1 ... 962 963 964 965 966 ... 2016
Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/6/19 11:18 p.m.

Berk SunTrust

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
5/6/19 11:44 p.m.

Had to crush half of my fleet last week.  

Yay taking a bath on projects!

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
5/7/19 2:26 p.m.

WHY IN THE HELL is the low pressure service port where it is on a 2010 ford transit?

I have to lay on my back, jam a fender liner out of the way, and reach up on top of the accumulator to get to the goddamn thing. All to confirm that it has a massive leak somewhere for the third time and the ac wont be working.

The people who think the positioning of this E36 M3 up need to be castrated with a hammer.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
5/7/19 2:43 p.m.

"Irregardless" is a trigger word for me. I'm horrified by the number of mid-to-high-ranking military officers use it on a regular basis.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/7/19 4:30 p.m.

I am now registered for two rallycrosses, and my car is comprehensively disassembled.  And I still need to request time off of work.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/7/19 4:35 p.m.

I loathe every Adobe product I am forced to use.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/7/19 4:40 p.m.

Berk health insurance companies. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/7/19 5:34 p.m.

In reply to noddaz :

A-berking-men!

Javelin
5/7/19 6:07 p.m.

Berk double nerve conduction studies 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/7/19 6:14 p.m.

My brother got this thing driveable

First stop light on his way home some guy backs into him. Doh!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/7/19 6:47 p.m.

It's just the internet. Why the hell did I get worked up over some motorcycle danger thread? 

Chesterfield
Chesterfield Reader
5/7/19 7:27 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

I agree, I have to get all four limbs tested again for the second time in six months. It is going to be a barrel of laughs.

Javelin
5/7/19 8:10 p.m.

In reply to Chesterfield :

I just got through #8 on both hands, arms, and neck again.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
5/7/19 8:12 p.m.

OK, got the shock onto the lower control arm, got it torqued up. Got literally every fastner torqued up except the front bolt on the lower front control arm. It's pretty rusty so it fought me going in and as I turned it ... SNAP. Yep, broke the last bolt going in. Nut is captured as part of the control arm. I just ordered a replacement; the $40 isn't a big deal but the delay sucks. I want this thing done.

@Chandler: OH NO THAT SUCKS!!! My rant is very minor compared to that. Ugh.

Crxpilot
Crxpilot Reader
5/7/19 10:47 p.m.

I make a decent salary.  Wife makes 50% more.  I'm a remote repair tech for a company based 6 hrs away.  I have....free time. (jinxed now for sure).  Want to work an extra job from home to pay off student debt but nothing is appealing to me yet.  Send me ideas or chuckle at the minorness of my minor rant.

Chesterfield
Chesterfield Reader
5/7/19 11:01 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Dude, that is no fun. Hopefully, they can make things manageable. My drs are still trying to figure out why I random moments of pain, tingling, numbness and tremors in my hands and feet.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/8/19 6:55 a.m.

The last guy to put this harmonic balancer on used some sprt of locker on the press fit. 45 minutes so far. If they weren't worth 50 buhcks, id scrap it with the engine 

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero UltraDork
5/8/19 8:07 a.m.

I.  Hate. Selling. E36 M3!

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/8/19 8:30 a.m.

Yesterday I decided to attack our carpenter bee problem in a different manner than swatting them out of the sky with a electrified tennis racket and spraying them with bug-spray foam: I took a can of expanding foam and used it to fill in all of the nest holes that I could find. This worked pretty well- except for the part where I didn't think to put on a pair of rubber gloves and got foam all over my fingers. An evening of scraping and sanding and soaking them in petroleum jelly (sounds weird- and it was- but it was recommended to loosen the foam and does seem to have helped a bit) and I've still got a bunch of it on my fingers.

Riding in this morning on the bike my foot slipped off the pedal when I thought it was clipped in solidly and slammed my shin into the pedal resulting in a nice-sized scrape and a good bit of pain from the impact against the bone beneath. And it had to happen less than 1/3 of the way to work, so I had to push through the pain and get the rest of the way here. 

Finally... I'm getting pretty frustrated trying to sell the Rampage. I've had it up for sale pretty much since the Challenge last year, and only ever gotten very lowball offers on it. 

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/8/19 8:47 a.m.
Crxpilot said:

I make a decent salary.  Wife makes 50% more.  I'm a remote repair tech for a company based 6 hrs away.  I have....free time. (jinxed now for sure).  Want to work an extra job from home to pay off student debt but nothing is appealing to me yet.  Send me ideas or chuckle at the minorness of my minor rant.

Harbor Freight? All the Hammers you could ever want!

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
5/8/19 9:13 a.m.

Going to get Pyro a new vehicle next year. She's doing research and likes my CR-V. So we go to look at everything similar.

They should warn you, have a little flap with a red warning sticker, or something....

Sit down.....seriously.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/8/19 10:15 a.m.

^That much money should get you at least 2, maybe 3 new CR-Vs.

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
5/8/19 10:22 a.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

If I had 2022 dollars I'd offer.

And then I'd hate myself because I'd be trying to use a budget race car as a daily.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/8/19 11:41 a.m.

In reply to Grizz :

Frankly, I'd let it go to another GRMer for a modest bit less than that, especially if they had an interest in taking it back to the Challenge. At this point I as much just want it gone and to have the space to work on other things I should be doing (the DMC...) as I need the money from selling it (though that will help with things on the cabin).

And as far as daily drivers go, it's certainly not the worst budget race car you could daily given its only truly notable enhancement is the turbo engine and it has a full interior (no AC though).

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/8/19 11:48 a.m.
Ashyukun (Robert) said:

Yesterday I decided to attack our carpenter bee problem in a different manner than swatting them out of the sky with a electrified tennis racket and spraying them with bug-spray foam: I took a can of expanding foam and used it to fill in all of the nest holes that I could find. This worked pretty well- except for the part where I didn't think to put on a pair of rubber gloves and got foam all over my fingers. An evening of scraping and sanding and soaking them in petroleum jelly (sounds weird- and it was- but it was recommended to loosen the foam and does seem to have helped a bit) and I've still got a bunch of it on my fingers.

Riding in this morning on the bike my foot slipped off the pedal when I thought it was clipped in solidly and slammed my shin into the pedal resulting in a nice-sized scrape and a good bit of pain from the impact against the bone beneath. And it had to happen less than 1/3 of the way to work, so I had to push through the pain and get the rest of the way here. 

Finally... I'm getting pretty frustrated trying to sell the Rampage. I've had it up for sale pretty much since the Challenge last year, and only ever gotten very lowball offers on it. 

A Rampage is on my list of things i want, got an ad somewhere up i can look at?

1 ... 962 963 964 965 966 ... 2016

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gt10hI50t6AJOfxk7D9cdBUMa9l0Ahe3iSfuiEOzMtj37WqID5FwrVC9z1bfhN3t