1 ... 505 506 507 508 509 ... 2012
KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltraDork
8/2/16 11:26 p.m.

Teach me to tempt the fates. On vacation this week and over in another thread I had commented on the general well being of the Suburban. Then the right front caliper seized on me this afternoon and I got to spend a couple hours in the advance auto parking lot replacing the caliper and pads.

Let's hope that appeases the automotive gods....

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 HalfDork
8/3/16 7:46 a.m.

I was requested to put together tracks for a dirt bike trip this weekend, because I know the software best. Fine, no big deal, I don't mind doing it...but the tracks from the Michigan DNR are sectioned terribly and it turns what should be 40 tracks into well over a hundred. That I now need to piece together, and rename because they all just have numbers for names. There goes 4 hours that should have gone to prepping for China. It's like the DNR went out of their way to make these tracks difficult to use.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/3/16 2:31 p.m.
Wall-e wrote: In reply to spitfirebill: It's worse than Peta. Some woman comes out with a giant sack of bread and spends the day tearing it up and throwing it around the neighborhood making sure every pigeon in the city gets fed.

There used to be a woman in a house across from my office who did that. Looks like she was single-handedly sustaining the local population, as I suspected. Since she's stopped doing that, I haven't seen a pigeon in this area (usually you only see them downtown). They used to be crowding the power lines up and down the street.

Edit: I always wanted to do this to help get the message across:

slantvaliant
slantvaliant UltraDork
8/3/16 5:32 p.m.

I thought I lived with adults. I was wrong.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/3/16 5:34 p.m.
slantvaliant wrote: I thought I lived with adults. I was wrong.

I have that same problem on occasion.

fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
8/3/16 5:35 p.m.

I thought I worked with adults. I was wrong also.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
8/3/16 6:15 p.m.

I wish that I didn't always have to be the "adult".

dropstep
dropstep Dork
8/3/16 6:53 p.m.
SnowMongoose wrote: berkeleying Overwatch. Makes me feel like E36 M3 and go to bed angry most nights, can't stop playing. And berkeleying Blizzard insists on jerking off on idiocy like Lucioball and Olympics skins instead of fixing their myriad balance and gameplay issues.

As someone whos played blizzards biggest game for years, good luck on getting anything close too balance! 10 years and they havnt figured out WOW

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/3/16 7:05 p.m.

Just had another pocket knife stolen from me by TSA. American skies are safer tonight!

Edit: also learned that the TSA tried to allow pocket knives back in 2013. But due to push back from the public, the were forced to keep them on the banned list. I don't know how to feel about that. But I think if there was a nka (NRA for knives) I would be able to conceal and carry my knife on planes (with proper training, certifications and licensure of course).

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
8/3/16 7:27 p.m.

In reply to Robbie:

Uh, another? Did you expect the rules to have changed?

johndej
johndej Reader
8/3/16 8:04 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote:
Wall-e wrote: In reply to spitfirebill: It's worse than Peta. Some woman comes out with a giant sack of bread and spends the day tearing it up and throwing it around the neighborhood making sure every pigeon in the city gets fed.
There used to be a woman in a house across from my office who did that. Looks like she was single-handedly sustaining the local population, as I suspected. Since she's stopped doing that, I haven't seen a pigeon in this area (usually you only see them downtown). They used to be crowding the power lines up and down the street. Edit: I always wanted to do this to help get the message across:

There's a woman who's been on the news a few times in my hometown, who does that with raw meat and buzzards

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/3/16 10:11 p.m.
alfadriver wrote: In reply to Robbie: Uh, another? Did you expect the rules to have changed?

No, but they end up in unexpected places because I don't have dedicated stuff for airline trips.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/4/16 12:16 a.m.
slantvaliant wrote: I thought I lived with adults. I was wrong.

So did I. That's why I'm moving da fuq out. Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/4/16 7:58 a.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH:

The woman here is making it worse but there's no getting rid of them here. The block im on is where a bunch of Chinese restaurant suppliers load their trucks so there's food and trash all over the sidewalks.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/4/16 9:20 a.m.
Robbie wrote: Just had another pocket knife stolen from me by TSA. American skies are safer tonight! Edit: also learned that the TSA tried to allow pocket knives back in 2013. But due to push back from the public, the were forced to keep them on the banned list. I don't know how to feel about that. But I think if there was a nka (NRA for knives) I would be able to conceal and carry my knife on planes (with proper training, certifications and licensure of course).

I thought they'd tried to change it back again recently and the pushback was from the airlines & flight attendants so they kept it the same. I had a pocket knife I'd have for over 15 years stolen shortly after the TSA started riffling through bags. These days I don't bother flying with my normal ($100 or so) Swiss Army Knife and just bring along the small Leatherman that conforms to the rules for carrying it onto the plane. Means no actual knife on it, bit I mainly use the scissors and other tools.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/4/16 9:24 a.m.

