1 ... 929 930 931 932 933 ... 2016
Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/1/19 4:55 p.m.
Duke said:

Hell, my own sister had her first kid in 1974 and her fourth in 1993... nobody ever accused of living a sensible life, though.

Man, that fourth kid's hand-me-downs either sucked, or had wrapped around to being cool again, and I'm not sure which.

OTOH of my grandparent's offspring, the eldest was born in 1948 and the youngest in 1963.  I'm closer to the youngest's age than her own oldest sister, by a month or two.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
3/1/19 4:57 p.m.

I'm the youngest son of a youngest son.  My youngest grandparent was born in 1885.  My oldest brother was born 1939, me 1960.  I became an uncle at 7.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/1/19 5:08 p.m.
Knurled. said:
Duke said:

Hell, my own sister had her first kid in 1974 and her fourth in 1993... nobody ever accused of living a sensible life, though.

Man, that fourth kid's hand-me-downs either sucked, or had wrapped around to being cool again, and I'm not sure which.

Wait, did I say 1993?  I meant 1996!

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
3/1/19 5:18 p.m.

My first boss at my current company is about 5 years older than me - born around 1980ish. His dad was a physicist who worked on the Manhattan project. Yes, that one, the one that happened in the 1940s. 

Greg Smith
Greg Smith HalfDork
3/1/19 5:25 p.m.
Duke said:
AngryCorvair said:

how the hell did EcoBoost Mustang wind up on my list of candidates *again*?

Because they're actually pretty cool.  And for under $600 you can get a Ford Racing flash that adds a bunch of torque and HP without changing the warranty.

How do you get this magic tune? 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/1/19 5:36 p.m.

Damn. 1 mile in the new to me neon before the first failure. 

Knurled.
3/1/19 5:46 p.m.
Greg Smith said:
Duke said:
AngryCorvair said:

how the hell did EcoBoost Mustang wind up on my list of candidates *again*?

Because they're actually pretty cool.  And for under $600 you can get a Ford Racing flash that adds a bunch of torque and HP without changing the warranty.

How do you get this magic tune? 

I wonder if anybody's uploaded it to the HPT tunes repository yet.

of course, blowing the tune in yourself would probably void your warranty, since you didn't pay Ford to do it for you.  The price of the tune is probably to roll into "expected warranty claims", like the 2 liter tune that was known to eat pistons on engines that were run hard.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/1/19 11:44 p.m.

I got my new cpap mask and the design changed. It comes with a few nose pieces and none of them fit well. The large covers my nostrils so I can’t breathe and the extra large is too big and leaks everywhere. The headband won’t adjust right so I had to pull everything too tight. There’s no way they tried this thing out on a human head. 

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/2/19 12:05 a.m.

I think winter finally got here :(

Knurled.
3/2/19 8:50 a.m.

...Crud, I need to be 2 hours away from here by now, and I still need to shower, eat breakfast, and go to the bank to deposit my shiny, candy-like paycheck.

"Send the bill to Big Enos Burdett."  B-R... B-U-R...  Hell, i got to go!

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/2/19 12:49 p.m.

Just got my schedule for next week. We have two folks on vacation. I generally spend 99% of my work time in the evenings.. guess who has to be at work 6am on monday and tuesday? Generally 6am is a little over half way through my 7 hour  sleep cycle

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
3/2/19 1:13 p.m.

On the age gaps. My paternal grandfather died 43 years ago. My paternal grandmother is still alive. Four children and as many miscarriage/infant deaths to boot. Been single this last four decades plus. cool

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
3/2/19 6:37 p.m.

Scorcese is making a Netflix movie called ' The Irishman.'

It has three Italians and one German actor starring.

no

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
3/2/19 6:44 p.m.

Slightly perplexed rant. I have a charger that I have no idea what it belongs with. I suppose I should look for a serial number. smiley

Edit; fail. Generic audio/video search result but it has to be for a tool. Oh well I've got time tomorrow.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/2/19 7:03 p.m.

Just had to plunk down $160 for a new Rigid 18v drill driver to replace the $150 Dewalt I bought a few years ago. What a yellow piece of crap that Dewalt was. The transmission made it about 1 month past the warranty and the batteries are both stone cold dead. The charger tells me one needs to be replaced and doesn’t even acknowledge the existence of the other battery. 

