1 ... 937 938 939 940 941 ... 2016
Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/19/19 9:36 a.m.

There’s a screen in the waiting room that tracks patient’s progress through surgery. It crashed about half an hour ago so it’s just showing someone fiddling with an old Windows startup screen to get it running again. It’s not making me worry less.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/19/19 10:11 a.m.

In reply to Wally :

Best of luck and medical science to you folks, Walls.  We're all pulling for you both.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/19/19 10:16 a.m.

last year we got a new mailorder prescription plan at work. It was a royal pain to set up, involving my doctor having to twice send in my prescription and then getting insurance to accept it.

This year we have new insurance AND a new prescription plan with a new company. Going online, I can't get it to accept any of my insurance information and the wait time for speaking with somebody is a 45 minutes according to the phone system.

If only I could go down the street to the local pharmacy and do everything there.

Wally
3/19/19 10:25 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

I’ve decided to play with the internet to relax. What could go wrong?  

http://gothamist.com/2019/03/19/gun_case_subway.php?fbclid=IwAR0nYz_a3iwHfXL-uj7VmK0bTwX5hrG2zaR1q2PNov5GLRAmWyvDMwFLVUA

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/19/19 10:33 a.m.

Day 2 of knee + hip + lower back pain out of nowhere. Suddenly woke up with it Monday morning, too bad to go to work, seemingly fine all the sudden last night, and now this morning it's back and seems to be slowly getting worse.

Also paid to get the AC in my mom's Impreza gassed up and it all escaped again within a few days (after holding the last fill for about a year), now I have to find a used evaporator or get one slooowly shipped in with all the lovely new import costs I've been avoiding attached. It'd cost closer to 2.5x US retail price to get into my hands now, rather than the old 2x.

mod9
mod9 New Reader
3/19/19 10:38 a.m.

IF YOUE SITTING IN THE BACK OF THE PLANE . WHAT IS THE POINT OF STANDING, GET YOUR BAG , AND EXPECT TO GO TO THE FRONT WHEN SEATBELT LIGHT GOES OFF ??????????????????????

Wally
3/19/19 11:43 a.m.

The surgery is over and she’s breathing on her own.  The mass initially tested positive for granulosa, a form of cancer.  It was sent out for further testing to determine if she will need chemotherapy.  She can never make things easy. 

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
3/19/19 12:15 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

Glad to hear she is out of surgery,  hopefully the cancer was contained in the mass that was removed and has not spread. Still sending lots of positive vibes your way!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/19/19 1:17 p.m.
EastCoastMojo said:

In reply to Wally :

Glad to hear she is out of surgery,  hopefully the cancer was contained in the mass that was removed and has not spread. Still sending lots of positive vibes your way!

ALL OF THIS!  Good luck to you folks.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/19/19 2:07 p.m.

I just had a meeting with 5 of the stupidest people on the planet. I would have paid what I made, just to never know people that stupid existed in professional positions. Mind blown.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
3/19/19 2:59 p.m.

Prayers and thoughts headed your way Wally!

Glad she is out and holding her own.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
3/19/19 3:50 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01 :

Locally it looks like it's going to be a bumper crop of idiots come summer, the seedlings are up and they look strong.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
3/19/19 9:16 p.m.

New PC build has blue screened twice. It's going back too my friends for diagnostic work. 

Wally
3/19/19 10:19 p.m.

I should be better at this by now.  She probably wanted me to stay but she didn’t say so and I had to get out of that awful hospital chair so I left for dinner and a nap at my in-laws. Now I can’t sleep.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/19/19 10:53 p.m.
Wally said:

The surgery is over and she’s breathing on her own.  The mass initially tested positive for granulosa, a form of cancer.  It was sent out for further testing to determine if she will need chemotherapy.  She can never make things easy. 

I hope she doesn't need it. One step at a time Wally, it will get better!

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
3/20/19 1:25 a.m.

In reply to RevRico :

You live somewhere with lane markings other than for twatty bicyclists. You lucky bastard! laugh

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
3/20/19 1:30 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:

Times are tough, so there are several scrap men who roll through the neighborhood the day before trash pickup.   I put my scrap bin out with a couple rotors, some worn brake pads, etc. motherberkeleyer took the whole bin.  So berkeley those guys.  From now on it all goes in the dumpster at work.

