1 ... 496 497 498 499 500 ... 2012
Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
7/15/16 6:58 p.m.

berkeley you VW dealer, you underhanded cacksucker, and VW you too for being a worthless sack of E36 M3.

All I wanted was 4 tires. Not 4 tires and a recall. That recall is now costing me 5mpgs..... shiny happy people.

I'll be glad when this piece of E36 M3 is bought back....

Nick (picaso) Comstock
Nick (picaso) Comstock UltimaDork
7/15/16 7:36 p.m.

Man I'm feeling it. The world is wearing on me.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/16/16 11:17 a.m.

took my nieces to Ocean City's boardwalk the other day. It was a fine day to be at the shore.. except when we went to the rides. I was disappointed to see the same rides there from when I was a tot.. and most of them are broken in some way. All that and it costs a fortune to ride them!

mad_machine
7/17/16 8:51 a.m.

two things:

Just because you are from out of state and down "the shore" for vacation does not mean you leave your brains at home.

Yesterday I was on the Atlantic City Expressway and almost ran over a car that went from 70mph to 20 to let a car in on an acceleration ramp. There is a reason it is called an acceleration ramp, they speed up to merge, you do not need to almost stop to let them in.. especially when you almost cause a chain reaction accident because you made a dozen or more cars get HARD on the brakes to avoid rear ending you.

Second: If you get pulled over by the cops... PULL OVER! Getting "lit up" does not mean stopping in the middle of traffic! It is dangerous, blocks the flow of traffic, and puts the cops in a bad situation.. something they do not enjoy and I am sure will be happy to express to you with every infraction they can throw at you for doing it

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
7/17/16 9:11 a.m.

The past few years I've noticed more and more people trying to get on the interstate at 40 mph. I've used the breakdown lane to go around several cars doing 30 or so. It's bad enough that there are a few onramps I refuse to go near because of this. It hasn't always been this way, so WTF morons?

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/17/16 10:00 a.m.
mad_machine wrote: two things: Just because you are from out of state and down "the shore" for vacation does not mean you leave your brains at home. Yesterday I was on the Atlantic City Expressway and almost ran over a car that went from 70mph to 20 to let a car in on an acceleration ramp. There is a reason it is called an acceleration ramp, they speed up to merge, you do not need to almost stop to let them in.. especially when you almost cause a chain reaction accident because you made a dozen or more cars get HARD on the brakes to avoid rear ending you. Second: If you get pulled over by the cops... PULL OVER! Getting "lit up" does not mean stopping in the middle of traffic! It is dangerous, blocks the flow of traffic, and puts the cops in a bad situation.. something they do not enjoy and I am sure will be happy to express to you with every infraction they can throw at you for doing it

The Pid People are out in force in Cleveland. I got cut off THREE times yesterday on my way home, from out of state people where apparently turn signal use is forbidden and mirror checking is an unknown art.

One the way south yesterday morning, it was a parade of tour buses going north. I counted TWENTY of one tour bus line, driving in formation. Probably 50-60 tour buses in all.

I'm wonderin' if maybe I'd be better off just taking an impromptu vacation for, oh, the next week or so.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/17/16 10:13 a.m.

Tomorrow is one of my least favorite days of the year. It is my birthday. This usually means I'm drinking combatively in the dark alone, and I'm good with that. Not this year. On top of having the baby coming over at night, meaning I must stay reasonable, I have to attend my great aunts funeral in the morning. So on top of a nice healthy dose of religion(Catholic, my knees hurt already) I get to see my piece of E36 M3 uncle and his worthless j crew family, and pretend to be nice to everyone. While pretending he isn't stealing my inheritance and acting like I care about his feelings.

I am not cut out for this level of sugar coating and bullE36 M3. Not anymore. I might just stay drinking tonight so maybe I'm too out of it to jump down his throat in the morning, but my great aunt deserves more respect than that.

I've never met a group of people I despise more than family. Die hard super hardcore politically or religiously aligned people are close, but my family really takes the cake.

At least I don't have Facebook anymore, so that's a plus. No thousand notifications from people I haven't seen since preschool pretending they give a E36 M3.

I'll make it through another homicidal rage inducing birthday, just to get ready to become genocidal again come thanksgiving when all the Christmas E36 M3 starts coming around. Oh wait, it's almost August, that means Lowe's and home depot are starting Christmas soon. berkeleying E36 M3.

Well, the smoker is lit, might as well start drinking.

Jumper K. Balls
Jumper K. Balls UberDork
7/17/16 1:37 p.m.

Why are all lawn mowers designed around a 5'6" user? As a person of the more average 6' stature I am constantly stooping while mowing. This kills my back after an hour and makes me hate the task even more than I already do.

If the missus would relent I would pave the whole front lawn and setup cones.

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo UltimaDork
7/17/16 2:20 p.m.
Knurled wrote: The Pid People are out in force in Cleveland. I got cut off THREE times yesterday on my way home, from out of state people where apparently turn signal use is forbidden and mirror checking is an unknown art. One the way south yesterday morning, it was a parade of tour buses going north. I counted TWENTY of one tour bus line, driving in formation. Probably 50-60 tour buses in all. I'm wonderin' if maybe I'd be better off just taking an impromptu vacation for, oh, the next week or so.

