1 2 3
carguy123
carguy123 UltimaDork
3/7/13 10:03 a.m.

Can you imagine the field day the press and liberals would have after we dropped some kind of nuke, regardless of provocation?

The arm chair quarterbacks would always be able to figure out a better way - in hindsight.

PHeller
PHeller UltraDork
3/7/13 10:04 a.m.

Navy Seal vs NK SOF

SOF: "Die American Scum!" Seal: "Here's a candy bar." SOF: "I love you great satan!"

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
3/7/13 10:16 a.m.
carguy123 wrote: Can you imagine the field day the press and liberals would have after we dropped some kind of nuke, regardless of provocation?

We should just lob a fake one that explodes over the city and drops skittles.

RossD
RossD UberDork
3/7/13 10:26 a.m.

Taste the rainbow, bitches.

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
3/7/13 10:26 a.m.

beaten to the punch

I edited since B*tches wasn't filtered

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
3/7/13 10:35 a.m.

What kind of range does NK have anyway?

UN said: (CNN) -- The U.N. Security Council voted unanimously Thursday for tougher sanctions against North Korea. China, North Korea's key ally, could have vetoed the resolution -- but instead agreed to it. Leading up to the vote, Pyongyang unleashed an even harsher bout of fiery rhetoric than usual, threatening its enemies with the possibility of a "preemptive nuclear attack." Despite the strong language, analysts say North Korea is still years away from having the technology necessary to mount a nuclear warhead on a missile and aim it accurately at a target. The bellicose statement, carried by the North's state-run Korean Central News Agency, came during a week of high tension on the Korean Peninsula as military drills take place on either side of the heavily armed border that divides the two Koreas. On Tuesday, North Korea said it planned to scrap the armistice that stopped the Korean War in 1953 and warned it could carry out strikes against the United States and South Korea. Anger from North Korea over sanctions North Korea's nuclear ambitions Flash Brief: North Korea nuclear Rodman's bizarre trip to North Korea In a new statement Thursday, a spokesman for the North Korean foreign ministry suggested the United States "is set to light a fuse for a nuclear war." As a result, North Korea "will exercise the right to a preemptive nuclear attack to destroy the strongholds of the aggressors and to defend the supreme interests of the country," the statement said. Analysts say North Korea is unlikely to seek a direct military conflict with the United States, preferring instead to try to gain traction through threats and the build up of its military deterrent. READ: Report: North Korea threatens to end armistice South Korea had responded to Pyongyang's earlier saber-rattling with an unusually tough statement Wednesday, warning it would retaliate "strongly and sternly" against North's military command and forces if the "lives and safety of South Koreans" came under threat. The menacing language from North Korea is consistent with the array of bellicose statements it has made previously -- it has declared the cease-fire to be irrelevant before. But it comes amid increased concern over Pyongyang's dogged efforts to advance its nuclear and missile technology after a recent long-range rocket launch and underground atomic blast.
fritzsch
fritzsch HalfDork
3/7/13 10:59 a.m.
carguy123 wrote: Can you imagine the field day the press and liberals would have after we dropped some kind of nuke, regardless of provocation?

Im sure its not just liberals who have qualms about nuclear warfare.

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
3/7/13 11:01 a.m.

If they can put something into orbit, they can get it here......and I wouldn't put much faith in our "missile shield" as its a.) Never been tested and b.) Doesn't protect from an electromagnetic pulse.

If they do go to attempt this, it'll probably be just like Homefront predicted.....a nuclear weapon in orbit over the US disguised as a satellite. Detonate in orbit, EMP knocks out nearly everything. That'd be more effective than a nuclear strike on US soil.

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon Dork
3/7/13 11:08 a.m.

In reply to yamaha:

Homefront's plot was almost scary, hell even Kim Jong Il died in about the timeline of the game. However, in that game the two koreas had reunited, and I don't see that happening.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/7/13 11:11 a.m.

In reply to yamaha:

Except they can't put something in orbit, yet.

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
3/7/13 11:15 a.m.

In reply to Javelin:

They did get into space, even if suborbital....I admittedly haven't payed much attention to their sucess rate though.

