1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 2016
corytate
corytate SuperDork
12/23/12 8:29 p.m.
fasted58 wrote:
corytate wrote: Do you have any idea how annoying it is to have a non working "c" key on your phone keyboard during christmas? especially when your name starts with a c, your wife's name starts with a c, your dog's name starts with a c, etc etc. it's amazing how much the letter c is used. Think about it.
I ouldn't funtion like that

it's horrible! I an't even say my favorite expletive! it suks!

Anti-stance
Anti-stance SuperDork
12/23/12 8:51 p.m.

berkeleying dogs and their owners. Is 10pm the time to start playing with your retarded fury four legged friend? How about being considerate of other people you dumbberkeley.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/23/12 9:00 p.m.

Stupid Christmas cookies. Why do you have to be so tasty?

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/24/12 12:07 a.m.

berkeleying holidays!

Wife is stressed at work because everyone is rushing to get their surgeries done before the end of the year.

Her parents had a huge fight 2 weeks ago, with threats of violence, etc. result? Emergency flight to Kalifornia to calm E36 M3 down. $1000 down the drain that we didn't have to spend. Fixed their berkeleying computer while I was there, because that's all I'm good for apparently. berkeleying Tech Support for their electronics.

Then last week, her parents were burgled. Lost about $30-50K in overpriced luxury crap that insurance will only cover $10K of. Great. Of course the biggest loss is the feeling of safety and security.

Wife has been running around pleasing her friends and family for a week, she finally hit the wall today and now there's no energy left for our celebrations. Now I get to spend hours trying to work the knots out her shoulders so that maybe she'll be functional enough to maybe do something together tomorrow after running around pleasing more friends and family.

At this point, I'd like to tell everyone to get berkeleyed, climb in a hole and pull it in around us. Next year, we're going someplace, just the two of us.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
12/26/12 11:53 a.m.

Since when does full time mean 25-35 hours a week? berkeley that!

turboswede
12/26/12 12:33 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: Since when does full time mean 25-35 hours a week? berkeley that!

Since companies figured out that they can work people up to 35 hours per week and not provide them fully paid health benefits.

Appleseed
Appleseed PowerDork
12/26/12 10:11 p.m.

Like mother-berkeleyin' Sam's Club. Berk that!

turboswede
12/26/12 10:43 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: Like mother-berkeleyin' Sam's Club. Berk that!

Well, Wal-Mart didnt start the trend, but they certainly use the heck out of it. Since Sam's Club is their way of making you pay for the privelege of shopping with them it would make sense they use the same policies. In fact other companies are looking for ways to compete with Wal-Mart on price, so they are following similar polices (K-Mart, Sears and Target for example).

Conquest351
Conquest351 SuperDork
12/27/12 11:18 a.m.

Why the berkeley do people give you their cell phone or work phone numbers when they do not answer, or have their voicemail full, or better yet not even set up. The work numbers prompt you to enter an extension but if you don't have that, then you try to get an operator or dial a random extension, you get attitude from the person answering. When I ask you for the BEST NUMBER TO REACH YOU AT TODAY, you had better give be the best berkeleying number to reach you at and it had better berkeleying work. If it doesn't, then do not bitch and complain that I didn't call you. I tried shiny happy person, but you didn't give me the correct information.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
12/27/12 11:31 a.m.
turboswede wrote:
N Sperlo wrote: Since when does full time mean 25-35 hours a week? berkeley that!
Since companies figured out that they can work people up to 35 hours per week and not provide them fully paid health benefits.

Actually, they offered full benefits at a low rate. I'll give them that. They just didn't mention to my wife the amount of hours until she quit her other job. I think she's better off there anyway. I'm just a little pissed over the issue. 35 hours would be fine.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
12/27/12 11:39 a.m.

"No dear. I don't give a E36 M3 if they need your help. I don't see them knocking down the door when we need help. Besides, I'm on vacation . . .you know the one that I missed this year"

Asshat "friends and family members" . . .

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
12/27/12 11:44 a.m.
turboswede wrote:

The best part about it is that depending on which state you live in, they'll consider 30-32 hours a week "full time," but that still doesn't legally require them to provide benefits.

It's so stupid.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
12/27/12 12:02 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
turboswede wrote:
The best part about it is that depending on which state you live in, they'll consider 30-32 hours a week "full time," but that still doesn't legally require them to provide benefits. It's so stupid.

That's really what pisses me off about the whole thing. Here in GA there is no legal difference between "full time" and "part time". A worker is a worker. A manager decides he doesn't like you one day, and you can go from getting 35-40 a week to 5-10 in no time flat.

oldtin
oldtin UltraDork
12/31/12 11:55 a.m.

Cheap ass bathroom vanity. You looked really nice even though I knew you were built poorly - just didn't realize that stepping on what should have been a solidly supported edge while fixing the ceiling would have resulted in your plastic/marble top shattering, so now I'll have to buy a good version of you that is going to set the race car budget back. berkeley you cheap asian products and berkeley me for thinking they are somehow actually cheaper, but mostly berkeley you cheap asian products.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/31/12 11:59 a.m.

