1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 2016
tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
12/18/12 2:21 p.m.
dculberson wrote:
tuna55 wrote: Calling me at work to scream at me for there being a mouse in the house the day after I was up all night simultaneously letting you sleep (holding cranky baby) and supporting a gas turbine installation will not make the mouse go away.
I guess I should not complain that my wife thinks they're cute and wants to use live traps on them instead of killing them. That's a lot better than freaking out about them.

Shall I call HenryC?

dculberson
dculberson SuperDork
12/18/12 3:16 p.m.
tuna55 wrote:
dculberson wrote:
tuna55 wrote: Calling me at work to scream at me for there being a mouse in the house the day after I was up all night simultaneously letting you sleep (holding cranky baby) and supporting a gas turbine installation will not make the mouse go away.
I guess I should not complain that my wife thinks they're cute and wants to use live traps on them instead of killing them. That's a lot better than freaking out about them.
Shall I call HenryC?

[reference lost on me]

mtn
mtn PowerDork
12/18/12 4:17 p.m.

Your hours say 9-5. So, please tell me, why is it that when I come in at 4:45, you have locked up? 3 days in a row. Don't get mad at me when I call you to confirm either. I'm paying you to be there. So be there. Thank you.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
12/18/12 4:19 p.m.

Ol' HenryC was/is a mouse lover troll who hates glue traps.

easycreeper
easycreeper New Reader
12/18/12 5:03 p.m.

In reply to JohnInKansas & dinger: So it's like that everywhere? Well now, that makes me feel a bit better. Oh wait, I'm supposed to be ranting...

Sincerely, Yet Another Rabid Engineer

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
12/18/12 8:20 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: You motherberkeleyers in charge of re-arranging the goddamn grocery isles! Stop hiding the berkeleying coffee. Hide the pasta or some other E36 M3 I won't jack you up over at 6:45 AM when it isn't where it was last week. Thanks

I'm one of the minions that do this. Sorry. We hate this E36 M3, too.

Manager dude, I know this is a marketing thing, but could you limit this to once a month. We've changed the layout in Meat 6 berkeleying times in 4 weeks. Jesus Christ! When asked, hell, even I don't know were things are.

It makes me, my department, and yes, your store look bad.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UberDork
12/18/12 8:26 p.m.
Appleseed wrote:
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote: You motherberkeleyers in charge of re-arranging the goddamn grocery isles! Stop hiding the berkeleying coffee. Hide the pasta or some other E36 M3 I won't jack you up over at 6:45 AM when it isn't where it was last week. Thanks
I'm one of the minions that do this. Sorry. We hate this E36 M3, too. Manager dude, I know this is a marketing thing, but could you limit this to once a month. We've changed the layout in Meat 6 berkeleying times in 4 weeks. Jesus Christ! When asked, hell, even I don't know were things are. It makes me, my department, and yes, your store look bad.

Say wha?? You mean weekly, almost DAILY, POG changes aren't just restricted to the dumb motherberkeleyers at Advance corporate???? :shocked:

corytate
corytate SuperDork
12/18/12 8:44 p.m.

Dear T__ Motorsports,
I ordered camber bolts two weeks ago.
I received my notice that they were processing, and then, around the time I would be expecting them to arrive, I received an email from paypal that I received a refund from the company.
I never received an email from the company about any order problems.
I ordered them when I did because I berkeleying needed them.
The least you could have done was email me that they were out of stock or whatever happened. I would have been perfectly understanding.
I emailed your customer service asking what happened and that I did not cancel my order nor did I hear anything from them abotu the order getting cancelled.
I never heard back.

Sincerely,
Someone who will never shop on your site again. Ever.

wbjones
wbjones UltraDork
12/18/12 9:07 p.m.

do they list a phone # ... ? sometimes the old fashioned way works so much better

corytate
corytate SuperDork
12/18/12 10:08 p.m.
wbjones wrote: do they list a phone # ... ? sometimes the old fashioned way works so much better

the fact that they have been emailing me with discount codes and a bunch of other bs in the interim leads me to believe they use their email a lot
honestly, if someone bought something from me online, and the only way I had of getting in contact with them was through email, I do believe I would email them if I cancelled their order, at least to explain why.

wbjones
wbjones UltraDork
12/19/12 7:56 a.m.

I agree ... but since they aren't answering your e-mails .... I'd at least try the direct method ... but I'm very old fashioned

mtn
mtn PowerDork
12/19/12 8:56 a.m.

Dear ebay seller: A loose brace, separating headstock veneer, deep scratch, and various finish flaws from stickers that were stupidly placed and then later removed, cannot be described as "good condition".

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
12/19/12 11:34 a.m.

Damn it, why does the transmission have to take a dump the day before we're supposed to get snow?

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
12/19/12 11:36 a.m.
dculberson wrote:
tuna55 wrote:
dculberson wrote:
Shall I call HenryC?
[reference lost on me]

Got 'em yesterday. SNAP! Henry would be proud, he avoided the 9 glue traps and went for one of the 13 snappers.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
12/20/12 10:46 a.m.

