1 ... 536 537 538 539 540 ... 2012
Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
10/3/16 4:58 p.m.

I'm in a really foul mood right now for no legitimate reason I can ascertain.

So... berkeley off. Everyone. Everywhere. Thank you for understanding.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/3/16 6:30 p.m.

Excel, if, when importing a CSV that includes no formatting, and and column can be expanded to fit on the screen, and on the printed page, why are you clipping my damn columns? I'm sick of having to manually tell you that it's stupid to cut off my data and squeeze it in the leftmost inch of the page.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock UltimaDork
10/3/16 6:35 p.m.
Huckleberry wrote: I'm in a really foul mood right now for no legitimate reason I can ascertain. So... berkeley off. Everyone. Everywhere. Thank you for understanding.

No problem, we got you

Jay
Jay UltraDork
10/3/16 8:19 p.m.

Close browser.
Find keys.
Find wallet.
Find sunglasses.
Turn off lights.
Put on shoes.
Phone is not in pocket.
Remove shoes.
Remove sunglasses.
Turn back on all the lights.
Look for phone.
Can't find phone.
Sit back down.
Re-open browser.
Rant.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
10/4/16 8:56 a.m.

Started a new Pandora station aiming at rock ballads to play super loud and sing along to.

Stuff like Amanda, November Rain, Under the Bridge, and the stupid thing has the nerve to play "Two Princes".

Yeah, because the best soft alternative from 1994 is totally what I was going for.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
10/4/16 9:10 a.m.

Left my prescription sunglasses in a rental car over the weekend. I've contacted the agency's lost and found, but don't know how long to wait until I give up and get another pair. It'll be a few hundred bucks I really don't want to spend, but I can't drive without glasses. Guess I'll dig out my last pair, and hope they don't give me a headache.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/4/16 9:13 a.m.
eastsidemav wrote: Left my prescription sunglasses in a rental car over the weekend. I've contacted the agency's lost and found, but don't know how long to wait until I give up and get another pair. It'll be a few hundred bucks I really don't want to spend, but I can't drive without glasses. Guess I'll dig out my last pair, and hope they don't give me a headache.

https://www.amazon.com/Solar-Shield-Fits-Over-Polycarbonate-50-15-125mm/dp/B000LWJCJW/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1475590330&sr=8-4&keywords=fits+over+glasses+sunglasses
I took a pair of these from an elderly relative when we found her stash of 5 of them. I kept them in my Miata, just in case. They came in handy a couple of times.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/4/16 9:38 a.m.

OK Pebble- I supported the Kickstarter for the original watch, dealt with it being delayed because of quality & production issues, and came to love my original Pebble despite the display problems that made it completely unusable at times.

My Pebble Time was initially a considerable improvement, with a color display and much better stability. But the last few updates have made it crash at least once a day, and frequently it will lose its LE connectivity which it needs for much of what I use it for most. If this keeps up I will certainly be looking to grab a refurb 2nd Gen iWatch now that they're more waterproof. I'd rather pay the extra for the thing to work consistently, thankyouverymuch.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
10/4/16 11:26 a.m.

In reply to mtn:

I've got some clipons somewhere, just need to dig them out. They're kind of annoying, but better than nothing.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/4/16 12:53 p.m.

Thanks to Tuna for getting "Two Princes" in my head all morning.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
10/4/16 1:14 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: Thanks to Tuna for getting "Two Princes" in my head all morning.

I am so sorry! That is one of the worst songs ever.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
10/4/16 1:44 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: I come down to Maryland about every six months to do some kayaking and sailing, I love the Chesapeake and the people. Tomorrow I get to go back to NJ where I don't love the people so much...

I'm sitting here giggling about you saying people in MD are niece people. The ones I met were not and I think it has to do with my very obvious southern (hick) accent. Most of the people were gov't workers who didn't care to be bothered, but waiters hate to be asked for sweet tea.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/4/16 2:28 p.m.
Ashyukun wrote: OK Pebble- I supported the Kickstarter for the original watch, dealt with it being delayed because of quality & production issues, and came to love my original Pebble despite the display problems that made it completely unusable at times. My Pebble Time was initially a considerable improvement, with a color display and much better stability. But the last few updates have made it crash at least once a day, and frequently it will lose its LE connectivity which it needs for much of what I use it for most. If this keeps up I will certainly be looking to grab a refurb 2nd Gen iWatch now that they're more waterproof. I'd rather pay the extra for the thing to work consistently, thankyouverymuch.

I got an original Pebble when they were on sale black Friday a few years ago for $80. I found I still didn't like wearing a watch in general, and then the screen started having it's issues and I haven't felt like taking it apart to repair it since, so I just haven't worn it.

If I was going to get a newer smart watch it would be a moto 360, or a zenwatch from ASUS I think.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
10/4/16 2:31 p.m.
tuna55 wrote:
Appleseed wrote: Thanks to Tuna for getting "Two Princes" in my head all morning.

Now it's stuck in mine. And I thought today couldn't suck harder.

Maybe shinedown at very high volume on the way home will knock it out?

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
10/4/16 3:04 p.m.

