93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo UltraDork
4/4/24 11:44 a.m.

Picked up this super sweet Snap-On KRL1023 the other day off Marketplace.   

It is a welcome replacement for two very well-worn Matco boxes.   I forgot how nice these KRL series boxes are.  

The yellow?  Well it matches my Viper.  Definitely won't lose it in a parking lot, thats for sure.  

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
4/4/24 3:43 p.m.

Nice.  I upgraded to a lightly used Snap-On roller cabinet and top box years ago and haven't regretted it.

Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter)
Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
4/4/24 4:19 p.m.

Very nice sir. They're great boxes. I have that same box, but in Artic silver color. 

ClearWaterMS
ClearWaterMS Reader
4/5/24 3:08 p.m.

i'm super jealous that looks like a great tool box but as it relates to the color; we're going to need to check the color match, please post pics of it next to the viper or just pictures of the viper :) 

VolvoHeretic
VolvoHeretic GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/5/24 8:05 p.m.

Looks great. Please buy a label maker and label where everything goes so that when people come over to help you out, they know where to find what you need is located, but more importantly, where everything goes back to. Not like my two sons and how I have to treat their tool boxes like at the library and just leave everything out on the shop table and they have to put it all away. smiley

preach
preach GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/6/24 6:39 a.m.

I was owed some back rent and the tenant paid me with his tools. Included was a nice 52" or 56" I can't remember bottom and middle snap-on box. It was all apart at the time so I repainted the red and bedlined the drawers.

Nice score!

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
4/6/24 8:16 a.m.
VolvoHeretic said:

Looks great. Please buy a label maker and label where everything goes so that when people come over to help you out, they know where to find what you need is located, but more importantly, where everything goes back to. Not like my two sons and how I have to treat their tool boxes like at the library and just leave everything out on the shop table and they have to put it all away. smiley

Magnetic labels are the way to go.  You can move them around as your needs change, and they don't leave sticky residue on the box.  You can get 8 1/2 x 11 sheets that you can write on with a Sharpie, or feed them through your printer.

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo UltraDork
4/6/24 10:49 a.m.
VolvoHeretic said:

I have a strict "do not put anything back" policy when working with friends.  Anything that comes out goes on top of the box.  All the drawers are organized, I know what is in each one.  If someone puts something back in the wrong drawer, thats worse than having it put on top of the box.

Also, this is why toolboxes lock.  

ClearWaterMS
ClearWaterMS Reader
4/6/24 4:00 p.m.
93gsxturbo said:
VolvoHeretic said:

I have a strict "do not put anything back" policy when working with friends.  Anything that comes out goes on top of the box.  All the drawers are organized, I know what is in each one.  If someone puts something back in the wrong drawer, thats worse than having it put on top of the box.

Also, this is why toolboxes lock.  

a sweet toolbox, a viper, and friends... now i'm really jealous :-D

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
o6N9HYY9KRJvtywu8MiUKMUoBr8rpkWuRcVfFTgYUs2yFaMGzg7BAq9LInhFIqqo