1 ... 523 524 525 526 527 ... 2010
Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/5/16 12:16 a.m.

If you go to a four year old's birthday party assume it's going to be noisy. For a mob of small children they were very well behaved and if they were disrupting you watching videos on your phone you could sit in your car, or leave altogether instead of yelling at children, none of which were yours.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Dork
9/5/16 1:57 p.m.
EvanR wrote:
Sine_Qua_Non wrote: What the berkeley? $31 for Chinese food take out. Didn't this stuff used to be a lot cheaper for a 3 meal dinner?
$8.99 per entree plus tax? My rant is, "How much cheaper should they sell it and still make a profit?"

It used to be $4.99 5 years ago

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/5/16 9:33 p.m.

this could be a Major Rant.... seems that vandals knocked down the "duckbill" rock formation in Oregon. It took millennia to form this.. why do people insist on knocking things like this down?

Duckbill knocked over by Vandals

As a member of "tread lightly" this really is upsetting

Wall-e
9/6/16 5:14 a.m.

In reply to mad_machine:

It's almost a shame they weren't pinned under it.

Summer is over. I got in the car this morning and my Yacht Rock has been replaced by a Barbra Streisand channel. Who would listen to such crap?

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/6/16 5:47 a.m.

Instagram is not for words. If you don't shoot the picture yourself, put it on FB.

wae
wae Dork
9/6/16 6:16 a.m.

Good news, the congestion I've had in my head is almost completely gone this morning!

Bad news, it's migrated to my chest and lungs. I know how this movie goes: We're going to start off with a little coughing, move in to aggravating my asthma, and then I estimate by Thursday mid-day it'll be full-blown bronchitis. And I can't really take it easy or slow down this week because we start tonight on set-up for the church festival.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/6/16 7:48 a.m.
Sine_Qua_Non wrote:
EvanR wrote:
Sine_Qua_Non wrote: What the berkeley? $31 for Chinese food take out. Didn't this stuff used to be a lot cheaper for a 3 meal dinner?
$8.99 per entree plus tax? My rant is, "How much cheaper should they sell it and still make a profit?"
It used to be $4.99 5 years ago

And it used to be $3.99 5 years before that. 20 years ago it was probably $1.99. That's how inflation works.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/6/16 7:50 a.m.
Wall-e wrote: In reply to mad_machine: It's almost a shame they weren't pinned under it.

"Almost a shame"? It's a damned tragedy that they weren't pinned under it.

Wall-e
9/6/16 8:46 a.m.

In reply to Duke:

Then we'd have a rescue effort to retrieve the morons, a settlement for the kids lost and crippled by the rock due to the lack of signs, fencing, security guards protecting people from their stupid selves, ect...

mtn
mtn MegaDork
9/6/16 9:06 a.m.

Was supposed to be closing on a house today. And we're not closing on the house today.

Cross our fingers that it happens on Thursday.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant UltraDork
9/6/16 9:35 a.m.

One of our division managers scheduled work for a new customer and is pushing to get the contract and agreements signed this morning. For my part, I have to read through the safety stuff looking for "gotchas". In addition to the rest of the

That's 21.7MB of pdf's. For reference, Moby Dick is available as a 2.5MB pdf.

It ain't happening this morning, buddy.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/6/16 9:45 a.m.

Got in to work this morning and found that at some point between leaving on Friday and getting in this morning the fridge in our breakroom was turned off. Not unplugged- it was set to not cool at all on the control panel. Meaning any and all food in it had been sitting at room temp for who knows how long, and that there was no way in hell I was going to eat the bacon and eggs that I normally keep in the fridge. Guess I grab breakfast from the nearby deli.

Go to make a cup of tea... and the bottom of the tea-maker didn't seal properly and leaks a good bit of water onto my desk before I get it to seat properly.

Wall-e
9/6/16 10:57 a.m.

They were Heros doing Oregon and the world a service.

The killer rock needes to go

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
9/6/16 11:07 a.m.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
9/6/16 12:42 p.m.

My extended in-laws. They see my MIL not all that often. Each time they see her, she is doing worse, because she has MS. They ask, how can we help? How can you help? How about asking her how she is doing instead of her daughter? How about pushing her in her wheelchair to the bathroom so her daughter can relax and enjoy the wedding? How about being nice to her husband, who you don't like for some godforsaken unknown reason? Or if you really want to help, you would A) sell the vacation house that you own with her since she can't use it anymore, and B) help her pay for a wheelchair lift in her house.