I forgot that it's my problem that you "hadn't dun paid da first month payment on ya XF, but now youz gozta pay tree hunded fiddy dollas fo a new battery?!?"

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
10/4/16 4:23 p.m.

Can they stop describing tonight's VP debate as "First and Only?"

Just say Only. That's all that is needed.

Some of the news places saying it should know better.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/4/16 5:57 p.m.
AWSX1686 wrote:
Ashyukun wrote: OK Pebble- I supported the Kickstarter for the original watch, dealt with it being delayed because of quality & production issues, and came to love my original Pebble despite the display problems that made it completely unusable at times. My Pebble Time was initially a considerable improvement, with a color display and much better stability. But the last few updates have made it crash at least once a day, and frequently it will lose its LE connectivity which it needs for much of what I use it for most. If this keeps up I will certainly be looking to grab a refurb 2nd Gen iWatch now that they're more waterproof. I'd rather pay the extra for the thing to work consistently, thankyouverymuch.
I got an original Pebble when they were on sale black Friday a few years ago for $80. I found I still didn't like wearing a watch in general, and then the screen started having it's issues and I haven't felt like taking it apart to repair it since, so I just haven't worn it. If I was going to get a newer smart watch it would be a moto 360, or a zenwatch from ASUS I think.

I have the first generation Moto360. If they haven't gotten significantly better, I wouldn't bother. I'm kinda sick of being the dude yelling at his wrist, sending nonsensical text messages, and having Google Now generally insist on doing something different than I asked. I seem to try the smartwatch every few years, and they're always crap. The Moto360 was the best crap yet, and I wore it for a year or so. With an announcement recently that my watch will not get Android Wear 2.0 (that's so Android, isn't it?) I'm pretty much done.

For me, the one killer app was having Google Generator and text messages on my wrist so I could log in to multifactor-enabled sites without having to get my phone.

nepa03focus
nepa03focus Dork
10/4/16 6:51 p.m.
eastsidemav wrote: Left my prescription sunglasses in a rental car over the weekend. I've contacted the agency's lost and found, but don't know how long to wait until I give up and get another pair. It'll be a few hundred bucks I really don't want to spend, but I can't drive without glasses. Guess I'll dig out my last pair, and hope they don't give me a headache.

You.could.order some cheapie replacements from zenni optical online. It kind of stinks not being able to try them on but for like 30 bucks it's worth a shot

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UberDork
10/4/16 7:04 p.m.

I'm well aware that I'm getting older and I enjoy being set in my ways. Some formats work for me and some just don't.

Well, after a few years of ignoring twitter I broke down and got the app. And you know what?

It berkeleying sucks!! Everything about twitter annoys the ever living crap out of me. So I don't open it. Until my brother sends me a twit-link to something he finds amusing and when I click on it? Hashtags and stupid snippets of thoughts from people who can't wait to be berkeleying pithy about something inane. berkeley twitter. And berkeley my phone for insisting I capitalize "twitter"!!

Brian
Brian MegaDork
10/4/16 8:30 p.m.

I'm on the tail end of my recovery time from getting a vasectomy on Friday. That went fine. Last night and today I've been sidelined with a mother of a double toothache. No sleep last night and nearly in tears pain. My mouth hurts more than my other parts did, oragel does nothing, and my rx slip for percaset that I was hesitant to fill is in my wife's car.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
10/4/16 8:33 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote:
tuna55 wrote:
Now it's stuck in mine. And I thought today couldn't suck harder. Maybe shinedown at very high volume on the way home will knock it out?

Berk, I love that song!

Hal
Hal UltraDork
10/4/16 8:58 p.m.
spitfirebill wrote:
mad_machine wrote: I come down to Maryland about every six months to do some kayaking and sailing, I love the Chesapeake and the people. Tomorrow I get to go back to NJ where I don't love the people so much...
I'm sitting here giggling about you saying people in MD are niece people. The ones I met were not and I think it has to do with my very obvious southern (hick) accent. Most of the people were gov't workers who didn't care to be bothered, but waiters hate to be asked for sweet tea.

You must have been in the DC area. People are a lot different outside of that area either east like mad_machine or west like me. In fact, the wife and I ate out tonight and I had no problem getting sweet tea.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock UltimaDork
10/4/16 9:02 p.m.
Brian wrote:
Dusterbd13 wrote:
tuna55 wrote:
Now it's stuck in mine. And I thought today couldn't suck harder. Maybe shinedown at very high volume on the way home will knock it out?
Berk, I love that song!

And if you

want to buy me flowers

just go ahead now

And if you

want to talk for hours

just go ahead now

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
10/5/16 12:29 a.m.

Yay Kickstarting RaceCapture!

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
10/5/16 6:44 a.m.
Nick (Bo) Comstock wrote:
Brian wrote:
Dusterbd13 wrote:
tuna55 wrote:
Berk, I love that song!
And if you want to buy me flowers just go ahead now And if you want to talk for hours just go ahead now

I'd rather get another vasectomy and a toothache like Brian up there than listen to that drivel again

1 ... 536 537 538 539 540 ... 2012

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
x7E8EESbCJb37WSF9HgI0QhFTpOjEp6cmtzn7tiYdffGHnek1G1lRohdx1tlfSdP