... why did I feel the need to come in to work today? Entirely too slick/icy/snowy to be out in a 2WD ranger with crap tires and 200lbs in the back. Wife made it to ten miles to work okay, dropped me off, wrecked it a quarter mile from home. Not sure what she hit, she wasn't interested in talking about it at the moment. Too pissed at me for insisting that I go to work.

She's okay. Should have been at really low speed, she was in town. I'm not sure if she was saying she was on her way up the hill, or if she was trying to make the corner to start up the hill, but slid off and hit something. Apparently was bad enough that she walked home rather than dealing with it. Dunno if it'll run or if its just stuck.

Hopefully just stuck, we can't handle another out of commission vehicle.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UberDork
12/20/12 1:25 p.m.

I PHUCKING HATE CHOCOLATE!

Dipping peanut butter balls all by myself. GRRRR... Then I have to make bourbon balls, but for me, I can eat them naked.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
12/20/12 1:32 p.m.
Ranger50 wrote:
Appleseed wrote:
I'm one of the minions that do this. Sorry. We hate this E36 M3, too. Manager dude, I know this is a marketing thing, but could you limit this to once a month. We've changed the layout in Meat 6 berkeleying times in 4 weeks. Jesus Christ! When asked, hell, even I don't know were things are. It makes me, my department, and yes, your store look bad.
Say wha?? You mean weekly, almost DAILY, POG changes aren't just restricted to the dumb motherberkeleyers at Advance corporate???? :shocked:

I understand the marketing need need to continually shuffle things so the mouse will pass all kinds of impulse buy cheese, but the (rhymes with Rublix) near my old house did this so often I quit going in there. Damn that was aggravating.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltraDork
12/20/12 5:13 p.m.

Dear designers of headlights in every automotive manufacturer in the world: When I become king, the penalty for designing a headlamp that takes more than three minutes to change the bulb is summary execution. There will be bands of gun-toting mechanics roaming the halls. Beware.

For those select few in the halls of power in Europe, when the front bumper has to come off to access the screws holding the headlamp in, you will be placed in concentration camps of the strictest regieme until you have been starved to 1/3 of your original weight, at which time non-essential portions of your body will be removed, and the bleeding stumps cauterised until half of your remaining weight has been removed. Then I will personally shoot you in the head, giggling the entire time.

corytate
corytate SuperDork
12/20/12 7:08 p.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote: For those select few in the halls of power in Europe, when the front bumper has to come off to access the screws holding the headlamp in, you will be placed in concentration camps of the strictest regieme until you have been starved to 1/3 of your original weight,

nissan does this too=/

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/21/12 9:48 p.m.

Dear Fellow Travelers,

I know you have a lot on your mind this holiday season what with last minute shopping. Do us all a favor, when you stick the key in the ignition, forget about that next item you just have to purchase and pay attention to your driving. At least 5 of you neglected to do that this afternoon and it absolutely BERKELEYED up traffic for the rest of us. Sitting in traffic for two hours to make a 20 minute trip doesn't do much to put people in the holiday mood. Get your berkeleying head in the game.

Thanks so much.

chknhwk
chknhwk HalfDork
12/23/12 4:45 p.m.
tuna55 wrote:
dculberson wrote:
Shall I call HenryC?

Pfffft. My wife went out and bought a hamster cage for the little berkeleyer. Thank god it escaped.

I hate when people eat my leftovers that I was planning to take to work because I'll be there for sixteen hours overnight and at 3am (even in Boston) it's difficult to find somebody that will deliver food. Because, you know, I'm kind of stuck in dispatch and can't leave.

corytate
corytate SuperDork
12/23/12 7:00 p.m.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh
I was really looking forward to filming again.
Hyped everyone up about it, got my usb to 4pin firewire cable, SONY DOESN'T DO USB FOR THIS MODEL!
WTF?!
Nobody makes a laptop with a firewire port, or with an open pci slot (this is what I did for my previous HP (they changed their name about 5 years ago from Hewlett Packard to Huge Pile). I really want to keep using this camera because it is equally impossible to find a camcorder with a manual focus ring, but I have no way to capture footage.
Very pissed.

Sput
Sput Reader
12/23/12 7:18 p.m.

Dear wife - your son is 26 years old and has his own life. If he doesn't want to be here for Christmas day and instead has his own group of friends to spend the day with, he won't be here. It's called growing up and moving out. DEAL WITH IT!

corytate
corytate SuperDork
12/23/12 7:47 p.m.

Do you have any idea how annoying it is to have a non working "c" key on your phone keyboard during christmas? especially when your name starts with a c, your wife's name starts with a c, your dog's name starts with a c, etc etc.
it's amazing how much the letter c is used. Think about it.

fasted58
fasted58 UberDork
12/23/12 7:51 p.m.
corytate wrote: Do you have any idea how annoying it is to have a non working "c" key on your phone keyboard during christmas? especially when your name starts with a c, your wife's name starts with a c, your dog's name starts with a c, etc etc. it's amazing how much the letter c is used. Think about it.

I ouldn't funtion like that

1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 2016

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TlZxUq9n4zQqZm8MoYOsugLhPTcSp8CKWDWbA4XYK1FbmZe1LKijXHXDyraA5n7i