Stupid me for accidently buying stupid 30 gallon trash bags that dont fit stupid 32 gallon cans.

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
1/2/13 9:36 a.m.

Curse you congress!!! I get all "well since we're all going over the fiscal cliff the stocks will all tank, so I'll sell my huge portfolio ($2000 maybe) and ride it out and buy it all back after it drops"

Then they pass some stopgap crap steaming pile of manure and the DJI rallies like we just discovered perpetual motion. Jerks.

oldtin
oldtin UltraDork
1/2/13 10:44 a.m.

Local grocery store hyping new lower prices...So, you've been ripping your customers off until some competition showed up? Oh, new strategy is lower the prices, but no sale items - in effect taking a price increase on a lot of stuff - also cut the number of items/selections available. Net result, lower pricing = higher grocery bill. Right up there with 96oz "gallon" bottles of OJ, 1.5 quarts of ice cream and other bad profit ideas. Get off my lawn! Speaking of - snow plow truck once again runs over the curb on the lawn. You're getting spikes some day - seriously - get off my lawn.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
1/2/13 10:46 a.m.

All of these damn 1st gen MX6 GTs keep falling in my lap. I was just offered another one that's pretty much injectors and a pump away from 300whp for dirt cheap and i really don't want it for myself.

And i don't feel like parting another car out at the moment, i have another MX6 GT i'm parting right now.

Strizzo
Strizzo UberDork
1/2/13 10:54 a.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
turboswede wrote:
The best part about it is that depending on which state you live in, they'll consider 30-32 hours a week "full time," but that still doesn't legally require them to provide benefits. It's so stupid.
That's really what pisses me off about the whole thing. Here in GA there is no legal difference between "full time" and "part time". A worker is a worker. A manager decides he doesn't like you one day, and you can go from getting 35-40 a week to 5-10 in no time flat.

according to the new obamacare the difference between full time and part time is 25 hours. they "thought" that this would mean that more people would have to be provided insurance through their jobs, but instead most companies have decided instead to cut hours and still not give any healthcare benefits.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UberDork
1/2/13 11:01 a.m.
Strizzo wrote: according to the new obamacare the difference between full time and part time is 25 hours. they "thought" that this would mean that more people would have to be provided insurance through their jobs, but instead most companies have decided instead to cut hours and still not give any healthcare benefits.

You would think they would learn about their consequences of "good intentions".....

wbjones
wbjones UberDork
1/2/13 11:31 a.m.
tuna55 wrote: Curse you congress!!! I get all "well since we're all going over the fiscal cliff the stocks will all tank, so I'll sell my huge portfolio ($2000 maybe) and ride it out and buy it all back after it drops" Then they pass some stopgap crap steaming pile of manure and the DJI rallies like we just discovered perpetual motion. Jerks.

most people loose out when they try to time the market ... best bet, usually, is just ride it out ... stay for the long haul .... only get out if you can't take the hit ( needing to use the money before it would have a chance to recover )

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
1/2/13 12:59 p.m.

Another (probably re-post) grocery store rant:

Dear (local grocery store we've done almost all of our shopping with for the last two years),

While it is frustrating to me as a shopper when you rearrange your products, I understand that you're doing it in an attempt to make me buy things I wouldn't normally have seen, let alone bought. However, it really irks me when you rearrange your products and put them in multiple places in the store so I can't efficiently shop for good deals. I don't want to make 3 trips back and forth across the store to check prices on tortillas, thankyouverymuch. My last shopping experience with you was truly infuriating, and I will take my business elsewhere in future.

Good day to you.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
1/2/13 1:11 p.m.

Sometimes that long haul investment thing will bite. I had one fund, now closed and transferred, which regularly would lose 30% of its value, then struggle back up. Sometimes it would take off like a rocket, but for some odd reason it could never get past my 'vested amount' before it would tank again. BUT- the investment company clipped me for fees every quarter. Bastiges. The last time this happened, I waited for it to hit the historical 'crash point', then yanked it out and put it in another fund which doesn't have as high a return but it's steady and there are no fees.

In their online automated portfolio recommendations this company said they recommended the one fund that's had a negative return 6 of the past 10 years. >:-( I was born at night but it wasn't last night.

So damn you investment bankers who urge me toward funds that are designed to blow up in my face but put $ in your pocket. Bastiges.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/2/13 1:24 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: All of these damn 1st gen MX6 GTs keep falling in my lap. I was just offered another one that's pretty much injectors and a pump away from 300whp for dirt cheap and i really don't want it for myself. And i don't feel like parting another car out at the moment, i have another MX6 GT i'm parting right now.

And I can't find even one when I am looking.

colaboy
colaboy New Reader
1/2/13 2:42 p.m.

Damn you internet for sucking up all of my productive work time! Seriously, I got things to do.....

1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 2016

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IpoeIPN5xCXv3wWnLAbJPkRNaPOTCThW2ltSh7W2CaM56G67SnyVB4LcSq1SFjdN