1 ... 942 943 944 945 946 ... 2016
Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/31/19 4:25 p.m.
Knurled. said:
Streetwiseguy said:
Knurled. said:

Realizing now that the bathroom is out of toilet paper.

Are you currently occupied in the traditional use of the bathroom?  Like, fully committed?

It was morning, and I was reading GRM on my tablet, so...

(How did people survive before wi-fi?  CAT5 connections in the bathroom?)

Before WiFi I always had some sort of paper in the bathroom.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/31/19 4:38 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

Too tempting. But i have a rag and a loghter....

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/31/19 4:54 p.m.

I tried to fill out my 1040 today. I made $31,000 last year. I had to fill out 3 additional forms because of government mandated insurance. According to the insane calculations within those 3 forms, I owe $16,000 in taxes. Gee, I wonder which of the 4 forms I messed up on?

There's only one tax form. About the size of a postcard. It'll be easier, the big Cheeto said. My berkeleying ass.  I'd rather stick my dick in a vice and repete Calculus 2.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
3/31/19 6:10 p.m.

Amazon order, shows as delivered at 2:31pm. I checked at 2:39pm. Not there. Never had anything stolen off our porch before, and it says delivered in mailbox... 

C’mon, USPS. I don’t care if it gets delivered today or tomorrow or Wednesday. I just want to know it’s not stolen. This is why you’re a failing company and UPS, FedEx, and Amazon are going to put you out of business. 

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
3/31/19 8:35 p.m.

Why is it the funnel I need is always dirty or wet with the wrong fluid/oil no matter how I try to clean or store it?

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
3/31/19 8:47 p.m.
Wally said:
Knurled. said:
Streetwiseguy said:
Knurled. said:

Realizing now that the bathroom is out of toilet paper.

Are you currently occupied in the traditional use of the bathroom?  Like, fully committed?

It was morning, and I was reading GRM on my tablet, so...

(How did people survive before wi-fi?  CAT5 connections in the bathroom?)

Before WiFi I always had some sort of paper in the bathroom.

I actually read the New Yorker once.  Shudder. smiley

Now I keep the Kindle paperwhite in there.  It is loaded to the gills with books. smiley

Dusterbd13-michael
4/1/19 1:22 a.m.

Follow up: im home thanks to dallas and a trailer. He just drove 8 hours round trip after working all day to rescue me and my busted ass truck. Theres no way to repay him.

Im truly blessed to call him part of my family. 

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/1/19 4:06 a.m.
mtn said:

Amazon order, shows as delivered at 2:31pm. I checked at 2:39pm. Not there. Never had anything stolen off our porch before, and it says delivered in mailbox... 

C’mon, USPS. I don’t care if it gets delivered today or tomorrow or Wednesday. I just want to know it’s not stolen. This is why you’re a failing company and UPS, FedEx, and Amazon are going to put you out of business. 

In my experience in this exact same situation, the package was marked as "delivered" but actually showed up the next day. I have had stuff that was misdelivered but that was one or two packages out of hundreds, maybe a thousand. If you have a smartphone, I highly suggest USPS's app called Informed Delivery. It shows you what is scheduled to be delivered that day. A picture is taken when your mail is sorted so you can see what exactly should be delivered. Packages still have to be manually added and they don't take pictures of them unfortunately. It helps but does not guarantee that your stuff won't get stolen or delivered to your neighbor.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/1/19 4:11 a.m.
mtn said:

My junk keeps getting left at the next door neighbor's house whenever it gets shipped via usps. If something says its been delivered and it's nowhere to be found I go ask him, if he doesn't bring it up to the house first.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/1/19 6:47 a.m.
Daylan C said:
My junk keeps getting left at the next door neighbor's house...

Now I have Detachable Penis stuck in my head.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=byDiILrNbM4

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/1/19 7:11 a.m.

In reply to Wally :

Noted. Will use the word garbage next time.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/1/19 7:52 a.m.

King Missle for the win.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
4/1/19 8:09 a.m.

Of course I need to reset the TPMS system when I rotate the berkeleying tires.

Of course I do.  

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/1/19 8:29 a.m.
Bent-Valve said:

Why is it the funnel I need is always dirty or wet with the wrong fluid/oil no matter how I try to clean or store it?

Out-of-context quoting FTW.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
4/1/19 8:49 a.m.

GAH!  Two days ago, I'm canoeing on the river in shorts and a tee shirt.  Today it's so frickin' cold, I'm outside for five minutes in a heavy shirt and a jacket and my fingers go numb in the frigid wind.  Check the thermometer and it's THIRTY freaking SEVEN degrees!  Plus wind chill!  ACK!  Uninhabitable! 

Not going outside again until tomorrow.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
4/1/19 8:50 a.m.
volvoclearinghouse said:

Of course I need to reset the TPMS system when I rotate the berkeleying tires.

Of course I do.  

Technology.  It makes our lives easier. wink

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
4/1/19 9:55 a.m.
Daylan C said:

In reply to Wally :

Don't call your penis garbage, it'll get depressed.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/1/19 10:15 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Im in tamarack west Virginia waiting on brother dallas with a trailer. I have admitted deafeat before i et hurt or hurt someone else.  

Anyone want to buy a stepside? Im about to light this motherberkeleyer on fire. 

I'm sorry to hear this dude. I'm glad you are safe.

wae
wae SuperDork
4/1/19 10:32 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Im in tamarack west Virginia waiting on brother dallas with a trailer. I have admitted deafeat before i et hurt or hurt someone else.  

Anyone want to buy a stepside? Im about to light this motherberkeleyer on fire. 

Woah, spend a day away from the forum and miss a lot, apparently!  What happened?

Dusterbd13-michael
4/1/19 10:38 a.m.

Lost all ability to control the truck with the steering wheel. For the third time. Was down to 35mph to keep it between the guardrails. Tank slapper was common. 

But we are home. Truck is going to time out to think about what it's done. 

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
4/1/19 11:12 a.m.

Yikes

wae
wae SuperDork
4/1/19 11:35 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Oh man, that sounds like a horror movie!  

Dusterbd13-michael
4/1/19 12:48 p.m.

I will be picking seat cloth out of my colon for a while. And reinjured my shoulder. But, far better than what could have been. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/1/19 1:21 p.m.
dculberson said:
Daylan C said:

In reply to Wally :

Don't call your penis garbage, it'll get depressed.

I try not to over promise.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/1/19 3:08 p.m.

Either my rental company or the power company had something mixed up. I've been paying someone else's bill and they've been paying mine. (Mine gets paid by the rental company, so I couldn't have done anything really.) Rental company noticed, somehow and had me double check the meters, which showed that this was the case for sure. They told me now that they got the accounts sorted out, but didn't say anything about correcting the differences in the bills. The other apartment is electric heat, and mine is gas, so most likely I've been paying the higher bill. Depending on the amount I might say don't worry about it, but you'd think the company I pay to take care of my business should be working for me. Or at least ask how I wanted to proceed.

1 ... 942 943 944 945 946 ... 2016

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3tFmeRiXIFkoz39LJdjaYCkfbkwxipCG4PnpyjnEgm0JTyUMUYUu9p50TtCpm7VX