Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Reader
9/4/08 9:32 a.m.

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080904/BREAKINGNEWS/80904013 Well maybe there will be alot of shows grand-am 24 7 , totally grand-am , grand-am pre show with kenny wallace , grand-am pit crew challenge

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/4/08 9:34 a.m.

Grand Am was already owned by the France family. There is probably just some kind of tax advantage doing it this way.

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/4/08 11:29 a.m.

Ah yes, the Grand-Am, the ugly red-headed step-child of Prototype racing. Grand-Am is to ALMS as Allan Harper is to Charlie Harper.

I have to say once you get away from the prototypes, they both have a great selection of door-slammers (nod to ALMS for more exotic rides though)

wreckerboy
wreckerboy SuperDork
9/4/08 12:02 p.m.
“This combination of resources will benefit Grand-Am and NASCAR, their competitors and fans, as the two companies work together to enhance the two sports,” Jim France, NASCAR vice chairman and Grand-Am founder, said in the news release. France is the son of NASCAR founder Bill France, the brother of late NASCAR chairman Bill France Jr. and the uncle of NASCAR Chairman and President Brian France and NASCAR Executive Vice President and International Speedway Corp. President Lesa France Kennedy.
maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
9/4/08 6:30 p.m.

not surprised at all.

personally I enjoy the Grand Am series. I went to the Daytona 24 this year, and it was alot of fun. I watch every race on Speed.

I am a huge fan of Mr. Pruett (not so much his mexican counterpart...but thats another discussion). Bill Auberlen, David Donohue, and Max "the Ax" are other good reasons to watch.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oDQ3wAxf08t3VRrNDoyt6luNDSKvuYEoU6nuywO41gLqTCfGFxYhA9VGe7ALE5U7