Also, to my BIL: Get off your ass and help around the house. Why is it that my wife and I, who are living with our in-laws for about 2 weeks between the end of our lease and close, are doing all of the work that isn't done by my FIL? (Actually, we've been taking on about 75% of the housework, he's had 25%--if anyone deserves a break, it is my FIL). You don't do laundry that I can tell. You don't clean your room or the bathroom, ever (I seriously use the toilet and brush my teeth at work; my wife uses her parents bathroom). You do nothing but make messes. You're 30 years old. Figure this out. You aren't helping anywhere. The one thing that I could see him doing to help around the house was actually just assisting me in a 1-person job, and he really just annoyed me and got in the way. Oh, and you know about Football and Horseracing. You're allowed to talk about Football and horseracing. I don't want to hear about automotive care or finances from a guy who majored in Political Science and hasn't held a good job for... ever.

Wall-e
9/6/16 1:28 p.m.

In reply to mtn: Almost no that says "What can I do to help?" means it or wants to do anything to help. It's like asking the cashier at Walmart how they are. It's generally done out of fake politeness with the expectation that they will be declined. Almost everyone that has asked what they could do to help my wife has never made it back to our house again and the people that wanted to help generally showed up without being asked. We have relatives that still don't understand why we couldn't make it to their kids graduation but drove nine hours to see a friend's daughter graduate a week later.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
9/6/16 1:43 p.m.
Wall-e wrote: In reply to mtn: Almost no that says "What can I do to help?" means it or wants to do anything to help. It's like asking the cashier at Walmart how they are. It's generally done out of fake politeness with the expectation that they will be declined. Almost everyone that has asked what they could do to help my wife has never made it back to our house again and the people that wanted to help generally showed up without being asked. We have relatives that still don't understand why we couldn't make it to their kids graduation but drove nine hours to see a friend's daughter graduate a week later.

I know that. It is just frustrating. And the people that do help are all really unable to provide much help (too weak, or too busy with work).

Jumper K. Balls
Jumper K. Balls UberDork
9/6/16 3:29 p.m.

The radio in the daily has no station preset buttons. It is a modern unit with USB and whatnot but no preset buttons. I listen to exactly 3 stations, 88.1 the UofO college radio station, 89.7 The local NPR affiliate and 91.9 the community college station. This wouldn't seem like a big deal with so little gap between the numbers

I have to scan between no less than 7 fire and brimstone "eternal damnation" "you will burn in hell if you don't send Jesus your money" religious stations whilst flipping between those three stations.

I am shopping for a new headunit I don't really need all because I don't want to listen to a few seconds of threats and begging in the name of someones invisible sky wizard.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/6/16 5:10 p.m.

2 hour drive to check out a vehicle that "runs perfectly."

500 yards into the test drive, it sprayed the windshield with coolant, even though the temp gauge was reading normal.

400 yards later, on the way back to the dealer, it lost all power and died.

We walked the last 100 yard.

Did anyone even look at this thing before they put it on the lot? Or do they tow them in and drop them in the parking spot.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/6/16 8:48 p.m.

Has anyone EVER met someone who put FANS behind their convertible seats? Is this a thing and I've just never picked up on it?

I understand, the boat speakers in a box on the back deck look weird. But it's a sealed box. How would fans even work pushing out of a sealed box?

I expected it from my kids half-sister(I think? her moms other daughter) but she's 8. Coming from people in the 30's and 40's it's just bizarre.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/6/16 10:24 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: 2 hour drive to check out a vehicle that "runs perfectly." 500 yards into the test drive, it sprayed the windshield with coolant, even though the temp gauge was reading normal. 400 yards later, on the way back to the dealer, it lost all power and died. We walked the last 100 yard. Did anyone even look at this thing before they put it on the lot? Or do they tow them in and drop them in the parking spot.

sounds like a car one of my co-workers just bought. A Chrysler convertible (not sure what model). Got a great deal at the dealer, about $5000. Funny thing is, the salesmen put it on the website before getting it inspected.. so it was just polished and sold. The dealership is now eating $3500 in parts to get it through their own pre-owned inspection process.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/6/16 11:35 p.m.

In the last 45 minutes, my comcrap has gone out for no reason,and also my phone has decided to take the fatal bootloop.I can't pull info off the system drive if I can't even boot into recovery. berkeley how much important E36 M3 am I about to lose?

At least my contacts are backed up, well, most of them.

Edit update: 3 phone numbers and 3gb of pics and videos I'll never get back, some very entertaining too. At least the baby pictures were on my external sd card I guess.

Wall-e
9/7/16 8:16 a.m.

Another day at the doctor's office.

java230
java230 Dork
9/7/16 10:11 a.m.

Is it so hard to hire someone?! You respond to an add, we talk on the phone, settle on an hourly rate, you say you can come to work the next day, NO SHOW, 4 times in the last week and a half!!!! REALLY?!?!

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
9/7/16 11:03 a.m.

Same old E36 M3 different day.

Or, meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Or, E36 M3 rolls downhill.

Or, give it to him. He'll make it work while we do jack berkeleying E36 M3.

I need a break.

1 ... 523 524 525 526 527 ... 2010

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qzmBkBDjDcA6cwOrN7frlMNq6Uwfsc2ivKt0MsIor60TA4OKCQjxpAAllIejCGpK