1 2 3
OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/1/18 10:48 a.m.

In reply to SVreX : do you mean without?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
7/1/18 10:58 a.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

I did.  Edited

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/1/18 11:06 a.m.
wae said:
frenchyd said:
Ian F said:

What did the SIL do in IT?  I've seen a fairly steady need for "on call" IT services for small businesses that can't really afford or justify a full-time person.  

Please realize I’m a complete Luddite when it comes to computers so I’m only parroting this. 

Something about Sequel server ?  Don’t even know if that’s how it’s spelled. 

Maybe it’s a mid life crisis thing but he refuses to get back doing it even though the money would get him out of his troubles. 

There is definitely still demand for SQL Server talent.  Even more if you're willing to shift those skills into other areas that are similar like MySQL & Postgres and even Oracle (although that's a slightly farther stretch).  Go way outside your box and learn Mongo or some of the new-agey things and you're really in demand.  A ton of that is even 100% remote work so physical location doesn't really matter as much.

I do a fair amount of work with mongoDB installations and it's not unusual to be asked if I could recommend anybody who's looking for a full time position in that field. While it doesn't strike me as the crazy money printing skill it used to be 5-6 years ago, it's still very viable and decently paid. Seems similar with the other new database technologies as well, although I don't have that much insight.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WKrgjhyXJraCgVXQlIt6HOFJS52ANMMIMwgLvVbAX01NGXCRfWjghiGiue7K7RUk