1 2 3 4 5
EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
9/16/15 8:48 p.m.

So glad to see you posting Cap'n. I LOVE the rallyx challenge idea, concourse and all! I would love to contribute to the SWMBO spa day-trippin' gig.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/16/15 9:16 p.m.

Keep up the fight Cap'n. If there was ever a time to rally, this is it. I'm pulling for you. I'm sorry you are going through this but glad to see the support around here.

GRM Rallycross idea sounds awesome, as well as the day out for the wife.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
9/16/15 9:24 p.m.
Datsun1500 wrote: In reply to mndsm: You have enough

I can share. I learnt it in kindergarten.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/17/15 8:22 a.m.

So glad to see you post up I was worried. .. . Really worried.

Not sure there is anything I can do to help with things being so far away bit if I can lend assistance with anything just let me know.

Please keep up the good fight!!!

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
9/17/15 8:40 a.m.

I just found and read this thread, this is awful news, count me in for any help with ANYTHING you or yours needs help with.

Steve

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
9/17/15 9:35 a.m.

Just saw this thread as well...Cap, you continue to generate a sense of family here. I know that you said you dont have much of a legacy, but I think that the response here would probably suggest otherwise.

No platitudes or drivel from me, just a heartfelt hope for better times ahead. Keep fighting man. You can do it.

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds HalfDork
9/17/15 6:19 p.m.

We are all thinking of you and yours. Warmest regards and best hopes to you.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/17/15 8:16 p.m.
captdownshift wrote: I'd love to see a $201X rallycross challenge. I'd like to see an additional $40-50 per an entry into the challenge portion of the competition with 50% being donated to the American Cancer Society, 30% going to the winner, 20% going to the runner up and 10% going to the 3rd place finisher. I also wouldn't complain if any of the winners decided to kick into a hard luck loser fund, should someone's vehicle fail them in spectacular fashion.

Sounds like we have our assignment

Now how does one go about setting up a nation-wide competition?

"Captain Downshift's 201X Rallycross Challenge"

Decided entry cost + $50. With the proceeds divided amongst the American Cancer Society, the winner, runner up, and 3rd place (50%-30%-20%-10% respectively).

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/17/15 8:59 p.m.

CLEAN BRAIN SCAN!!!! Pelvis also clear as well. I'd been somewhat quietly nursing a headache, which is an uncommon occurrence for me, for the better part of a week and a half. Docs are going to go over the plan of attack with me tomorrow, as we are a go to move forward according to their brief call. They both sounded pumped, I'm feeding off that tonight and have an energy (while still laying down, but trust me it's there) that I haven't felt in a week and a half. As I can't enjoy a celebratory drink, have one on my behalf this evening, or bump the "is it that time already thread" extra early for me tomorrow. It sounds like I'll be staying in Maryland for treatment as well, which as willing as I was to go to Texas, Buffalo or So Cal to get done what needs to be done, is refreshing and reassuring.

Now excuse me while I sit in the ND, start it, let it idle, Rev it a few times, then let it idle for a few more minutes. Someday, someday I will drive it and even be able to open the top from the driver's seat. But for today, I'll gladly take a clean scan and a renewed plan of attack for treatment.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/17/15 9:07 p.m.

Great news. Enjoy your evening!

Spitsix
Spitsix GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/17/15 9:28 p.m.

To clean scans!

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
9/17/15 10:35 p.m.

This is excellent news!

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/17/15 10:53 p.m.

berkeley yeah!

oldtin
oldtin UberDork
9/17/15 10:55 p.m.

Great news. cheers!

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/17/15 11:17 p.m.
Hungary Bill wrote: berkeley yeah!

Times a bazillion!!!!!!!!

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/17/15 11:27 p.m.

Huzzah

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
9/18/15 12:49 a.m.

In reply to captdownshift:

Rock and roll.

Keep fighting the good fight.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/18/15 6:48 a.m.

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
9/18/15 6:54 a.m.

Damn good news to hear! Keep up the fight Captain.

JtspellS
JtspellS SuperDork
9/18/15 12:20 p.m.

Kick it's ass seabass!!!!

You got this E36 M3!!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/18/15 12:50 p.m.

Awesome news.

Lesley
Lesley PowerDork
9/18/15 1:00 p.m.

I don't even know you, but your recent post brought tears to my eyes. Dude, if you need 323 parts, dayum, I am a human search engine!!! Keep rallying. berkeley cancer, berkeley it hard!

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
9/18/15 1:01 p.m.

bastomatic
bastomatic UltraDork
9/18/15 1:11 p.m.

Wow, first I noticed this thread. I May your recovery be swift and your pain and fatigue be manageable.

cdowd
cdowd HalfDork
9/18/15 1:12 p.m.

Awesome news!

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mxDrlm4tC4K64dX2bKguW94lga5ZYMF3C7uyQZjQ3hwKWT813G0xSaD3BygBybHP