1 2
EveryQuarterMile
EveryQuarterMile New Reader
12/4/14 12:25 a.m.

NASCAR is definitely my favorite. It's wonderful competition, crazy crashes (that are relatively safe), and the pit crews are amazing. I find it very exciting to watch, especially live. NHRA is certainly not bad, but I like the bumpin and bangin more than I like just pure speed.

EveryQuarterMile
12/4/14 12:27 a.m.
jmthunderbirdturbo wrote: NHRA cars literally rattle your very soul. nascar is a bag of skittles being flushed down a clogged toilet for three hours. my favorite stat: lets say you raced one top fuel funny car and one NASCAR in a 1/4 mile race? fair? clearly not. lets remove the NASCARS restrictions to max power. better? nope. ok, fine, let the nescar start one mile BEHIND the start strip, and the funny car wont move till he trips the start lights. the nascar will be doing close to 220MPH, with the funny car at a stand still. fair now? guess what, the funny car still wins. by 300FT. have a great day.

As for this, there is more to racing than just how fast the car is. The stock cars in NASCAR are not made to drag race, they're made for ovals (and a few road tracks). Pitting the two against each other just doesn't make much sense...

jmthunderbirdturbo
jmthunderbirdturbo HalfDork
12/4/14 1:47 a.m.

In reply to EveryQuarterMile:

of course not, but that isn't the point of the statement. the sheer power and damn-near-physics-defying nature of NHRA far surpasses anything a stock car is capable of. in other words, a top fuel car doing its thing perfectly is far more impressive than a nascar doing its thing perfectly. hell, look at your own statement, you like the safe wrecks, which if nascars did what they are supposed to do perfectly, those would never happen. you like the failures, which is fine, but car for car, even NHRA failures are FAR more spectacular.

-J0N

chada75
chada75 New Reader
12/4/14 5:15 a.m.

The Trucks at Eldora.

EveryQuarterMile
12/5/14 10:56 a.m.

In reply to jmthunderbirdturbo:

The wrecks aren't failures at all in NASCAR. The sport is all about bumping and banging, and they're part of it, through and through. Though the drivers hope to avoid wrecks, they have a key part in how the race is run. After all, caution laps are very important for strategy. But when there is an NHRA wreck, it really is a major failure and possibly deadly. The wrecks are not a crucial part to NHRA, though they are interesting. But if you think that NHRA beats NASCAR in wrecks then you need to watch a few videos of the NASCAR ones.

There is no doubt that what an NHRA car can do in regards to power and speed surpasses that of a stock car, but stock cars are not made simply for that, so comparing the two doesn't make a lot of sense. NASCAR isn't all about speed.

I have no problem with you liking NHRA though. It's definitely neat to watch, it's just not really my thing.

jmthunderbirdturbo
jmthunderbirdturbo HalfDork
12/7/14 7:56 p.m.

you said: "comparing the two doesn't make a lot of sense."

the thread title is: Nascar vs NHRA.

you lose by default. :P

-J0N

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3cKLsbl5GSJhD69YH2Pbm3J7y4sbdd5FCU74tWDE9ubkVNebtJX7F7kQR1IGGVOn