Brandon, in that game they had news paper articles scattered around to find......some of them talked about how they pulled off the reunification, some over Japan, some over US, some over weapons they used, etc...That was really scary.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
3/7/13 11:25 a.m.

No missile needed. All they need to do is buy a decent size fishing boat, stuff a warhead in the cabin area then park it in a marina.

Sky_Render
Sky_Render Dork
3/7/13 11:25 a.m.
914Driver wrote: What kind of range does NK have anyway?

Range? Let's just say I'd be really concerned if I was a sea turtle living somewhere in the western half of the Pacific Ocean.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
3/7/13 11:27 a.m.
Jerry wrote: In reply to Curmudgeon: With your avatar, talking about US policy....... Ok, who will be riding the bomb out of the plane?? WOOO hoooo!!!

I ain't gonna ride the bomb. I'm gonna be one of the 'one guy for every ten women' types down in one of those mines.

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
3/7/13 11:40 a.m.
Curmudgeon wrote:
Jerry wrote: In reply to Curmudgeon: With your avatar, talking about US policy....... Ok, who will be riding the bomb out of the plane?? WOOO hoooo!!!
I ain't gonna ride the bomb. I'm gonna be one of the 'one guy for every ten women' types down in one of those mines.

What. A. Great. Movie.

General Jack D. Ripper said: I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Colonel Bat Guano said: You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company.
Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
3/7/13 11:45 a.m.

In reply to tuna55:

It really is a great movie. I watched it again the other night, laughed my ass off.

'If this thing gets any lower it's gonna need sleigh bells'.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/7/13 11:54 a.m.

ok, i'm lame, what movie?

kazoospec
kazoospec HalfDork
3/7/13 11:57 a.m.

The scarier proposition is they decide to do this by proxy and hand a nuke off to a jihadist group (who will be happy to smuggle, set off, claim credit), high five each other in the men's room, but say nothing publicly about it, and hopefully avoid the counter-strike. If they really meant to do it, that's the way to pull if off.

The fact that they're yapping about it means they probably don't intend to do anything.

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
3/7/13 11:59 a.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: ok, i'm lame, what movie?

General "Buck" Turgidson: Doctor, you mentioned the ratio of ten women to each man. Now, wouldn't that necessitate the abandonment of the so-called monogamous sexual relationship, I mean, as far as men were concerned?

Dr. Strangelove: Regrettably, yes. But it is, you know, a sacrifice required for the future of the human race. I hasten to add that since each man will be required to do prodigious... service along these lines, the women will have to be selected for their sexual characteristics which will have to be of a highly stimulating nature.

Ambassador de Sadesky: I must confess, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor.

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
3/7/13 12:17 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: ok, i'm lame, what movie?

Stop what you're doing, go to a store, purchase Dr. Strangelove, watch 2 or 3 times and come back when you're done.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/7/13 12:18 p.m.

"Survival kit contents check. In them you'll find:

- One forty-five caliber automatic
- Two boxes of ammunition
- Four days' concentrated emergency rations
- One drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine,
  vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills
- One miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible
- One hundred dollars in rubles
- One hundred dollars in gold
- Nine packs of chewing gum
- One issue of prophylactics
- Three lipsticks
- Three pair of nylon stockings.

Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff."

tuna55
tuna55 UberDork
3/7/13 12:24 p.m.

Can we stop talking about North Korea and just all go watch that movie again?

aircooled
aircooled PowerDork
3/7/13 12:33 p.m.

Major T. J. "King" Kong: Well, boys, we got three engines out, we got more holes in us than a horse trader's mule, the radio is gone and we're leaking fuel and if we was flying any lower why we'd need sleigh bells on this thing... but we got one little budge on them Rooskies. At this height why they might harpoon us but they dang sure ain't gonna spot us on no radar screen!

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
3/7/13 12:35 p.m.
Curmudgeon wrote:

"Mr. President, we cannot afford a mine shaft gap!!"

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
3/7/13 12:37 p.m.

"Mandrake, I thought I ordered all private radios to be confiscated."

"Yes, sir. I was in the act of confiscating this very one, when I happened to switch it on."

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TB2E1NwYkEbypX25LLbkEHaU3X6qfXBUZEzA3hTbjg1vFrFqiSZRHoLYLx0CxRCt