Be thankful they're not taking your copper/aluminum downspouts whilst you're at work. Times be real hard then. Actually I don't buy that. More likely morals be hard to come by then. no

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/20/19 6:47 a.m.
nutherjrfan said:

In reply to RevRico :

You live somewhere with lane markings other than for twatty bicyclists. You lucky bastard! laugh

berkeley those neon colored speed bumps. I would never stop, let alone panic stop, to avoid any of them anymore. Living in and around SF, showed me what kind of plague they are on our cities and infrastructure.

"Oh look at me in my neon and spandex, I'm saving the world at 2mph, blocking traffic in all directions because laws don't apply to people on bicycles" well I'm in a 5000lb 4wd, get the berkeley out of my way or get a painful lesson in the laws of physics.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
3/20/19 9:55 a.m.

Flakey buyer for the MX-5.  He wanted to see the car saturday, no problem I'm gonna be cleaning and working in the shop all day.....no show.  His excuse is that his baby mamma stuck him with the kids.

Yesterday he asks if I'll be home so he can see/pick up the car.  Yup after work.  He asks what name to have the bank write on the check as he's getting a loan for it.  I tell him it's my car in my name so the check should be made out to me.  I get home and Tiger Mom needs me to go pick up some stuff from an auction, but I'm under the impression Flakey McFlakeface is coming over so I message him.  Then again in 30 minutes.  Finally he responds that the bank wouldn't finance him for less that 17% and he doesn't want to go that high, so he just didn't show up. 

Well it is in that weird zone of being 13 years old and $6,500 so too old for financing but more cash than most people have laying around but jeeze it's tough selling a convertible some days.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
3/20/19 10:06 a.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:

Flakey buyer for the MX-5.  He wanted to see the car saturday, no problem I'm gonna be cleaning and working in the shop all day.....no show.  His excuse is that his baby mamma stuck him with the kids.

Yesterday he asks if I'll be home so he can see/pick up the car.  Yup after work.  He asks what name to have the bank write on the check as he's getting a loan for it.  I tell him it's my car in my name so the check should be made out to me.  I get home and Tiger Mom needs me to go pick up some stuff from an auction, but I'm under the impression Flakey McFlakeface is coming over so I message him.  Then again in 30 minutes.  Finally he responds that the bank wouldn't finance him for less that 17% and he doesn't want to go that high, so he just didn't show up. 

Well it is in that weird zone of being 13 years old and $6,500 so too old for financing but more cash than most people have laying around but jeeze it's tough selling a convertible some days.

Tell him to try PenFed, but you probably don't want to deal with him anyways. And if a guy has a "baby mama" that "sticks him with the kids", he probably isn't the guy who should be buying this car if he can't just pay for it. 

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/20/19 3:52 p.m.

Watching a Barrett Jackson auction on TV because I'm bored....holy crap do these guys know nothing about cars.

The announcer is talking about a Shelby cobra replica and the fact that it has an overdrive manual tranny in it that.." keeps the revs to 6800 at highway speeds. That's really low if you don't know" I admit I'm not super well versed in cobras but that sounds high....

Another the guy is drooling over a 69 z28 which he says "comes with the factory 5 speed instead of the 6 speed, which is super rare" the camera literally focuses in on the sticker over the top that says 4 speed, like the camera man is laughing at him.....and he should be

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/20/19 6:14 p.m.
RevRico said:
nutherjrfan said:

In reply to RevRico :

berkeley those neon colored speed bumps. I would never stop, let alone panic stop, to avoid any of them anymore. Living in and around SF, showed me what kind of plague they are on our cities and infrastructure.

"Oh look at me in my neon and spandex, I'm saving the world at 2mph, blocking traffic in all directions because laws don't apply to people on bicycles" well I'm in a 5000lb 4wd, get the berkeley out of my way or get a painful lesson in the laws of physics.

Dude, I'm sure you're joking, but seriously chill the berkeley out before you stroke out.  The laws do apply to bicyclists and they have rights to the roads too.  Not all bicyclists are terrible people, just like not all car people are complete shiny happy people.  As usual, its the few bad apples that ruin it for everyone.

Wally
3/20/19 7:03 p.m.

Just as the Final Jeopardy Answer was coming up the tv in our room went out.  Judging by the groaning around us I’d guess everyone else’s did too.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/20/19 10:39 p.m.
Wally
3/20/19 11:10 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

We’ll accept that.

1 ... 937 938 939 940 941 ... 2016

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vMlwoWHK6JKXaWJ5t96bAIJ2hXPbENwPYedMOr5m1ZGzFEnCROiDkZn5iPnnrV8R