1 ... 527 528 529 530 531 ... 2010
Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
9/14/16 3:20 p.m.

People crack me up. If you got off that scooter pal.......

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/14/16 6:45 p.m.

I was supposed to go to my friend's mother's funeral tomorrow.. was.. now I have to take my father to the hospital for a colonoscopy. I am not sure which is worse

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
9/14/16 9:21 p.m.

Thus far the highlight of my weekend has been a flu shot.
Cannot berkeleying wait for the rain to come back so I can be vaguely competitive autocrossing.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 SuperDork
9/14/16 9:30 p.m.

Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever

Tick was only on me 10-12 hours max, no rash even. I guess at least now I know why I've felt like E36 M3. The fatigue and joint aches are no joke.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
9/15/16 6:55 a.m.

Who the hell puts jelly on a bagel? Let alone an Everything bagel. Bleyach.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/15/16 7:14 a.m.

Why the berkeley is there paving in an entire intersection during rush hour?

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/15/16 8:38 a.m.
mtn wrote: Who the hell puts jelly on a bagel? Let alone an Everything bagel. Bleyach.

The same person who puts ketchup on a hot dog.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
9/15/16 8:52 a.m.
Duke wrote:
mtn wrote: Who the hell puts jelly on a bagel? Let alone an Everything bagel. Bleyach.

Ironically, being a Chicagoan, I have no problem with ketchup on a hotdog IF you don't have everything for a Chicago style.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/15/16 8:58 a.m.

After calling and emailing everyone possible Tuesday trying to find work to do, I ended up being out sick yesterday (SWMBO and I both had problems, we think it had something to do with the steak from Tuesday night)- so I figured, "Hey, they've had a full extra day, I should have something waiting for me when I get in today."

Messages/missed calls on work phone: Zero

Emails regarding work for me to do: Zero

berkeleys anyone apparently gives about my being billable: Zero

I halfway wish I'd just stayed home sick again- only halfway though because it's much easier to access the company's internal jobs site from my work computer than home.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
9/15/16 10:31 a.m.

I am never drinking coffee in the late afternoon, ever again.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor HalfDork
9/15/16 11:12 a.m.

In reply to DukeOfUndersteer:

I had to learn that the hard way. About 3pm is my cutoff now if I want to sleep at all.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
9/15/16 11:33 a.m.

In reply to cmcgregor:

I agree. I had met my Wife after I got out of work, she kept saying "oh, just get a small cup of coffee." So I did. Paying the price today. Only got about 2-3 hours of sleep last night.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor HalfDork
9/15/16 11:42 a.m.

In reply to DukeOfUndersteer:

Hey, we're almost exactly the same age! Getting old sucks.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/15/16 12:00 p.m.

For the first time in 3-4 years, the one group I always try and see in concert every year actually has a tour stop here in town this year. Yay! But it's in the middle of SWMBO's work's busiest season and when she looked into it there's just no way she can get off that evening so we can go see the concert.

mad_machine
9/15/16 12:15 p.m.
Duke wrote:

and what's wrong with ketchup on a hotdog? (other than the fact you are even eating a hotdog in the first place)

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/15/16 12:25 p.m.
mad_machine wrote:
Duke wrote:
and what's wrong with ketchup on a hotdog? (other than the fact you are even eating a hotdog in the first place)

Unless your mommy cut it up for you and put a little toothpick in each bite, it's berking nasty to put ketchup on a hot dog.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZpZ_fakwSwc

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/15/16 12:31 p.m.

Sounds like you boys need to work harder.

dropstep
dropstep Dork
9/15/16 12:36 p.m.

I dont eat a hotdog without ketchup

My only rant so far today is the road construction on us127 is making it terrible to go get lunch.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
9/15/16 12:37 p.m.
Ashyukun wrote: For the first time in 3-4 years, the one group I always try and see in concert every year actually has a tour stop here in town this year. Yay! But it's in the middle of SWMBO's work's busiest season and when she looked into it there's just no way she can get off that evening so we can go see the concert.

I understand the difficulties of going without SWMBO, but if you don't have other responsibilities tying you down (ie, children) then I would suggest going without SWMBO. Really.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/15/16 12:57 p.m.

Migraine hit while trying to replace an E46 oil separator. Was starting to pull the power steering reservoir off and realized that I couldn't see my hands.

Chug a Red Bull, stupidly drive to Subway to get food, spend the entirety of being at Subway with my eyes closed, get back to work and eat in a dark room with glasses off.

I can sort of see again but the odd thing is I'm seeing double, that hasn't happened before. It's like my brain needs to recalibrate my eyes or something. But at least I have peripheral vision again, and the seeing-double thing is getting better.

Oh well, that separator isn't going to change itself... GBTW!

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 SuperDork
9/15/16 1:27 p.m.

So we're 4-0 on attempts to buy a house/land. The realtor could have told us that the sellers were upside down on the house, and their bottom dollar was $45K more than it's worth from the start. Sure would have saved the mortgage company and me a lot of time.

I'm frustrated and saddened, that someone could be so upside down on a 26 year old house that was built on land that was given to them. How many mortgages exactly does it take to get into that situation?

I told the realtor to let me know when the bank owns it.

Buying a house shouldn't be this difficult.

mad_machine
9/15/16 1:36 p.m.

school has been back in session almost 2 weeks.. and already the people at work with kids have brought the first of the plagues to work.

92dxman
92dxman SuperDork
9/15/16 3:16 p.m.

In reply to dculberson:

+1. I've gone to a couple concerts without SWMBO and worked out with no problems.

Also, nothing wrong with ketchup on a hot dog. I put hot sauce and bbq sauce on a hot dog as well.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
9/15/16 3:23 p.m.

I put new pads and rotors on the wife's 2012 Focus, drove it around to do some errands, everything works the way it should, no grinding noises anymore When I got home I popped the hood to check the brake fluid level in the reservoir and notice something unusual, a small bit of foam, on the coolant reservoir.

Apparently it has a teeny tiny hairline crack and when the cooling system gets pressurized coolant bubbles out of that crack a tiny bit at a time.

This is supposed to be the nice new car that I don't have to fix.

Also, ketchup and mustard on a hotdog is ok in my book. Ketchup on a hotdog by itself? No thanks.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UberDork
9/15/16 3:26 p.m.
cmcgregor wrote: In reply to DukeOfUndersteer: Hey, we're almost exactly the same age! Getting old sucks.

Pfft. Whippersnappers don't EVEN know the fun that aging will have with you yet.

At 30 I still bounced, at 45 I'd shatter like a rubber ball dipped in liquid nitrogen.

1 ... 527 528 529 530 531 ... 2010

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TmCeAgxRqP7F3PX0uziv1hLgC1Mn22YbkIxkdpCJsmkvUuqt3nHocHpoahPqLrJq