My left eye has been irritated since last night, feeling like I had something in it. Despite lots of close inspection of it I could never find anything that was causing it, so hoped it was just irritated from something that was long gone and managed to get to sleep in spite of it. Woke up this morning with it far less irritated, but still not quite happy and my vision in that eye a bit fuzzy compared to normal. If it doesn't improve over the course of the day, I may have to try and get in at the eye doctor to have them take a look at it.

wae
wae Dork
8/4/16 9:36 a.m.

I've tried a new breaker, I've tried a hard-start capacitor, and now I'm trying cleaning the evaporator coil. If this doesn't fix the front roof air, I might scream.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/4/16 9:40 a.m.
Robbie wrote: Just had another pocket knife stolen from me by TSA. American skies are safer tonight! Edit: also learned that the TSA tried to allow pocket knives back in 2013. But due to push back from the public, the were forced to keep them on the banned list. I don't know how to feel about that. But I think if there was a nka (NRA for knives) I would be able to conceal and carry my knife on planes (with proper training, certifications and licensure of course).

(Tiny) knives were actually allowed on planes for a week or two in 2013.

The TSA banning weapons that can only be used for a hijacking is silly. The 9/11 hijackings were a trick that only works once. I'd say it's actually safer to allow knives and even guns on a plane now than pre-9/11, because every passenger knows that a hijacking is now an immediate life-or-death conflict rather than a big inconvenience, regardless of what the hijacker is packing.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
8/4/16 9:43 a.m.
wae wrote: I've tried a new breaker, I've tried a hard-start capacitor, and now I'm trying cleaning the evaporator coil. If this doesn't fix the front roof air, I might scream.

Try pushing in the relay with your finger to hard start it and see what happens.

Then check the current going to the compressor if you can't hear it over the fan.

If both are working, you have to figure out why the intelligence isn't turning it on for you.

-guy who has had more than his fair share of HVAC failures-

wae
wae Dork
8/4/16 10:11 a.m.
tuna55 wrote:
wae wrote: I've tried a new breaker, I've tried a hard-start capacitor, and now I'm trying cleaning the evaporator coil. If this doesn't fix the front roof air, I might scream.
Try pushing in the relay with your finger to hard start it and see what happens. Then check the current going to the compressor if you can't hear it over the fan. If both are working, you have to figure out why the intelligence isn't turning it on for you. -guy who has had more than his fair share of HVAC failures-

It starts up and blows ice cold air for about 20-30 minutes and then trips the breaker so from I gather that the pressure is rising too much causing the compressor to pull too many amps.

Of course the coil cleaning didn't work.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
8/4/16 10:14 a.m.

i shorted the cruise cable between power and ground. burnt the crap outta my finger pulling it off, right there where the skin folds on the last knuckle on my pointer finger. it hurts.

very minor rant.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
8/4/16 10:15 a.m.
wae wrote:
tuna55 wrote:
Try pushing in the relay with your finger to hard start it and see what happens. Then check the current going to the compressor if you can't hear it over the fan. If both are working, you have to figure out why the intelligence isn't turning it on for you. -guy who has had more than his fair share of HVAC failures-
It starts up and blows ice cold air for about 20-30 minutes and then trips the breaker so from I gather that the pressure is rising too much causing the compressor to pull too many amps. Of course the coil cleaning didn't work.

I'd pay a guy to come check the refrigerant levels at that point if you don't have gauges. Something is telling it to shut off, so it's either that something is getting too hot, or too pressurized. If you go to the unit inside, they likely left the original manual and you can sometimes figure out what's going wrong - that's how I found my fuse - and they sometimes have some rudimentary diagnostics (both of mine had had blinky lights).

Warning, the advice is worth only slightly more than you paid for it.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/4/16 11:47 a.m.

Why is it that any web page now that involves some sort of ranking or step by step instructions has to basically be set up as a slide show, so that I must click over to another page as I move down the list or through the steps? I'm forced to wait for the new page to load another 50 berkeleying video ads rather than just scrolling down the same page.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
8/4/16 11:59 a.m.

berkeley you edelbrock. Three separate times I have pre-arranged a block of time for you to check out the efi conversion you sold my customer. Three times you have missed the appointment, and wasted my time. Three times of taking time away from my family and job that pays the mortgage. berkeley you.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor HalfDork
8/4/16 12:11 p.m.
Furious_E wrote: another 50 berkeleying video ads

That's why

1 ... 505 506 507 508 509 ... 2012

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mBxQ5wTF5B4BviIxGROcAAlQIBbY15q1DpLGZVf95TtIpWTMNCPQsJt28HnPbh41