1 ... 534 535 536 537 538 ... 2012
Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
9/28/16 7:51 p.m.

There are three common things a person would want to do with a photo. View and discard, view and save, or view and forward. Why does my new phone seem to be incapable of doing anything other than the first with a photo I received in a text?

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/28/16 11:01 p.m.

Go home eBay, you're drunk.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/28/16 11:10 p.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote: There are three common things a person would want to do with a photo. View and discard, view and save, or view and forward. Why does my new phone seem to be incapable of doing anything other than the first with a photo I received in a text?

Android? You can use different apps to handle texts. Google has Messages and Hangouts, and I think Allo can do the job too. Facebook Messenger can do texts. My real suggestion for an app that does a good job with text messages is Open Whisper Systems Signal.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/28/16 11:26 p.m.

I just printed hotel information from my Android. Neat.

I can't figure out hwo to navigate the filesystem to save my life but I can print stuff.

Stefan (Not Bruce)
Stefan (Not Bruce) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/28/16 11:27 p.m.

Screw Ford.

You've mishandled the Focus RS launch and now you're losing orders left, right and center.

Now there's a recall that has stalled the cars at the docks.

I'm sure it's a great car, but now I'll never know unless I get to drive someone else's.

They've also lost us as customers for ANY of their other products.

So far, there's been NO communication from Ford about the issues or what they might do about them.

Now I have to find something else to buy so I'll have a car to drive and I have no idea what to get and I'm too depressed to think about it too much.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UberDork
9/29/16 10:28 a.m.

I can feel myself getting sick today. Definitely gonna be calling in Friday.....

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/29/16 10:51 a.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote: There are three common things a person would want to do with a photo. View and discard, view and save, or view and forward. Why does my new phone seem to be incapable of doing anything other than the first with a photo I received in a text?

textra has been working well for me for over a year, automatically downloads picture messages too. I used handcent before this, and that was ... tolerable. but textra is definitely easier to use.

unrelated rant: I'm running out of places to get the Miata inspected, classic plates are looking like $100 plus, but have a "one day a week" clause... what are the odds of passing the same cop more than once in a week and them remembering?

speaking of cops, the horn in my Vic is rusted apart. I bought a replacement from pepboys, wired it up, and nothing.. junk pep boys horn or wiring problems? being solo, with a short multimeter, I need to make calls to find out.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/29/16 2:12 p.m.

In reply to RevRico:

No, what you need is a 1157 bulb with a couple of alligator clips wired to it. Then you set the bulb on the hood and mash the horn button.

Toyman01
9/29/16 2:21 p.m.

Dear South Carolina Department of Revenue. You complain about a shortage of funds on a fairly regular basis.

Here's a hint that might solve some of your problems.

DEPOSIT THE BERKELEYING CHECK I MAILED YOU 5 BERKELYING MONTHS AGO.

I have called multiple times and mailed another check because you "lost" the first one. They were both sent registered mail, so I know you go them. How berkeleying hard is it to make a deposit. I'm a lowly peon and I managed to make it to the bank several times a week when necessary. WTF!

If it sits there too much longer, I'm going to move it somewhere it will make me money and let the damn check bounce.

shiny happy people!

RevRico
9/29/16 2:28 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: In reply to RevRico: No, what you need is a 1157 bulb with a couple of alligator clips wired to it. Then you set the bulb on the hood and mash the horn button.

It's in the mess of wiring in the passenger footwell. My buddy should be coming by tonight or tomorrow with his signal chaser, we're just going to have to trace all the cut E36 M3 out. Horn, airbag switch, 12v outlets, maybe the siren since they were nice enough to leave it. Horn works, fuse is good, relay I'm assuming is good. I managed to jam my probes in the connector and put it in a spot I could see. 0 volts through bothplugs the horns fit in whether I hit the swich or not. Might just rig a new circuit and button to pass inspection.

Looking around online, it's one of 3 wires that's cut. I only have ~50 to check.

92dxman
92dxman SuperDork
9/29/16 2:28 p.m.
mtn wrote: So, some back story here: My MIL has MS and shouldn't be driving. She still is, but in an effort to limit her driving as much as we can I drive her to work every day of the week, and drive her home from work 3-4 days a week, since we live close enough and work close enough to each other to make it work. While it does cause some extra effort on my part (it adds about 1.5 hours of commute to my day), I really am happy to do it--it is only temporary, and frankly it is what I signed up for when I married the family. With all that being said, my rants on my MIL since I spend so much one on one time with her: Stop being over dramatic. I know you're being over dramatic in 95% of your stories because I've heard some where I was there when it happened, and it didn't happen like you said. And learn how to land the damn plane when telling a story. I don't need you to tell me that someone was so nice, kind, caring, warmhearted, and loving. And I don't care to hear every story that was on facebook. You don't need to describe to me the boat crash that killed a pitcher. You don't need to tell me who said what about Trump or Clinton. You don't need to tell me about some sister of a friend from high school and her life story. I just don't care about it, I'll never meet these people and don't really care to know anything about them. Their life is pretty boring. Stop apologizing about the traffic, you can't do anything about it. I know its bad, I'm in it. Stop sighing and saying "well...", with nothing after. Silence is ok. Listening to the radio is ok. We don't need to talk. We spend about 8-10 hours a week together, just the two of us, and we don't have that much in common other than your daughter. We don't need to talk all the time. And for crying out loud, stop sucking your teeth. It is really, really annoying. (That made the drives sound a lot worse than they are. It really isn't bad, today I was just in a bad mood going into it because I didn't sleep well) Minor rant on my wife: Yes, I know you don't like NPR. But you can deal with me listening to it for 5 minutes in the car--because immediately after that 5 minutes of NPR, I'm listening to your mothers talk radio for an hour.

