1 ... 4 5 6
m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/23/12 7:44 a.m.

Oh wow. I'm livid. Though I'm at fault as well.

Insurance paid the claim:

• Charged - $3858.60
  • Provider negotiated discount - $1958.74
  • Provider may bill you - $0.00

If I'd delved further into my plan I would have found out that Diagnostic X-Rays (which cover CT Scans, MRIs, X-Ray, etc.) are covered 100% with no co-pay.

So the Imaging center she had to go to just looked on the back of the card, saw it says 80%/20% after $500 deductible and called/computer checked with insurance if the deductible had been met, w/out inquiring about the specific procedure.

Less learned, they'll be refunding me everything I paid - but I certainly could have used that cash in the meantime. I don't use credit at all.

So happy ending overall.

Wife is healing - she was able to shower on her own yesterday. Showering with her over the last week wasn't as fun as it normally is.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
5/23/12 8:06 a.m.
DuctTape&Bondo wrote: Glad to hear it went well.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: Well sure.... but just bear in mind that most of the big insurance companies have had significant layoffs and have been outsourcing just to be able to conform to the minimum percent payout mandate in the Health Care Reform Act. (You hear that? That's Health Care Reform costing US citizens THEIR JOBS.) Additional cost, while POSSIBLE, would likely again come with the loss of more jobs in the US. Some companies would be able to do it and stay afloat. (Wellpoint, UHC...) Other smaller companies would go under, bringing the two juggernauts closer to a monopoly. (Which is inherently evil according to society, even when they are heavily regulated by the government!)
Yup. We're losing a lot of jobs here to India and the Philippines and I don't think it's going to stop. Lot of my friends got the ax and I'd say the writing is on the wall for the rest of us.

We actually just had a meeting yesterday confirming that they just hired a batch of trainers to train people overseas to do our jobs. I doubt i've got more than a couple years left here before i get E36 M3-canned.

Thanks Health Care Reform!

92CelicaHalfTrac
5/23/12 8:08 a.m.
m4ff3w wrote: Oh wow. I'm livid. Though I'm at fault as well. Insurance paid the claim: + Charged - $3858.60 + Provider negotiated discount - $1958.74 + Provider may bill you - $0.00 If I'd delved further into my plan I would have found out that Diagnostic X-Rays (which cover CT Scans, MRIs, X-Ray, etc.) are covered 100% with no co-pay. So the Imaging center she had to go to just looked on the back of the card, saw it says 80%/20% after $500 deductible and called/computer checked with insurance if the deductible had been met, w/out inquiring about the specific procedure. Less learned, they'll be refunding me everything I paid - but I certainly could have used that cash in the meantime. I don't use credit at all. So happy ending overall. Wife is healing - she was able to shower on her own yesterday. Showering with her over the last week wasn't as fun as it normally is.

Good to hear!!!!!!

PS: Next time don't pay anything up front. ASSuming you have some sort of BCBS coverage and you're visiting in-network providers, it's against their Provider Contract with BCBS to demand payment up front.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/23/12 8:09 a.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: We actually just had a meeting yesterday confirming that they just hired a batch of trainers to train people overseas to do our jobs. I doubt i've got more than a couple years left here before i get E36 M3-canned. Thanks Health Care Reform!

Damn that sucks, hope it doesn't go that way for you.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/23/12 9:11 a.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: We actually just had a meeting yesterday confirming that they just hired a batch of trainers to train people overseas to do our jobs. I doubt i've got more than a couple years left here before i get E36 M3-canned. Thanks Health Care Reform!

Since you're on the inside...how is health care reform causing this? This isn't a trap. I'm honestly curious for the insiders view.

Two stories that might make you feel better.

Are CIOs Looking to Bring Outsourced IT Jobs Back In-House?

Dell moves outsourced jobs back to U.S. shores

Any working Joe can tell you outsourcing doesn't work. It's the special idiots at the top who can't seem to get it past their thick skulls.

92CelicaHalfTrac
5/23/12 9:12 a.m.

It's the low hanging fruit to meet the mandated payout percentages. It's not up to me to decide whether or not it works, but it's what they're doing.

If it truly didn't work, it wouldn't be embraced by so many companies. It's pretty rare that i have to call customer service somewhere and i get someone that speaks English as a first language.

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xZZtLajN8KaFODNYoARmQWNXUYhlgYDkvAzvwHnAcbxz4E8HcIpyi8wGxEqcfdvn