1 2 3
Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
6/23/12 5:31 p.m.

Nationwide @ Road America

Sprint Cup @ Sears Point

I always enjoy seeing some stock car racing on road courses. Things you can always expect:

Typical oval front runners struggle
The announcers will struggle to make any sense
There will be hard racing towards the end(alot of dive bombing)
Jacques Villeneuve will punt someone and not take responsibility for it

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
6/23/12 5:41 p.m.

Montreal last year

Road America last year

BARNCA
BARNCA HalfDork
6/23/12 5:50 p.m.

well, at least he is consistent.....

z31maniac
z31maniac UberDork
6/23/12 6:04 p.m.
Anti-stance wrote: Montreal last year Road America last year

What a jackwagon.

I've never really cared for him, but come on.

I also like watching the stock cars on road courses. I think it would be a blast to drive one of those lumbering beasts around a road course.

It'd be interesting to see, like at Montreal, what the speed differential in the corners is between NASCAR and F1.

LopRacer
LopRacer Reader
6/23/12 6:31 p.m.

I properly set up Road Race Stock Car is wicked fast. We have them decend on us once in awhile at NASA events and they are usually at the front of the grid if competently driven.

iceracer
iceracer UltraDork
6/23/12 6:36 p.m.
Anti-stance wrote: Nationwide @ Road America Sprint Cup @ Sears Point I always enjoy seeing some stock car racing on road courses. Things you can always expect: Typical oval front runners struggle The announcers will struggle to make any sense There will be hard racing towards the end(alot of dive bombing) Jacques Villeneuve will punt someone and not take responsibility for it

He did. Punted Danica out of 4th place on the last lap.

BARNCA
BARNCA HalfDork
6/23/12 6:49 p.m.

wonder what the total was for cars that had some 22 white paint on them..lol

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
6/23/12 7:13 p.m.
LopRacer wrote: I properly set up Road Race Stock Car is wicked fast. We have them decend on us once in awhile at NASA events and they are usually at the front of the grid if competently driven.

Same thing in SCCA, here in SEDIV there's a Regional class called GTA. Tim took one out once..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seprX8U5Ilo

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
6/23/12 8:21 p.m.
iceracer wrote: He did. Punted Danica out of 4th place on the last lap.

Heres the video of the incident and everyone interviewed. I do not like or dislike Danica but she sure showed alot more maturity than Jacques. As for Max Papis, I think he had no idea Jacques was there and even covered for him when he was interview. He even got punted last year by him. Jacques was being a complete tool after the race, I hate that guy. He has shown time and time again that he will do something stupid on the last couple of laps of a race.

dankspeed
dankspeed Reader
6/23/12 9:00 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac: What a tool.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk Dork
6/24/12 7:20 a.m.

Even though he had the car back on the track before the braking zone, I'll bet there was a lot of crap on the left side tires when he did hit the brakes. I can believe he couldn't help hitting Danica at that point. You can see the wheel hopping. And anyway, since when is last lap punting (deliberately most often) against the rules in any NASCAR race. It seems to be accepted if it's Tony Stewart, or the hated Kyle Busch so why is this any different?

Salanis
Salanis PowerDork
6/24/12 7:42 a.m.
DeadSkunk wrote: Even though he had the car back on the track before the braking zone, I'll bet there was a lot of crap on the left side tires when he did hit the brakes. I can believe he couldn't help hitting Danica at that point. You can see the wheel hopping. And anyway, since when is last lap punting (deliberately most often) against the rules in any NASCAR race. It seems to be accepted if it's Tony Stewart, or the hated Kyle Busch so why is this any different?

Yeah, not clear how deliberate of a punt that was, or just a case of "This is racing. E36 M3 happens." Which would have been a more appropriate response than "I wasn't involved."

Will
Will Dork
6/24/12 9:32 a.m.
DeadSkunk wrote: And anyway, since when is last lap punting (deliberately most often) against the rules in any NASCAR race. It seems to be accepted if it's Tony Stewart, or the hated Kyle Busch so why is this any different?

I just want to see Villeneuve finish a race without punting someone or crashing half the field on the last lap so I can tell my grandkids I was there to see history.

iceracer
iceracer UltraDork
6/24/12 11:19 a.m.

The thing is his history of hitting cars with any part of his car . In order to WIN it my be called acceptable to punt. But for 4th or 5th place, not acceptable.

wbjones
wbjones UltraDork
6/24/12 1:52 p.m.
iceracer wrote:
Anti-stance wrote: Nationwide @ Road America Sprint Cup @ Sears Point I always enjoy seeing some stock car racing on road courses. Things you can always expect: Typical oval front runners struggle The announcers will struggle to make any sense There will be hard racing towards the end(alot of dive bombing) Jacques Villeneuve will punt someone and not take responsibility for it
He did. Punted Danica out of 4th place on the last lap.

I'm sure he knew he could pass her pretty much anywhere he wanted between T5 and the end of the lap .... guess he felt he needed cement his rep as a total shiny happy person

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
6/24/12 2:09 p.m.

The Sprint Cup race at Sears Point is about to start.

For this race, I am just wondering when Kurt Busch will lose his cool.

AtticusTurbo27
AtticusTurbo27 New Reader
6/24/12 2:09 p.m.

About to watch the Sears Point race, its about to start!

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Dork
6/24/12 2:15 p.m.

Wait is Kurt driving today? I know he was at RA yesterday.

Anywho, Boris is in the 32. So, I am going with a pair of Fords today, the 32 and the 9.

fasted58
fasted58 UltraDork
6/24/12 2:18 p.m.

Ambrose on pole, hope he has better luck today

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
6/24/12 2:21 p.m.

Whats with all this right turn bullE36 M3?!

Ranger50
Ranger50 SuperDork
6/24/12 3:51 p.m.

Snoozefest.... Right as well ran them down the drag strip too....

fasted58
fasted58 UltraDork
6/24/12 5:06 p.m.

I usually like the NASCAR road courses but... pffft

novaderrik
novaderrik SuperDork
6/24/12 5:10 p.m.
Ranger50 wrote: Snoozefest.... Right as well ran them down the drag strip too....

i think they used to.. as a part of the road course..

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
6/24/12 5:49 p.m.

The Sears Point race was actually pretty cool near the end. I don't watch a lot of NASCAR, does it make me a bad person that I was cheering for Kurt Busch?

iceracer
iceracer UltraDork
6/24/12 6:55 p.m.

Kurt came close, he burned up his tires trying to take the lead. He finished third. The race was surprisingly incident free. I thimk Marcos had brake problems. The talking heads were going nuts with the lack of cautions/incidents. They did get their green/white/checker though. They seem to love those.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
U5ckX0EFeICc9HgYj3Q6QBKHPB1hChG9dmzxBlTXl4P1RQAGaImIydlEArGD7VNK