1 ... 533 534 535 536 537 ... 2012
Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/26/16 8:25 p.m.
Duke wrote: I don't know, but it's true. I was in a Miata group and a young woman asked an ignorant question - ignorant in its real meaning, as in "uneducated in and unfamiliar with the topic". A couple people gave her thoughtful answers but the majority of idiots just dogpiled on the poor woman. And then, I'm sure, went on to complain how their next meet was 99% male and how hard it is to find a girl that's interested in cars.

I figure ignorance is simply the natural state before education. If someone is asking a question, they are requesting that education. What benefit is there to anybody in belittling that?

Now, willful ignorance, I have no problem deriding and mocking.

fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
9/26/16 8:26 p.m.

Lasted maybe five minutes watching the presidential debate, another couple of minutes and I'd throw a shoe through the screen. Hello Monday Night Football.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/26/16 9:09 p.m.

In reply to fasted58:

You would rather football to the WWE. I'm hoping the news in the morning will carry a story about Hillary jumping off the top rope and Trump smacking her with a chair.

fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
9/26/16 9:26 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01:

Better off reading the Clinton vs Trump box score in the morning w/ my coffee and pumpkin spice muffin.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UberDork
9/26/16 10:12 p.m.

Interesting observation. I try to have friends from both the left and the right. So this evening it was funny to see my right sided friends on FB talk about how well their candidate had performed. Simultaneously my lefterly friends were claiming a clear victory for their side.

When in reality I saw a lose for all of us.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/27/16 5:29 a.m.

I was asleep before the debate began. It sounds like I may have been the biggest winner.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon PowerDork
9/27/16 5:53 a.m.

I do warranty/repair work for a company that builds electric motors and gearboxes for conveyor belt and assembly line systems. The regional VP is in town for his quarterly visit to the shop. It never fails to happen when I don't have much work in hand, and every time he questions the value of my position. Record setting 2 previous months doesn't seem to matter, just what he sees when he's here.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 Dork
9/27/16 6:54 a.m.
KyAllroad wrote: Interesting observation. I try to have friends from both the left and the right. So this evening it was funny to see my right sided friends on FB talk about how well their candidate had performed. Simultaneously my lefterly friends were claiming a clear victory for their side. When in reality I saw a lose for all of us.

Funny, I remember the same thing happening after the debate during the last election too.

The presidential campaign season is too long...

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
9/27/16 7:15 a.m.
fasted58 wrote: Lasted maybe five minutes watching the presidential debate, another couple of minutes and I'd throw a shoe through the screen. Hello Monday Night Football.

I passed by it for maybe five minutes total on two occasions. I couldn't bare to watch.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
9/27/16 8:57 a.m.

We got my grandparents bed frame when they passed/moved into assisted living. We haven't used it yet, since we never had room for a king. Well, now we do have room. But we can't find the damn feet for the thing.

Know how hard it is to find feet for a bed frame at 8PM? It is really hard. And apparently we have odd-sized frame leg thingys. I can't figure out what we're even supposed to get to make it work.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/27/16 10:31 a.m.

robo calls.. I am getting tons of them from all over the country. They call my cell, leave no message.. next day they do it again. Same numbers, same thing. I don't owe anybody any money (not even a CC) So I know it is not a debt collector

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
9/27/16 10:50 a.m.

In reply to mad_machine:

Add the number(s) to your phone's call blocking list. On my phone it's under contacts>settings>call blocking

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/27/16 12:57 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: In reply to mad_machine: Add the number(s) to your phone's call blocking list. On my phone it's under contacts>settings>call blocking

Mine is too old for that. It's a galaxy S4 Mini. The only reason I have held onto it this long.. I like he size and hate how newer phones keep getting bigger and bigger and bigger. I had hoped that Samsung would bring the S7 Mini to Fruition.. but it appears now (that's another rant) that next month an S7 Edge is in the works for me

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/27/16 1:57 p.m.

Aaand a tropical storm formed out of berkeleying nowhere and is ruining all my plans for getting to the Challenge, typical.

Edit: And the results are in, 7hrs of delays, awesome

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/27/16 2:01 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: In reply to mad_machine: Add the number(s) to your phone's call blocking list. On my phone it's under contacts>settings>call blocking

I've tried that. Hard to block the bastards when they have 3 pages of numbers, with each page consisting of 4 columns. I counted to 250 before I gave up.