This is a tool that is supposed to be solid quality and it can’t even stand up to mild Harry Homeowner use. 

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
3/2/19 7:33 p.m.

Finally went to mass in my new parish. Not sure who was the officiating priest. One of them made a flub quoting scripture. 

They did finish with a prayer to Michael the Archangel which is good.

There were no guitars also good but it was Saturday.

And I'm gonna have to polish up my pronunciation of ' Noli Me Tangere.'

p.s. spending several minutes minutely going over the donation literature for the archdiocese. Don't make me walk out. I've done it before.

indecision

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
3/2/19 7:54 p.m.

Do rants have to be negative? Too bad.

I got my GRM magazines! smiley 

Now the negative, so much reading, so little time. sad

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/2/19 7:59 p.m.

Ugh.  Between the glacial progress recovering from her accident and the constant health issues we do almost nothing.  I’ve been on vacation for the past two weeks and was really looking forward to going someplace warm.  Instead I’ve driven her to her office a few days, doctors and therapy the others, and she’s so run down from it we are in bed by 8:30 every night.  Between work and home I don’t enjoy anything anymore. My blood pressure is up, I’ve gained back the 100 pounds I lost, and i have no motivation to do anything.  

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
3/2/19 8:09 p.m.

Ex-roommate owes me a decent chunk of money.  

I won in small claims court, am now having to lawyer up to get his wages garnished.  

Contacted him to verify where he's working, he tells me, then accuses me of 'making it weird' and not giving him a chance to set up a payment plan or something.  

Motherberkeleyer hasn't paid back a dime in the six months since he moved out, what the hell did he expect me to do?

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/3/19 12:23 p.m.
SnowMongoose said:

I won in small claims court, am now having to lawyer up to get his wages garnished.  

Contacted him to verify where he's working, he tells me, then accuses me of 'making it weird' and not giving him a chance to set up a payment plan or something.  

Motherberkeleyer hasn't paid back a dime in the six months since he moved out, what the hell did he expect me to do?

Accept that you never ever be paid because he thinks hes wonderful?

People like that try to shift blame or yell over everyone else because they know they are wrong....and lack the cojanes to just do the right thing. I try to eject these people from my life ASAP

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
3/3/19 1:25 p.m.
SnowMongoose said:

At this point, I'd probably remind him you had to go to court to get him to pay in the first place.

Dirtydog
Dirtydog GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/3/19 1:31 p.m.
Wally said:

Ugh.  Between the glacial progress recovering from her accident and the constant health issues we do almost nothing.  I’ve been on vacation for the past two weeks and was really looking forward to going someplace warm.  Instead I’ve driven her to her office a few days, doctors and therapy the others, and she’s so run down from it we are in bed by 8:30 every night.  Between work and home I don’t enjoy anything anymore. My blood pressure is up, I’ve gained back the 100 pounds I lost, and i have no motivation to do anything.  

I know what your going through.  Two weeks into spinal fusion recovery, and I'm going nuts.  My wife is disabled, and she is trying to do everything.  Meanwhile, I'm not allowed to do anything for another couple of weeks. It stinks just sitting around, watching my wife struggle.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
3/3/19 2:31 p.m.
Bent-Valve said:

Do rants have to be negative? Too bad.

I got my GRM magazines! smiley 

Now the negative, so much reading, so little time. sad

Should be under First World Problems thread.  

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/3/19 2:44 p.m.

The brand new starter from the parts car is already dead. The grungy old ones of unknown origin  bench test fine. 

Its gonna have to wait until i feel like it. Just pisses me off to have lost a weekend of troubleshooting to a NEW part.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
3/3/19 6:25 p.m.

My back surgery was postponed because a stress test showed abnormal spots in the dye imaging of my heart. I'm 31 and freaking the hell out. Dont actually see the cardiologist until tomorrow. 4 days after my surgery was canceled 

1 ... 929 930 931 932 933 ... 2016

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ubEHxntprLtIXPWuPjhvp0j62zyiMsciHGmw3LVS9BiDUeUagSVVnxepjwc33tht