys don't know squat about how hard it is to find jeans

you need to get to + sizes, then come back and tell us about it

anyone bigger than a 35" waist has to choose ... either so tight you can't breath, or so loose you have to cinch your belt so much that you end up with pleats in the belt line .. seems no producer understands that us fatties like our cloths to actually fit .... everything is find if you happen to measure an even size ( 36, 38, 40, etc... ) but no odd inch sizes

dculberson
dculberson SuperDork
12/5/12 11:17 a.m.
wbjones wrote: all you "little" guys don't know squat about how hard it is to find jeans you need to get to + sizes, then come back and tell us about it

The grass is always greener, as they say. I always thought the bigger sizes were all over the place and us skinny dudes were forgotten about, maybe it's that they don't like stocking sizes for anybody. Next time you're in the store looking at jeans, try to find 31 x 34. They will not be there. I end up looking like a teenager that just hit his growth spurt half the time. There are worse things, I guess...

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
12/5/12 11:23 a.m.

I stole all my uncles jeans. Except the white ones and 80s cutoffs. Huck.

colaboy
colaboy New Reader
12/5/12 11:33 a.m.

Dear co-workers,

Please go home to your garage, leave the car running and run a garden hose from the exhaust into your window. Now take several relaxing deep breaths...that's it. Soon you will be at peace and society will be better off.

Or just eat hot death, I'm cool with either.

wbjones
wbjones UltraDork
12/5/12 12:41 p.m.
dculberson wrote:
wbjones wrote: all you "little" guys don't know squat about how hard it is to find jeans you need to get to + sizes, then come back and tell us about it
The grass is always greener, as they say. I always thought the bigger sizes were all over the place and us skinny dudes were forgotten about, maybe it's that they don't like stocking sizes for anybody. Next time you're in the store looking at jeans, try to find 31 x 34. They will not be there. I end up looking like a teenager that just hit his growth spurt half the time. There are worse things, I guess...

I once was that size ... way back then you could actually find 31/32 x 34's ... I guess, not so much now ... but if you're a 39 as I am ... it's either 38 or 40 ...

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
12/5/12 10:06 p.m.

WHAT GOOD IS MINING NOSE GOLD IF I CANT SHARE IT WITH THE TOWNSPEOPLE?!

corytate
corytate SuperDork
12/5/12 10:16 p.m.

hey boss, what was the point of agreeing to my terms for not leaving when everyone else quits if you're just going to renege on them now, only two months later?
My toolbox has wheels for a reason.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltraDork
12/5/12 11:02 p.m.

Oh what's that? My fleet fuel card doesn't work? Oh, well thanks for the new one. Oh wait this one doesn't work either. Oh, let's try someone else's card. Wait, my PIN doesn't work. What? They disabled my PIN? Well let's get it reactivated. What? They can't? You need to get me a new one? Ok, now I have a new PIN with a temporary card, lets get some gas.

NEITHER THE NEW PIN OR TEMP CARD WORK AND ITS 8:30 AT NIGHT AND MY SUPERVISOR WON'T ANSWER THE DAMN PHONE AND I'M RUNNING ON FUMES AND I HAVE A BAG OF PORTILLO'S ON MY PASSENGER SEAT GETTING COLD THAT MY SICK WIFE WANTED FOR DINNER.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
12/6/12 8:00 a.m.
93EXCivic wrote: Old Navy used to have decent stuff. Now I won't go in there anymore.

This. Used to buy their polos, now they have that weird cut where they fit properly only if your arms are hanging straight down.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
12/6/12 8:24 a.m.

Coworker/intern has decided the world is against him, I think. One of the long-time materials handlers is (according to him) an undercover cop, and I wear a wire to monitor what he says (I haven't figured out who I'm working for yet). This morning he's ranting and raving about money missing from his wallet (which he feels the need to bring into work and leave in an unlocked desk drawer for hours at a time, sometimes unattended), and (he won't say it to my face but) he thinks its me.

Why the berkeley I'd take $13 from your wallet and leave $40 is beyond me. Everyone else is pretty sure he just spent it on something and doesn't remember (has happened before). Maybe someone IS actually snagging a few bills from him, but without any kind of evidence, there's nothing anyone can do about it.

I'm getting him a box of tinfoil as a Christmas/farewell gift.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
12/6/12 9:21 a.m.

