1 ... 537 538 539 540 541 ... 2012
mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/5/16 8:48 a.m.

Had no idea what song you guys were talking about until that Comstock shiny happy person went and wrote the lyrics.

Berk. You.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
10/5/16 9:17 a.m.

That's almost as bad as the "If you want to destroy my sweater, just hold this string as I walk away" song.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 SuperDork
10/5/16 10:43 a.m.

Obummer's EO for overtime is causing big headaches throughout our organization, and especially my department. As if we didn't have enough to do, now even as salaried employees we're supposed to keep a time sheet, but can only get overtime if requested in advanced and pre-approved by our supervisor. I can count on one hand the number of times I would have known in advance to get pre-approval, we usually don't know we'll be working overtime until it happens.

The poor bastards that are foundation funded aren't eligible for overtime pay, only comp time.

Sadly I don't think the ~21 states suing are going to accomplish much.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
10/5/16 11:05 a.m.

Not really a rant, more just tired haha. Wish I had more energy. 4 cups of coffee and half a Redline later, I feel like I can lay down and instantly fall asleep.

Can't do much until I come home with the Duchess of Understeer from boobie feeding teaching class tonight.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock UltimaDork
10/5/16 11:29 a.m.
mtn wrote: Had no idea what song you guys were talking about until that Comstock shiny happy person went and wrote the lyrics. Berk. You.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/5/16 12:41 p.m.
bigdaddylee82 wrote: Obummer's EO for overtime is causing big headaches throughout our organization, and especially my department. As if we didn't have enough to do, now even as salaried employees we're supposed to keep a time sheet, but can only get overtime if requested in advanced and pre-approved by our supervisor. I can count on one hand the number of times I would have known in advance to get pre-approval, we usually don't know we'll be working overtime until it happens. The poor bastards that are foundation funded aren't eligible for overtime pay, only comp time. Sadly I don't think the ~21 states suing are going to accomplish much.

I used to have to fill out time sheets.. in 15 minute increments. They used to balk at how much bathroom time I had, until I reminded them that they knew about my crohnes disease when they hired me and knew then that I used the restroom more often than most people.

They really hate that the last half hour of the day was listed as "filling out time sheets"

BTW.. as a minor rant of my own. I hate it when people refer to our president as "obummer" or "odumber" or any other not so flattering nickname. I will admit to not liking out last president too much but he was always "Mr. President" or "President Bush". If you can't respect the man, at least respect the office and the title it gives the man (or maybe woman) that inhabits it

Stefan (Not Bruce)
Stefan (Not Bruce) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/5/16 2:17 p.m.

In reply to mad_machine:

Wishful thinking buddy.

Childish people who are sore losers will always act this way.

Luckily they are free to do that in this country.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/5/16 2:21 p.m.
SnowMongoose wrote: Yay Kickstarting RaceCapture!

Did something go wrong? I contributed to the original model and everything went fine.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 SuperDork
10/5/16 2:57 p.m.

I guess I can add the presupposition of folks about a persons previous beliefs, politics, or actions, based solely on a previous rant, as an additional minor rant.

Mad_machine, you're probably right to call me out, though unexpected from my intent, it obviously didn't convey in text. In reality I probably wouldn't call him that to his face, probably. I used less than tactful word play that I've seen before, to make a play on a mans name that is directly responsible for my minor rant, "bumming" me out.

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/5/16 4:13 p.m.

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for my wife's name to be spelled correctly on her birthday cake. I ordered it early, in person, and the girl taking the order read it back to me. Granted spelling it Jobi instead of Jodi is fairly minor but I'd still like it corrected. I don't need a discount or a free cupcake. I just want don't want her to have a cake with her name spelled incorrectly.

fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
10/5/16 4:21 p.m.

In reply to Wall-e:

dyslexic cake decorator

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/5/16 4:29 p.m.
mad_machine wrote:
bigdaddylee82 wrote: BTW.. as a minor rant of my own. I hate it when people refer to our president as "obummer" or "odumber" or any other not so flattering nickname. I will admit to not liking out last president too much but he was always "Mr. President" or "President Bush". If you can't respect the man, at least respect the office and the title it gives the man (or maybe woman) that inhabits it
Are you speaking personally, or in general? Because I saw some truly offensive characterizations of our previous president as well. And I wasn't a fan of him, either.
mad_machine
10/5/16 4:49 p.m.

I was no fan of President George W Bush.. but I never stooped to calling him "shrub" or any of the lessor nicknames people gave him. He was president and deserved at least the respect that office gave him as such.

I know it is wishful thinking anymore. Decorum is going down the drain just as fast as Sears is, but at least I try to show some respect. I even try to show respect to those I do not like.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
10/5/16 4:55 p.m.

I'm gonna make a soap opera about the Jaguar Service Drive...

Wall-e
10/5/16 5:47 p.m.

My neighbor had a W likeness hanging in his front yard for years and has had a Trump hanging now for months. I doubt you could do that with a democrat.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/5/16 5:55 p.m.

In reply to Wall-e:

SAFE SPACE! TRIGGER WARNING!

mad_machine
10/5/16 6:13 p.m.
Wall-e wrote: My neighbor had a W likeness hanging in his front yard for years and has had a Trump hanging now for months. I doubt you could do that with a democrat.

as in effigy? That's pretty disrespectful..

Wall-e
10/5/16 8:46 p.m.

Yes, Effigy was the word I was looking for

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock UltimaDork
10/5/16 9:00 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: That's almost as bad as the "If you want to destroy my sweater, just hold this string as I walk away" song.

Hey, I actually like that song

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/5/16 9:13 p.m.

Shopping for car insurance.

BERK

I wish I could just afford to pay the state their dowry to NOT have insurance, it would be so much easier and less frustrating.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/6/16 8:58 a.m.

I would rather eat a hot bag of dicks than shop at Walgreens.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
10/6/16 9:11 a.m.

totally 100% sick of fixing oil leaks on the Accord.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
10/6/16 9:40 a.m.

Today is off to a great start. Left my laptop in my MIL's car, which is 15-20 minutes away by public transit. Had to go back and get that. There is 45 minutes of my life I'm never getting back.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
10/6/16 10:33 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote:
SnowMongoose wrote: Yay Kickstarting RaceCapture!
Did something go wrong? I contributed to the original model and everything went fine.

Was supposed to be delivered in March, I just last week got a beta unit with zero AX functionality that only registers RPM and speed.
Shoulda gone with SoloStorm.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
10/6/16 2:57 p.m.

These are not brand new infinity reference speakers, Mr ebay seller. They are not infinity speakers at all. They aren't even aftermarket. They are blown factory speakers put into infinity reference boxes and taped up and sold as brand new.

Now, if you would be so kind, REFUND MY berkeleyING MONEY.

thanks. Bye Felicia.

1 ... 537 538 539 540 541 ... 2012

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Fa6JdgKZhfHBi9WWW3OwPY9n5oeY6Eh2nu1oM355iE8mGxwXy7axY5u2V6b6exTh