1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 2016
corytate
corytate SuperDork
1/2/13 6:42 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: All of these damn 1st gen MX6 GTs keep falling in my lap. I was just offered another one that's pretty much injectors and a pump away from 300whp for dirt cheap and i really don't want it for myself. And i don't feel like parting another car out at the moment, i have another MX6 GT i'm parting right now.

I'll take it=]

fritzsch
fritzsch Reader
1/2/13 6:52 p.m.

I used to use my duffel bag for my supplies for autocross, bit of extra oil, tools, water, etc. A bottle leaked and soaked it in oil so I threw it away. As luck would have it, I need that bag for a trip. Maybe I can use a garbage bag as a suitcase.

corytate
corytate SuperDork
1/2/13 7:46 p.m.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
I forgot to call up and cancel my sirius subscription before it auto-renewed at the normal rate. Every six months I go through the routine of cancelling, then waiting a day or two (sometimes during the cancelling call lol) to get another great offer (like $25/6 months). This time, the date snuck up on me, and I got hit with the full amount for 6 months, which apparently is a hundred berkeleying dollars!
Great, since my snap on bill came out today, I now have -$55 in my checking account=/
Have I said before how much I hate living check to check?

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
1/3/13 8:37 a.m.

The Bug-aru build is so close I can taste it, sort of like right before you throw up.

There is one wire that runs from the ECU to the starter solenoid, and then to the ignition switch "start" position. Each has its own wire, and for the sake of having easy-to-remove modular harnesses, I don't want to splice the engine harness to the body harness. So I need two male spades where I only have one (at the solenoid). I could try and start it with a temporary band-aid fix, but I'd just as soon do it right.

So I'm waiting on delivery of a $0.20 electrical terminal so I can test an engine swap which I've invested ~$1200 in.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
1/3/13 9:12 a.m.

Apple,

Why must you make a different charge cable then anyone else to charge your stupid phone which about a billion dollars no matter who makes it and then falls about 2 weeks later?

end rant/ I do really like my iPhone and it is the only phone that has lasted more then 1.5 years in my ownership but the cord pisses me off.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
1/3/13 10:25 a.m.

The WHOLE hellaflush movement...........its gay.

Case in point

We are dealing with a whole new kind of retard here.......step 1, acquire taurus......step 2, join the forum complaining about the lack of any "stance" support......step 3, add sawblades.......step 4, as normal, post pictures of too low to use for anything.

According to these 4 steps, this guy is a complete retard and proof the hellaflush movement is stupid

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
1/3/13 10:28 a.m.
EvanB wrote:
Swank Force One wrote: All of these damn 1st gen MX6 GTs keep falling in my lap. I was just offered another one that's pretty much injectors and a pump away from 300whp for dirt cheap and i really don't want it for myself. And i don't feel like parting another car out at the moment, i have another MX6 GT i'm parting right now.
And I can't find even one when I am looking.

You want it? It needs work, it's leaking pretty much everything, and the exhaust is poking out of the hood.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
1/3/13 12:42 p.m.

If I call and you agree sell something to me at your asking price, I procure a trailer, take time off, and call you to say I'm on the way . . . Telling me it may already be sold will not make me a happy person.

Ugh. . . I hate CL sellers.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
1/3/13 1:07 p.m.

I'm a rather stoic person. Quit thinking I'm pissed at you. In addition, shut up and listen before we do it kindergarten style.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
1/3/13 1:12 p.m.

In reply to N Sperlo:

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/3/13 1:19 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
EvanB wrote:
And I can't find even one when I am looking.
You want it? It needs work, it's leaking pretty much everything, and the exhaust is poking out of the hood.

Sounds like my Peugeot except for the exhaust sticking out of the hood. I do want it but probably shouldn't.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
1/3/13 1:36 p.m.

Well, the leaking is the bulk of the work needed i think. It runs a little weird, but it's just a sensor issue that i could track down pretty easily.

I have a few FCONs laying around that could take care of getting it to INSANE power levels.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron PowerDork
1/3/13 2:00 p.m.
yamaha wrote: The WHOLE hellaflush movement...........its gay. Case in point

No. That is not gay. A gay man would not be caught dead driving something like that.

mtn
mtn PowerDork
1/3/13 2:16 p.m.
Beer Baron wrote:
yamaha wrote: The WHOLE hellaflush movement...........its gay. Case in point
No. That is not gay. A gay man would not be caught dead driving something like that.

You've clearly never met my friend Phil.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
1/3/13 2:23 p.m.

The sad thing is, that guy spent all the time and effort......I'm almost positive its not even an inch lower than my '91. You can't get these too low without reverting to 15's.....

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
1/4/13 10:56 a.m.

Minor rant:

If you call looking me looking for parts, you don't put me on hold to talk to someone else. Just call me back.

I've been listening to this guy's conversation with someone else for the last 10 minutes

wbjones
wbjones UberDork
1/4/13 2:49 p.m.

I hang up on people when they do that to me

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic HalfDork
1/4/13 3:15 p.m.

GM

Why did you put the E36 M3tiest intake system of all time on one of the best motors you ever built?

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
1/4/13 3:22 p.m.

HAHAHAHA!!!!!

You own a Ferrari and you're gonna haggle me for $2.00? Come on man, this is what I should be doing about my CIVIC parts!

Flight Service
Flight Service UberDork
1/4/13 4:19 p.m.
Kenny_McCormic wrote: GM Why did you put the E36 M3tiest intake system of all time on one of the best motors you ever built?

GM didn't build the MB OM617.952. But they did put the intake on the engine in the most unreliable vehicle ever! (Enter former Buick Aluminum V8 now the Rover V8)

My ESP is going off on Kenny McCormic's next rant "Trolls on GRM Forums"

Flight Service
Flight Service UberDork
1/4/13 4:22 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: HAHAHAHA!!!!! You own a Ferrari and you're gonna haggle me for $2.00? Come on man, this is what I should be doing about my CIVIC parts!

We actually had a guy who does buisness with us haggle over $2K on the price of 4 units he was buying,

while we were standing in his personal airplane hanger,

next to his plane,

and jet,

and 2 helicopters.

His second in command said, "Maybe we should have done this back at the office and not at your personal hanger sir."

mazdeuce
mazdeuce HalfDork
1/4/13 4:27 p.m.

berkeleying squirrels ate my extension cord that runs to the electric fencer that provides the only incentive for my dog to stay in the yard. When she stays in the yard she chases the squirrels all day. It seriously looks like the squirrels are trying to let my dog get out so they can have some peace.

Flight Service
Flight Service UberDork
1/4/13 4:33 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: berkeleying squirrels ate my extension cord that runs to the electric fencer that provides the only incentive for my dog to stay in the yard. When she stays in the yard she chases the squirrels all day. It seriously looks like the squirrels are trying to let my dog get out so they can have some peace.

corytate
corytate SuperDork
1/5/13 4:54 p.m.

I hate having to rely on other people for tow vehicles. I really need to buy another trooper, a diesel truck, something.
Looks like I'm losing out on the mr2 because people don't answer their berkeleying phone when you call them eight times to coordinate something.
c'est la vie, life goes on.

Flight Service
Flight Service UberDork
1/5/13 5:12 p.m.

Where is said lost MR2?

1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 2016

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
axcoCEnhXoQOCtVOIcDrJZwSwXdjOGH9dasEXThI9prtmQCxW12bS5igrXlGm0YU