1 ... 503 504 505 506 507 ... 2012
KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltraDork
7/28/16 8:30 a.m.

Got up early this morning to herd the family into the burban for vacation time. Have nearly everything into the car and ready to roll when I notice oldest child (15) has started microwaving a lean cuisine.

The child has chosen the minute I told them we are planning to leave the house as the moment to cook a frozen shrimp alfredo diet meal. For breakfast!!

I'm going to remind her of this in a few years when her children do wacky things to drive her crazy.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/28/16 10:16 a.m.

I'm on the brink of officially regretting putting an ICE in my Corolla. The EV route had huge up-front costs but I'd be enjoying the car now instead of hunting down ultra-rare internals over some microscopic mishap.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/28/16 10:25 a.m.

Despite my best efforts (drinking lots of water, moving around more) my whole lower leg & foot continues to be annoyingly swollen when at work. Oddly it seemed to be at its best when I was driving around last night and hitting shops, alternating between walking and standing and driving.

So, I'm sitting here at my desk with the chair reclined way back and my right foot up on the desk so it's elevated. I look like I should have a beer in my hand and not like I'm actually working (well, OK I'm obviously not working right at this moment, but... )

mtn
mtn MegaDork
7/28/16 10:38 a.m.
Ashyukun wrote: Despite my best efforts (drinking lots of water, moving around more) my whole lower leg & foot continues to be annoyingly swollen when at work. Oddly it seemed to be at its best when I was driving around last night and hitting shops, alternating between walking and standing and driving. So, I'm sitting here at my desk with the chair reclined way back and my right foot up on the desk so it's elevated. I look like I should have a beer in my hand and not like I'm actually working (well, OK I'm obviously not working right at this moment, but... )

Can you stand at your desk? Alternate sitting and standing every 15-20 minutes, maybe take a walk around the floor when you do that.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
7/28/16 10:48 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: I'm on the brink of officially regretting putting an ICE in my Corolla. The EV route had huge up-front costs but I'd be enjoying the car now instead of hunting down ultra-rare internals over some microscopic mishap.

oh I want another EV like crazy time.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/28/16 11:46 a.m.

The worst part of this heatwave is that I've gone to Subway for lunch 2-3 days a week because it's the closest place to my post with A/C and a bathroom. When did the $5 footlong go to $8.29?

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/28/16 11:52 a.m.

In reply to Wall-e:

Shortly after the 11 inch foot long lawsuit, just before Jared got caught. Considering everything on the menu is made from turkey, it's ridiculous what they're getting away with price wise. (don't believe me? go read the fine print on their website)

I think it's funny over the course of a month they went from advertising $5 footlongs to $6 6"subs and a bag of chips being a special deal.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/28/16 3:22 p.m.

In reply to RevRico:

If everything is made of turkey they should have put a bit more effort into making the turkey I had taste more turkeyish. I don't care how hot it is tomorrow I'm venturing out for a proper sandwich.

daeman
daeman HalfDork
7/28/16 11:07 p.m.

Termites! berkeley you, you fickle little wood destroying pricks. Why couldnt you just entirely destroy a localized area? As opposed to a bit here, a bit there and oh hey, let's go and have a go at something over there...

I have a bad feeling costs are about to spiral out of control.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/29/16 6:14 a.m.
RevRico wrote: In reply to Wall-e: Shortly after the 11 inch foot long lawsuit, just before Jared got caught. Considering **everything** on the menu is made from turkey, it's ridiculous what they're getting away with price wise. (don't believe me? go read the fine print on their website)

None of the subs I get have turkey in them, unless they are using turkey steak, turkey ham, turkey eggs, or turkey chicken.

Or maybe the BREAD is turkey? Hmm... gluten-free and Atkins-friendly?

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/29/16 6:51 a.m.
Knurled wrote:
RevRico wrote: In reply to Wall-e: Shortly after the 11 inch foot long lawsuit, just before Jared got caught. Considering **everything** on the menu is made from turkey, it's ridiculous what they're getting away with price wise. (don't believe me? go read the fine print on their website)
None of the subs I get have turkey in them, unless they are using turkey steak, turkey ham, turkey eggs, or turkey chicken. Or maybe the BREAD is turkey? Hmm... gluten-free and Atkins-friendly?

According to the website the only sandwiches with turkey are the cold cut combo and turkey.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
7/29/16 7:36 a.m.

How about, as a supervisor, when drastically changing plans and schedule, you berkeleying notify people? Not give them a raft of E36 M3 for not having any clue what is going on.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/29/16 9:07 a.m.

In reply to EvanB:

I see they've updated things a good bit. It's been a while since I looked, subway just makes me sick. To be fair, I haven't looked since they talked about taking the yoga mat material out of the bread.