You live in/around Cleveland? Yeah, 6-7 days should cover it.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
7/17/16 2:47 p.m.

Just drove 2 hours to get a mazdaspeed rear sway bar off a car the guy is parting out. Told him specifically what I was coming fir. He agreed to hold it. Get there, and the guy had already sold it.

I hate craigslist.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/17/16 3:31 p.m.

You should have said thanks by doing donuts in his lawn.

mad_machine
7/17/16 8:05 p.m.

one more day.. My sister goes home on Tuesday after a month long stay and we can get back to what passes for normal around here. This means relaxing, getting my intestines back in order and letting mom finally quit smoking.

Things were just getting to that point when she decided to visit after school got out. My mom was down to three cigs a day.. and because my sister smokes like a train, is back up to a full pack a day.

My intestines are so bad, I was considering a trip back to the gastroenterologist... but as I know the cause, it will not take much to calm them down.

basically, she is so bipolar you have to watch everything you do, everything you say, and anything you bring into the house incase she triggers, goes completely manic, and ballistic. I just cannot wait..

And it does not help that I am a night owl who rarely gets to bed before 1am and she is up at 4 and ready to go!

Rufledt
Rufledt UltraDork
7/17/16 8:17 p.m.

A little while ago I built a folding workbench for my garage. I was using that workbench to build another one tonight. So far i have been using 2x4's that i found in this house when i moved in. At 8:05 i used the last 2x4. Home depot and lowes both close at 8. crap.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
7/17/16 8:38 p.m.

GM virtual VE tuning still sucks E36 M3. Especially when there isn't any terminology explanations for jack E36 M3 and what they do.

Now to just fix the 10mph buckboard I have going on.....

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
7/18/16 12:44 p.m.

Grammar rant: I'm getting tired of people leaving words out of their posts, saying things like carburetors need cleaned or transmission needs fixed. It doesn't take much more effort to include "to be" in the sentence.

Also, all the threads starting with "Learn me..."

Stefan (Not Bruce)
Stefan (Not Bruce) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/18/16 12:48 p.m.
stuart in mn wrote: Grammar rant: I'm getting tired of people leaving words out of their posts, saying things like carburetors need cleaned or transmission needs fixed. It doesn't take much more effort to include "to be" in the sentence. Also, all the threads starting with "Learn me..."

I agree.

However, the "Learn Me" thing is meant as a joke. I would take it as such and not get too worked up aboot it.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
7/18/16 12:56 p.m.

out of money. Again.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/18/16 1:04 p.m.
stuart in mn wrote: Grammar rant: I'm getting tired of people leaving words out of their posts, saying things like carburetors need cleaned or transmission needs fixed. It doesn't take much more effort to include "to be" in the sentence. Also, all the threads starting with "Learn me..."

That IS proper grammar in central PA .

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/18/16 2:12 p.m.
stuart in mn wrote: Grammar rant: I'm getting tired of people leaving words out of their posts, saying things like carburetors need cleaned or transmission needs fixed. It doesn't take much more effort to include "to be" in the sentence.

Linguists have found this to be a widespread new midwestern trait...doesn't really bother me though.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltraDork
7/18/16 5:54 p.m.

Just got back from the hospital where a friend of mine is in recovery from surgery. His wife is still in surgery but expected to survive. Yesterday they were riding along on their Harley when a truck turned left across their path. They got a helicopter ride to the university trauma center out of it and they will both feel the effects of this wreck for the rest of their lives.

Last month we lost a friend and co-worker. As he rode to work a car clipped him and down he went on I-75. He lasted almost 4 days before succumbing to internal injuries.

Both experienced, sober, adult riders. Neither crash was their fault. Doesn't change the results.

mad_machine
7/18/16 6:52 p.m.

sorry Ky.. that sucks big time.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/18/16 6:58 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote:
stuart in mn wrote: Grammar rant: I'm getting tired of people leaving words out of their posts, saying things like carburetors need cleaned or transmission needs fixed. It doesn't take much more effort to include "to be" in the sentence.
Linguists have found this to be a widespread new midwestern trait...doesn't really bother me though.

I'm a second-generation grammar Nazi and I don't find the lack of "to be" to be annoying.

Now, when people enunciate "of" in the place of "have", my eye twitches and things start to look reddish.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
7/18/16 8:49 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH: I always chuckle at the linguist word always expecting to see cunning in front of it.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
7/18/16 9:55 p.m.

I have to rant against myself....

I totaled up my receipts on the suburban fix, DoD/VVT deletes.... UGH is all I can say. But on the good side I have all the part numbers to do it again.

Nick (picaso) Comstock
Nick (picaso) Comstock UltimaDork
7/18/16 10:05 p.m.

It's better that I type the transmission needs fixed than how I pronounce it. Which is, "that trans needs a fixin".

1 ... 496 497 498 499 500 ... 2012

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
buWM5n0zbPY4bKdmMxCm5wKTDKqu4zXwk1V4pmyhI9lfVIk7R5eXBVMV9xbsA1QN