1 ... 12 13 14
Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
2/8/16 12:26 p.m.

Once the Seahawks put him on his back foot in the 2nd half of that horrid game, I knew that he couldn't handle pressure. He needs more years to knock the arrogance outta his ass and some patience and leadership into him.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 PowerDork
2/8/16 12:34 p.m.
T.J. wrote: The Broncos could've won that game with one of us filling in as their QB.

Haha. I recall saying to my wife during the game: "The Broncos would probably be better off with the second-string QB in the game." But you took it a step further, and probably are still accurate. Well done!

Manning's wobbly balls and almost-picks were pretty hard to watch. The only play he really looked sharp on was the 2-point conversion at the end, and maybe one of the passes on the first drive.

Pouty Newton was embarrassing to watch. He's got some growing up to do. And what was that thing where he jumped back after getting stripped rather than try to get his own fumble?!

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/8/16 12:39 p.m.
T.J. wrote: The Broncos could've won that game with one of us filling in as their QB.

Even though he can't throw anymore, he does a lot at the line. Witness the difference between him and Osweiler with the same defense. There's a lot to be said for a guy who's been there, done that. He's as smart as he's ever been.

While everyone was hoping for a high-scoring pass fest QB matchup, I think we got a different kind of QB battle. One was cool, collected and relaxed so the rest of his team was as well. The other just plain lost it and took his team with him. I think Newton has a lot of potential once he calms down. He's been through the Superbowl circus now, so he'll be ready for it next time. He's got the physical gifts, he just needs the mental game face to go with it.

"Too bad they don't make band-aids for feelings" - Cam Newton

WildScotsRacing
WildScotsRacing Reader
2/8/16 1:07 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote:
Even though he can't throw anymore, he does a lot at the line. Witness the difference between him and Osweiler with the same defense. There's a lot to be said for a guy who's been there, done that. He's as smart as he's ever been. While everyone was hoping for a high-scoring pass fest QB matchup, I think we got a different kind of QB battle. One was cool, collected and relaxed so the rest of his team was as well. The other just plain lost it and took his team with him. I think Newton has a lot of potential once he calms down. He's been through the Superbowl circus now, so he'll be ready for it next time. He's got the physical gifts, he just needs the mental game face to go with it. "Too bad they don't make band-aids for feelings" - Cam Newton

Or, put another way, the Panthers got on the bus to go home sometime during the 2nd quarter.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/8/16 2:46 p.m.
T.J. wrote: And what was that thing where he jumped backed after getting stripped rather than try to get his own fumble?!

We all commented on that one. We finally decided that he thought, "Hey, wait a minute! I ain't getting hurt to fix my screw up and try to win this one."

ncjay
ncjay Dork
2/8/16 3:20 p.m.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/8/16 3:22 p.m.

In reply to ncjay:

I wonder if it tastes like Humble Pie?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/8/16 3:29 p.m.

I think it tastes like bitterness and defeat.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/8/16 9:31 p.m.

It sure ain't Sweetness.

1 ... 12 13 14

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EYjgDqOAal2VVRjOPm2wRindF5oH7h7yYSP2IR7LnWskVCv51orQXEYzysXgf9xW