COLD CUT COMBO: Turkey Bologna: Mechanically separated turkey, water, contains less than 2% of: salt, corn syrup solids, potassium lactate, dextrose, sodium diacetate, sodium erythorbate, sodium nitrite, flavorings. Turkey Ham: Cured turkey thigh meat, salt, contains less than 2% of: potassium lactate, brown sugar, sodium tripolyphosphate, dextrose, sodium diacetate, sodium erythorbate, smoke flavor, sodium nitrite, water. Turkey Salami: Dark turkey, mechanically separated turkey, water, salt, contains less than 2% of: potassium lactate, sugar, sodium tripolyphosphate, dextrose, spice and flavorings, sodium diacetate, sodium erythorbate, smoke flavor, sodium nitrite.

I can admit when I'm wrong, just wish Google cache or internet archive would actually keep old pages like they're designed too(like the threads that aren't here anymore). Still lots of words that don't equal food though.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/29/16 1:32 p.m.
RevRico wrote: Still lots of words that don't equal food though.

Words is words. Precise words leave no doubt as to what it is.

Actual rant: Power went out. Only place with power was Burger King two miles up the road. Paid $9 for a Whopper and two large drinks, and my drink (a Coke) tastes like cinnamon and cleaning solution. It reminds me of the time I drank most of a bottle of Aftershock then hurled all over the bathroom. The Coke tastes like the hurl, not the Aftershock.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/29/16 2:53 p.m.

When did C4 Corvettes go up in price? In my search for something different I noticed that the $3500 cars of two years ago seem to be $8000 cars today.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
7/29/16 2:59 p.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: When did C4 Corvettes go up in price? In my search for something different I noticed that the $3500 cars of two years ago seem to be $8000 cars today.

I think it's because the C5 is now the new "Bubba Vette", so the C4 is starting to get past the bottom of the depreciation curve. Still doesn't mean they are worth any more to me. I still see some really cheap, but you're right, the driver grade ones seem to be going up, at least in asking price.

Stefan (Not Bruce)
Stefan (Not Bruce) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/29/16 2:59 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy:

When people started hearing about the Vette Kart.

Basically blame Roadkill.

WilD
WilD HalfDork
7/29/16 3:43 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy:

Every used car of any interest to enthusiasts seems to have gone up in price. I was actually thinking about posting a rant about that anyway, so here it goes. The neat cars are too dang expensive! All of them. Too expensive!

Edit: Ironic in light of the the above post, but I have been watching Roadkill on Netflix and it has re-kindled my desire for things that rumble and do smokey burnouts. That's part of why I was cruising CL for older muscle cars and arrived at my rant.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
7/29/16 4:47 p.m.

Dear PM mechanic kid, please stop using your cordless impact gun for every nut, bolt and screw that you touch.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/29/16 11:00 p.m.

Grrr. For SWMBO's non-profit's show about a month ago, we had someone (an alleged professional) recording the show with two different video cameras so we could put together a DVD of the show to sell and use as a promotional tool. At the last minute, on a whim, I quickly rigged up a way to hang my GoPro from the overhead rigging for what I hoped would be a cool overhead shot since some of the elements are more easily visible from above.

This evening I finally got the chance to look at the footage from the recordings by the 'pro'. The footage from my crappy knockoff GoPro looks significantly better and actually captures everything on the stage. Frustrating me more than that is the fact that when the camerawoman put the file from the show on the hard drive I gave her, she tried to split the files up somewhat by the different pieces in the show- and in the process cut off the first few beats of at least one of the songs, making the footage as it is completely unusable by me and meaning that we will have to spend another $15 or so to mail the drive back to her and get it mailed back. I would just say, "Berk it, we'll just use the GoPro footage." except that one of her cameras has a direct tap off the soundboard while the GoPro audio is unsurprisingly sub-par.

WildScotsRacing
WildScotsRacing HalfDork
7/29/16 11:16 p.m.

Why? Why did someone have to run over a skunk not 50 yards from my house? On a rediculously humid, windless night???

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/30/16 12:10 a.m.

every year the Borgata Tests our hearing to make sure the workplace is not affecting us badly. I was scheduled for 4:15 this afternoon.. at least on my "to do list". Last Tuesday (My Friday) I brought it up to my boss that my name was not on the Master list.. but was blown off.. so today I go down for the test.. no go. I am not on the list.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
7/30/16 12:53 a.m.

Dude drives 3+ hours to buy a built short block.
Is late, fine.
Immediately asks if I can drop $50 off the price because he had to give his buddy gas money, sorry buddy, no.
Starts waffling when he realizes that there is no warranty, like the link said.
Asks for time to think about it, says he'll text me in a little bit.
That was at 10:10 PM.
What the berkeley.

On a related note, if anyone needs a built Subaru 2.5 block, I know a guy.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
7/30/16 7:10 a.m.
WildScotsRacing wrote: Why? Why did someone have to run over a skunk not 50 yards from my house? On a rediculously humid, windless night???

LOL. I stuck my head out the back door last night to close the garage door and could swear I smelled skunk. Didn't find one, but I sometimes hear rummaging on my deck at night.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
7/30/16 7:57 a.m.

In reply to spitfirebill:

That's just pot heads.

1 ... 503 504 505 506 507 ... 2012

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UDxjhY1e7yJC1YK4Blf5m2hA9bfMkO1mxeVaUWSkM6RXa9x6wf3zSs2YlGIOkq8Q