1 ... 956 957 958 959 960 ... 2016
Wayslow
Wayslow HalfDork
4/26/19 3:42 p.m.

DD#2 asked me for $100 because she’s going on a date. I asked why the boy wasn’t paying and she informed me that she didn’t buy into the stereotype where the man always pays. The irony was lost on her.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/26/19 3:47 p.m.
Wayslow said:

DD#2 asked me for $100 because she’s going on a date. I asked why the boy wasn’t paying and she informed me that she didn’t buy into the stereotype where the man always pays. The irony was lost on her.

Did you tell her that you do, and not give her the money?

Also, what date is a teenager taking that costs $100? Holy cow, my wife and I haven't had a date that cost that much in a long time--the two exceptions being theater (not movie) and Blackhawks games.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/26/19 3:52 p.m.
Wayslow said:

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
4/26/19 4:14 p.m.

Really, Subaru? My brothers 5 year old Impreza has a seatbelt fail and you cant get him in to inspect that yes, it is broken, for two weeks? Two weeks? Hope you are OK paying his seatbelt violation tickets for the next two weeks, because we have an abundance of bored cops around here and they'll be all over this, not to mention the safety problem. Two weeks doesn't work anyway since he starts his new job on tuesday. In another state.

Maybe my unfounded dislike for Subaru has at least some foundation now.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
4/26/19 4:25 p.m.

In reply to Wayslow :

Hahahaha!  Oh that is awesome, thank you for the much needed laugh!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/26/19 7:26 p.m.

berkeley you Rustoleum. I'm done with your sorry ass. I don't know how many corporate hacks you paid off to get exclusive rights to cram your E36 M3e in every store in the area, but I'm actively seeking out Krylon from now on. You've ruined the last project of mine. 

Eat E36 M3. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/26/19 7:35 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

You know why Krylon is awesome?  It's from Cleveland.

Subscriber-unavailabile
Subscriber-unavailabile Reader
4/26/19 7:57 p.m.

Went to do weekly check on fluids and such on my zx2. Decided to clean all grounds and batt terminals. Now car will only run couple seconds before dieing. Time to dive into a worm pool 

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
4/26/19 8:25 p.m.

Someone sent an annoying email at 4:30 on Friday afternoon, which I had to deal with. 

Save it for Monday, shiny happy person. 

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/26/19 10:13 p.m.
NickD said:
Antihero said:

They got signed to Roadrunner...

Are the band members all sporting ramen noodle hair these days?

Thankfully no

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/27/19 3:14 p.m.

Since I've been using my laptop more, that "features" pull down tab on the top of the site is getting REALLY freaking annoying. I want to go to latest topics, not "shop work", but every single time I come to the page and go to hit "latest topics" I wind up in "shop work"

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
4/27/19 4:01 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater :

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/27/19 5:01 p.m.

Wife and I are kidless. Lets go on a date, see the new avengers movie!

Sold out at every theatre in a 40 mile radius. berkeley.

So, instead, chick-fil-a and simpsons. Still a date, just not the one we were hoping to get. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/27/19 5:34 p.m.

Lots of bad E36 M3 floating around in my head right. Feeling stuck, dead end job. Ovid's passing isn't helping.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
4/27/19 10:26 p.m.

Just bought a new battery and a car (12 volt) charger for my computer so I can download the dash cam videos in the truck.

I get home put the new battery in and charge it on the dock. I slip the card in and it won't read. Hoping it's the adapter I try a new one.

I just spent $50 bucks on a computer with a berkleyed SD slot. Oh and it wasn't like that when I ordered them.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/27/19 10:29 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Lots of bad E36 M3 floating around in my head right. Feeling stuck, dead end job. Ovid's passing isn't helping.

Hey man, we are here for you. So are the people in your life. If you need to talk, I'm at three six oh five one of three six six six.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
4/27/19 10:32 p.m.

Oh and Pyro bought me a nice electric 80 volt chainsaw. Don't laugh. It works great.

I get home and the chain is dull because she confiscated it this week. 

(Not sure I should be unhappy, she saved me a lot of work) cheeky

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/27/19 10:37 p.m.
Appleseed said:

I take it as a reminder to be excellent to each other.  And stop procrastinating, because tomorrow is always a day that never comes.

Also, oddly enough, proof that using a truck as a DD is a sign of having given up on life, but this is kind of roundabout logic that is also somewhat self-evident.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/28/19 11:10 a.m.

Thanks fellas.  Not going to do something stupid. Just frustrated with current work, the fact that the union has rescheduled my interview 3 berking times, other random crap. When you've got bad fellings and it starts to feed on itself.  

I'm in a lot better place today.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/28/19 11:58 a.m.

So I sold that TPI manifold and threw in some section of the wiring harness on the deal. Well some of it got left behind when the buyer left. And the only way I have to reach him is a Facebook message, which he seems to not be receiving. He drove a fair distance to meet me at home so I figured I'd just mail the stuff to him since it's small. But it's kind of hard to do that if you don't know where to send it. I guess all I can do is hold onto it and hope he notices and messages me. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/28/19 10:19 p.m.

We just put in a bid on a house. We qualify for assistance as first time home buyers. It will be tight for a while, but we can do it. It's more money than I can contemplate. I'm scared to berkeleying death.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/28/19 11:12 p.m.
Appleseed said:

We just put in a bid on a house. We qualify for assistance as first time home buyers. It will be tight for a while, but we can do it. It's more money than I can contemplate. I'm scared to berkeleying death.

I'll buy all the abrassives for the first "let's make this junk into a Ute" party. 

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/29/19 5:52 a.m.

Ive been at this job for like 3 years now and i still hate getting paid monthly.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
4/29/19 8:19 a.m.
Appleseed said:

When I bought my first house, it cost 4 times what I made in a year, before taxes.  Yeah, the scared thing is natural.  Just keep reminding yourself, the house will go up in value, your paycheck will go up (eventually!) but your mortgage payment is pretty much locked in for 30 years.  Around Year 10 it gets noticeably easier.

You're in it for the long game.  *thumbs up*  

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/29/19 8:40 a.m.
Appleseed said:

Where's the new house? 

Yeah, our house was about 6x our invididual incomes and 3x our total incomes at the time we bought. Incomes have gone up, housing payment has stayed the same though in those 3 years. Terrifying, but better than looking for a new place to live every year.

1 ... 956 957 958 959 960 ... 2016

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FWe3wm0MrSMKmJpObOi0cvjjdoz4YNvxcL3kz3NCEvAEKovCR5Y5twOPe1XEvQuZ