1 2
EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
4/18/14 7:36 a.m.

In reply to Apis_Mellifera: Brilliant!!!

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/18/14 8:44 a.m.

After you third question don't forget to tell them they are wrong because they were told something else earlier. That's my favorite.

On my lunch break I either put on a hoodie over my uniform and go fot a walk or sit in my car.

kazoospec wrote: You could always make your van look a little more like this: Prop a camera in the window. Eat in peace for the rest of your life.

It won't help. Last week right before the President's helicopter landed here the place was crawling with various agents. A van unloaded several men in armor with scary looking guns and unfriendly dogs. They were instantly swarmed by tourists asking directions.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/18/14 9:00 a.m.
Apis_Mellifera wrote:
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: In reply to EastCoastMojo: I was thinking about one of these:
I have one of those in my office that I made into an actual clock. I set it 5 minutes fast so when people pop in and see it, they wait..and wait.. forever.

That's brilliant!

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic UberDork
4/18/14 1:17 p.m.
Apis_Mellifera wrote:
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: In reply to EastCoastMojo: I was thinking about one of these:
I have one of those in my office that I made into an actual clock. I set it 5 minutes fast so when people pop in and see it, they wait..and wait.. forever.

This is genius.

pilotbraden
pilotbraden SuperDork
4/18/14 1:38 p.m.
Kenny_McCormic wrote:
Apis_Mellifera wrote:
This is genius.

Is this your office in the photo? If so who is that on the right?

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver UltraDork
4/18/14 2:10 p.m.

In reply to pilotbraden:

Perhaps one of these?

Apis_Mellifera
Apis_Mellifera Reader
4/18/14 2:45 p.m.

Yes, it is my office, deep within the bowels of a monolithic government building. And yes, it is a homemade leg lamp... and a homemade Han in Carbonite, an Ogee clock, a lightsaber, one of the radio models my family sold commercially during the 20's and 30s, a 70s Kenner Darth Vader, a 1:10 scale Porsche 906 chassis I modeled and 3D printed, a small theremin, misc. parts of cars I owned, some Play-Doh, two lightning rods, photos of: Don Knotts, my wife, our three children and my dear, departed cat Clovis, two slot cars, my one-rung "ladder of success", and the head of Tom Servo. None of it relates to my actual job.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
4/18/14 2:50 p.m.

Han Solo in carbonite and Tom Servo's head?!

Mind.....blown.

Apis_Mellifera
Apis_Mellifera Reader
4/18/14 2:54 p.m.

Sorry to hijack the thread - probably should have started a "what's in your office?" thread.

Lancer007
Lancer007 Reader
4/18/14 7:33 p.m.

That is awesome, if I had an office I'd like to think it would have some cool E36 M3 like that.

corytate
corytate UltraDork
4/18/14 9:19 p.m.

In reply to Lancer007:

I came here to post that.
I did that the other day at work as a joke lol

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 SuperDork
4/18/14 9:25 p.m.

One does not simply "make" a "Han in carbonite" without detailing how.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Dork
4/18/14 9:28 p.m.

In reply to Apis_Mellifera: Your Yoda I have

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
4/19/14 9:52 a.m.

In reply to Apis_Mellifera:

When the HR people need to see you and tell you to bring your personal items; you plan to make it interesting...LOL

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/19/14 9:57 a.m.

Especially when the see the lamp was made with a real leg.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1LGJFFfi3KAfaHrjOhblTi3UsSgFAoWen7wP5R9Owgi9NLhYmjxagIEYOvGByfev