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
9/28/16 7:58 a.m.

She ran the stop sign, pulled out in front of me, then brake-checked ME. Aren't you just a special little white-trash crack whore?

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
9/28/16 8:00 a.m.

In reply to mad_machine:

In days of old before the auto-reject list, I made a contact called ass hole, and added numbers to his contact. I think he was up to 33 last time I had to use it.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
9/28/16 9:03 a.m.

So, some back story here: My MIL has MS and shouldn't be driving. She still is, but in an effort to limit her driving as much as we can I drive her to work every day of the week, and drive her home from work 3-4 days a week, since we live close enough and work close enough to each other to make it work. While it does cause some extra effort on my part (it adds about 1.5 hours of commute to my day), I really am happy to do it--it is only temporary, and frankly it is what I signed up for when I married the family.

With all that being said, my rants on my MIL since I spend so much one on one time with her:

Stop being over dramatic. I know you're being over dramatic in 95% of your stories because I've heard some where I was there when it happened, and it didn't happen like you said. And learn how to land the damn plane when telling a story. I don't need you to tell me that someone was so nice, kind, caring, warmhearted, and loving. And I don't care to hear every story that was on facebook. You don't need to describe to me the boat crash that killed a pitcher. You don't need to tell me who said what about Trump or Clinton. You don't need to tell me about some sister of a friend from high school and her life story. I just don't care about it, I'll never meet these people and don't really care to know anything about them. Their life is pretty boring. Stop apologizing about the traffic, you can't do anything about it. I know its bad, I'm in it. Stop sighing and saying "well...", with nothing after. Silence is ok. Listening to the radio is ok. We don't need to talk. We spend about 8-10 hours a week together, just the two of us, and we don't have that much in common other than your daughter. We don't need to talk all the time.

And for crying out loud, stop sucking your teeth. It is really, really annoying.

(That made the drives sound a lot worse than they are. It really isn't bad, today I was just in a bad mood going into it because I didn't sleep well)

Minor rant on my wife: Yes, I know you don't like NPR. But you can deal with me listening to it for 5 minutes in the car--because immediately after that 5 minutes of NPR, I'm listening to your mothers talk radio for an hour.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/28/16 9:36 a.m.

In reply to mtn:

You're a good egg. My inlaws are nice people but after a while I start daydreaming about bridge abutments.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/28/16 9:39 a.m.

I'm pretty sure I bid against myself this morning. Pictures and thread to be coming later today.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
9/28/16 9:45 a.m.
Wall-e wrote: In reply to mtn: You're a good egg. My inlaws are nice people but after a while I start daydreaming about bridge abutments.

Thanks.

And it really isn't that bad. My MIL can be a pain because she is so... materialistic? Image conscious? Drives a Lexus because its a Lexus, wouldn't be seen dead in a Chevrolet. And that is really annoying to me. But she's a nice person, and a good person. My FIL is awesome. Really, really awesome.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/28/16 10:34 a.m.
Spoolpigeon wrote: I do warranty/repair work for a company that builds electric motors and gearboxes for conveyor belt and assembly line systems. The regional VP is in town for his quarterly visit to the shop. It never fails to happen when I don't have much work in hand, and every time he questions the value of my position. Record setting 2 previous months doesn't seem to matter, just what he sees when he's here.

I hear ya. I've had similar. Fortunately my boss can sees what I'm doing and is very happy with my work, even if other people can't see.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
9/28/16 11:04 a.m.

Just so I have this straight, I'm the selfish one for not wanting free tickets to an event I'd rather not attend and would prefer to leave spaces open for folks who really wanted to go?

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
9/28/16 1:59 p.m.

Work can lick me.

I'm getting screwed. Time to quit and find something else.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/28/16 3:58 p.m.
RevRico wrote: I'm pretty sure I bid against myself this morning. Pictures and thread to be coming later today.

Oh boy, so you bought a Crown Vic?

1 ... 533 534 535 536 537 ... 2012

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jwCDe8x9hm9O8GtGnZvNWLDM07X9wG61izPfXsYUff6XMUUR8ft0L6d49RfjnVa9