NPR based stations are all I listen to anymore when the radio is on pretty much. I'll listen to local rock station in the morning for the morning show but can't stand it the rest of the day. They play the same 15 songs over and over.

Burrito
Burrito Dork
9/29/16 2:54 p.m.

So, my Scirocco is tentatively sold (not the rant), and it goes to it's new home Sunday morning (pushed back from Friday, my fault). It's a good deal, both the buyer and I feel like the agreement is fair. I got what I wanted out of it, which is enough to replace it with something interesting, and I get to keep my Revolution RFX wheels (Very pleased about this part, still not the rant).

Got someone on the line for our E46 Wagon. Should have no problem getting $800-1000 out of Sophie the World's Most Typical Subaru Wagon (but I haven't listed it yet because lazy). I am literally selling every car we have that isn't a Fiat...

Yet, every time my wife sees me looking at craigslist she rolls her eyes and asks me what the berkeley I think I'm doing. I don't think she has yet to realize that 2 people can't commute to different sides of town in the same 1974 Fiat 128.

Moral of the story is that she leaves for San Antonio for a week next Wednesday and I'm dragging home another E21, unless a nice X1/9 comes up between now and then.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/29/16 2:57 p.m.
RevRico wrote:
Toyman01 wrote: In reply to RevRico: No, what you need is a 1157 bulb with a couple of alligator clips wired to it. Then you set the bulb on the hood and mash the horn button.
It's in the mess of wiring in the passenger footwell. My buddy should be coming by tonight or tomorrow with his signal chaser, we're just going to have to trace all the cut E36 M3 out. Horn, airbag switch, 12v outlets, maybe the siren since they were nice enough to leave it. Horn works, fuse is good, relay I'm assuming is good. I managed to jam my probes in the connector and put it in a spot I could see. 0 volts through bothplugs the horns fit in whether I hit the swich or not. Might just rig a new circuit and button to pass inspection. Looking around online, it's one of 3 wires that's cut. I only have ~50 to check.

Sounds like you need one of these: Power Probe

I used one all the time at the shop I worked at. This one doesn't have all the fancy accessories, but I hardly used them anyway. I also just ordered one of this particular model since I don't work there anymore and don't have access to it. Oh, and it's only like $75 right now.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
9/29/16 3:00 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01:

My God you sound just like my F-I-L. Plus, they would tell him he owes more, and then they would end up sending him a refund.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
9/29/16 4:26 p.m.

Dammit. The DVD navigation system I picked up at the swap meet is doa. I was all excited about it.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/29/16 5:40 p.m.

we had barely no rain for the past 4 months.. I started my vacation on Tuesday.. that's all it'd done since then

Toyman01
9/29/16 5:50 p.m.
spitfirebill wrote: In reply to Toyman01: My God you sound just like my F-I-L.

Hmm, I'm almost scared to ask, is that a good thing or a bad thing?

RevRico
9/29/16 10:46 p.m.

Why must other forums lock up the useful information, force you to register, then make you wait for admin approval before being allowed to login and actually read it?

Any ideas how long it takes to get approved at crownvic.net? Or maybe someone could help me through? Same username as here.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/29/16 11:29 p.m.

I have seen a forum die like that Rico. The forum "plastic classic forum" literally die because only one person could approve new posters.. and that person has not been online in 2 years

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/30/16 4:08 a.m.
RevRico wrote: Why must other forums lock up the useful information, force you to register, then make you wait for admin approval before being allowed to login and actually read it? Any ideas how long it takes to get approved at crownvic.net? Or maybe someone could help me through? Same username as here.

I "applied" years ago. I'm still not a member.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/30/16 5:45 a.m.

I figured I would dig out my long sleeve shirts and sweater nex week over my vacation. Of course today is cold, rainy, and windy as hell. I guess I know what I'm doing when I get home.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
9/30/16 7:03 a.m.
Toyman01 wrote:
spitfirebill wrote: In reply to Toyman01: My God you sound just like my F-I-L.
Hmm, I'm almost scared to ask, is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Definitely a good thing. I had a great relationship with my in laws. He had less than a 6th grade education but was very successful later in life when he started his own business.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/30/16 7:24 a.m.

I hate being sick. Woke up with a sore throat yesterday, but otherwise went into work feeling fine. By mid morning, things started going downhill fast and I was starting to feel feverish and very fatigued. Ended up leaving at lunchtime when I realized I wasn't going to make it through the rest of the work day. I'm somewhat improved today, but still running a mild fever and again I'm staying home from work. Catching up for the day and a half missed is going to suck next week and swmbo and I have a wedding to (hopefully) attend tomorrow.

All this likely due to a co-worker deciding to come in with a fever earlier this week, and it sounds like he was able to take out at least two others as well that I am aware of

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UberDork
9/30/16 7:36 a.m.

In reply to Furious_E:

Ditto, felt terrible yesterday but made it to quitting time.

Woke up this morning and felt like using some of my ridiculous amount of sick leave. Actually started feeling better the minute I called in so it may be a mental health day.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/30/16 8:21 a.m.

In reply to KyAllroad:

Those are the best kind, especially on a Friday.

1 ... 534 535 536 537 538 ... 2012

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LJSJie4MV4vLuaWGogcnCbfS8VDaY8HbWzBKjUgUBeCMl7YmRPLic8m83GYQj9Pq