In reply to JohnInKansas:

Those are the kinda people you gotta keep an eye on. Never know if that dude will flip a switch to crazy one day.

mtn
mtn PowerDork
12/6/12 9:32 a.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: Oh what's that? My fleet fuel card doesn't work? Oh, well thanks for the new one. Oh wait this one doesn't work either. Oh, let's try someone else's card. Wait, my PIN doesn't work. What? They disabled my PIN? Well let's get it reactivated. What? They can't? You need to get me a new one? Ok, now I have a new PIN with a temporary card, lets get some gas.

If somebody's mistake was stopping me (or my girlfriend) from enjoying my Portillo's, E36 M3 would be hitting the fan.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UberDork
12/6/12 9:32 a.m.

In reply to JohnInKansas:

You got a winner there with the paranoid schizophrenic.

dculberson
dculberson SuperDork
12/6/12 9:44 a.m.
Anti-stance wrote: In reply to JohnInKansas: Those are the kinda people you gotta keep an eye on. Never know if that dude will flip a switch to crazy one day.

Sounds like the switch has already been flipped. The only question is whether the "annoying / dangerous" switch will get thrown next.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
12/6/12 10:09 a.m.

Yep, I'd make sure HR is aware of it. We had one of those at the newspaper – boss used to just laugh and tell us to deal with it. Until one day she threatened to bring in the sword hanging over her fireplace and chop the publisher's head off. Publisher didn't laugh... she spent the night in jail.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
12/6/12 10:14 a.m.

Ditto the make HR (or someone) aware thing. The last thing you need is this guy showing up with some flavor of weapon with your name on it, since he's already positive you are wired to listen to him and swiped the $13 that does not look good.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
12/6/12 12:04 p.m.

I don't know how notifying HR that he's a fruitbat would protect me if he decides to make me a target, but plenty of higher-ups are aware of his delusions already.

As of now, he's decided that it wasn't me.

In other news, he's convinced that the "undecover cop" is after him on suspicion of using steroids (he's a big boy).

Bizarre. He'll be out of here in a couple of weeks. He's convinced he'll be back with a full-time position after graduation, but he's delusional on that count too.

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
12/6/12 5:54 p.m.

Give him the $13. I know you didn't steel it. Just say something like, "Hey, weren't you missing $13? I think I found it."

When he inevitably comes in with a flame thrower to torch the building, you can say, "Hey, wait a minute, we're friends. Remember? I found your missing money."

It'll buy time to make your escape.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
12/6/12 6:57 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: but the ONLY jeans i've been able to find in the last 8 years that fit me correctly are American Eagle Low Rise Slim Boot jeans
I feel like if something like that ever came out of my mouth I would have to stop and re-evaluate the whole path of life that led me to the "maculine cliff". You are a hair away from yoga pants, pedicures and show tunes. I suggest some Carhart pants and maybe inserting a pause between when an idea pops into your head and typing it out

I

Don't knock thm 'till you try them. I was surprised to see a pair of 6X yoga pants but damn if they aren't the most comfortable ones I own.

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
12/6/12 7:22 p.m.

oldtin
oldtin SuperDork
12/7/12 4:01 p.m.

White guy rant - berkeley you american airlines for trashing my favorite carry-on bag - then pointing to the sign about not your responsibility for breaking stuff.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/7/12 6:23 p.m.

I hate it when it works out that I get the same hour of Opie and Anthony on my drive home as I do on the drive in. I should have the timing down by now.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon HalfDork
12/7/12 6:35 p.m.

Coworker gets a well deserved promotion Monday. Someone else gets pissed because they didn't get said promotion. HR shows up at my workplace Wednesday to do an investigation on sexual harassment claims, said coworker gets E36 M3canned today. Pisses me off.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UberDork
12/9/12 8:48 a.m.

So, I jump on to my favorite NWS and "drag racing" site and just happen to click on the auto body subforum this morning.....

Berkeley you, you damn painters that can make a 5# pile of E36 M3 look like 25# of gold when you are done. I hate you.

Starting point:

Some of the in progress work:

Finished product:

1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 2016

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WumGV4vLH5yV7pmHUdkb2PXUkMfx68Xp2iJNNEHj7Q4yT5YcOTFy1b3fQThyhSXh