1 2 3
BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon Dork
8/12/12 10:40 p.m.

I dunno if I just look like a Brian, but people all my life have been calling me Brian. Acquaintances in school, former co-workers, Aircooled inside the GT5 races, and most recently a couple of guys at my new job.

What gives? Anyone here constantly call someone the wrong name?

I guess I should look on the bright side...

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
8/12/12 10:50 p.m.

Brian: The name's Brian Soyer, but everybody calls me Brandon. Any of you guys call me Brian and I'll kill you.

Leon: Ooooooh.

Brian: You just made the list, buddy. And I don't like nobody touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. Also, I don't like nobody touching me. Now, any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you.

Sergeant Hulka: Lighten up, Brian.

\

Brian: I'm not the Brian! Will you please listen? I am not the Brian, do you understand? Honestly!

Girl: Only the true Brian denies His Brian-ness.

Brian: What? Well, what sort of chance does that give me? All right! I am the Brian!

Followers: He is! He is the Brian!

Brian: Now, f% off!

[silence]

Arthur: How shall we f% off, O Brian?

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/12/12 10:54 p.m.

People call me Arthur (my last name) quite a bit. I guess that is the trouble of having two first names (three if you count the middle one).

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
8/12/12 11:05 p.m.

I don't understand all the recent hatred from people that get called "Brian", even though that's not their actual name.

We have a guy at who has been driving there for about 4 years, who to this day insists that his name is "Ryan"...

We are all getting sick of having to constantly having to remind him that he is incorrect.

You are Brian... Deal with it!!

Grizz
Grizz Dork
8/12/12 11:18 p.m.

Hurry up and fix your mic Brian. And get the DLC while you're at it.

On a slightly serious note, try having everyone call you colon all the goddamn time. Some because they're stupid and think it's funny and other simply because they're stupid and think that's how Colin is pronounced.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro SuperDork
8/12/12 11:40 p.m.

I bet this gives Ryan Adams fits

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
8/13/12 12:04 a.m.

Don't feel bad, Brandon. My last name is only 4 letters, but no one was ever able to pronounce it correctly.

Finally, six years ago I started working with some guys from Germany, and all of a sudden people knew who I was.

To this day, I refuse to answer my radio at work if my name is not pronounced correctly... Much to the chagrin of my bosses.

mtn
mtn PowerDork
8/13/12 12:07 a.m.
grafmiata wrote: Don't feel bad, Brandon. My last name is only 4 letters, but no one was ever able to pronounce it correctly. Finally, six years ago I started working with some guys from Germany, and all of a sudden people knew who I was. To this day, I refuse to answer my radio at work if my name is not pronounced correctly... Much to the chagrin of my bosses.

Is it in your username? Then I'm gonna guess "Grah-ff"

novaderrik
novaderrik SuperDork
8/13/12 12:08 a.m.

maybe they think you are this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoaktW-Lu38

Ian F
Ian F UberDork
8/13/12 12:15 a.m.

I almost had folks trained to pronounce "Ian" correctly until that bastard from 90210 came along and insisted on pronouncing it wrong. If I'm in a grumpy mood, I will ignore somebody pronouncing it that way.

My last name - forget it... Only French speakers pronounce it truely correct, but that isn't the 200+ year old American-ized pronunciation.

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 UltraDork
8/13/12 12:19 a.m.

I'm Ed, but I'm really John. First name is John, but go by my middle name. Cop was looking at my license once and asked me my name. Got all bent out of shape when I acted like it was a trick question... Ended up okay, but sheesh.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/13/12 5:39 a.m.

In reply to fast_eddie_72:

Same here. Actually Pete is my 2nd middle name, and therefore isn't on any of my official documents, despite being my legal name.

Yeah, that's been a pain.

On the bright side, my father could have given me his first name - Rupes - which probably explains why he went by his middle name his entire life.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/13/12 6:45 a.m.

I go by my middle name, but most people just call me shiny happy person.

Otto Maddox
Otto Maddox SuperDork
8/13/12 8:02 a.m.

What is BoostedBrian so mad about?

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar Dork
8/13/12 8:54 a.m.

My wife's cousin's name is Brian. One day he got a piece of mail addressed to Brain. He was ranting and raving about how could somebody make that kind of mistake. My father-in-law told him "I don't know how anybody that knows you could make that mistake."

oldtin
oldtin SuperDork
8/13/12 9:15 a.m.

Lady at work has been calling me Nick for about 10 years. Corrected her for a couple years, but decided I like being Nick. After a while, Brian will grow on you and you can bask in your Brian-ness.

Conquest351
Conquest351 Dork
8/13/12 9:19 a.m.

My name IS Brian. When I answer the phone, "This is Brian..." I get everything BUT Brian.

Hey Greg...
Hey Brad...
Hey Ryan...
Hey George... (wtf?)
Hey Rick...

I'm like, "It's Brian". Don't get it. Oh well.

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver SuperDork
8/13/12 9:28 a.m.

I've worked with Bryan, Bryon and Brien. Never met a guy named Brian, but in high school I dated a girl named Brianne.

slefain
slefain SuperDork
8/13/12 9:30 a.m.

At least they don't call you Warren:

And my brother's name is Brandon. My name is Brian. We never got mixed up though.

dculberson
dculberson Dork
8/13/12 9:46 a.m.

His name's not Warren??

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UltraDork
8/13/12 9:48 a.m.

People have been calling me Dave all my life. Not just a few times, but regularly. People I've met once, and people I've known for 10 years will call me Dave. My dad is Dave, but none of these people know my him.

fasted58
fasted58 UltraDork
8/13/12 9:53 a.m.

.. and don't call me Shirley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A5t5_O8hdA

EricM
EricM SuperDork
8/13/12 10:13 a.m.

My name is Eric. I have, more than a few times, been called "Carl" by different groups of people. I don't even know a Carl...

iceracer
iceracer UltraDork
8/13/12 10:23 a.m.

Call me anything you want as long as you don't call me late for supper.

mtn
mtn PowerDork
8/13/12 10:28 a.m.
EricM wrote: My name is Eric. I have, more than a few times, been called "Carl" by different groups of people. I don't even know a Carl...

I've got an uncle Eric (but we call him Rick) and his sons name is Karl.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
r9yPKPVCNxrVXsGKp9ZkgFUzDf1BM9K51caE1Ahb9Z8ptI1AFCao4jLD5FJDrDS8